[ROM] VZW 2.4.0 Star Wars Removed - Many Setups - Update 2

MrKleen

Reaction score
What are the instructions to install something back in from the folder on the sd card? I tried to install the quick contact widget and it won't let me.

Thanks!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are the instructions to install something back in from the folder on the sd card? I tried to install the quick contact widget and it won't let me.

Thanks!

You couldn't install them by selecting them in Astro or other file manager?

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks!

Some may need to be copied over to the system/app folder.

Make sure you have the permissions set correctly once you copy them.

Look at attached picture to see what the permissions are.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Some may need to be copied over to the system/app folder.

Make sure you have the permissions set correctly once you copy them.

Look at attached picture to see what the permissions are.

Yeah, DOH, wasn't thinking - they are all from /system/app, i believe.

You can copy them to the /system/app folder using Droid Root Explorer, check/set permissions, then reboot.

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am using the clean rom and I like it very much! I especially like that the things that were removed were put into a folder on the sd card in case we want them. I added back the quick contact widget that I like with the help above!

I appreciate the ability to customize! Great Job!

dougiesgoindeep

Reaction score
GMail issues

Anyone else having issues with GMail? I am not receiving new email notifications. When I check manually, the inbox only shows messages up to 9/28. I have to go the the "important" label to see new messages (and manually refresh).

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with GMail? I am not receiving new email notifications. When I check manually, the inbox only shows messages up to 9/28. I have to go the the "important" label to see new messages (and manually refresh).

Go into account settings, your gmail account settings and make sure there is a check mark to sync mail.

I am using the clean rom and I like it very much! I especially like that the things that were removed were put into a folder on the sd card in case we want them. I added back the quick contact widget that I like with the help above!

I appreciate the ability to customize! Great Job!

Thanks. I may do some scripts so it is easier to switch. Depends on how the bootloader crack goes :)

dougiesgoindeep

Reaction score

Go into account settings, your gmail account settings and make sure there is a check mark to sync mail.

Bingo. Thanks for the quick reply and great rom.

P.S. I tuned off the priority inbox in gmail (through my laptop) and that solved the inbox problem.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I loaded the clean rom yesterday and so far I love what I see. I have noticed that my exchange pin bug is not there, thank god for that. Thanks Motoboy for all your hard work on this. Hopefully we will see some themes, like Black Glass for this rom.

Bug I just noticed, if you don't have a contact picture for a contact, C3PO shows in text messages.

silvertrd

Reaction score
how long should the update take? I followed the instructions to a "T"

Running clockworkmod recovery v2.5.0.8 Wiped cache, no issues, wiped data, no issues, ensured that system was mounted.

Installed full rom form SD card and get this:

-- installing: SD Card: vzw_24_full_ROM.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
installing update...

And thats it.

Phone is rooted/deodexed running 2.2.15 (i think..whatever the last OTA update was)

It has been 10 minutes, and no movement on the progress bar. almost like it stalled out or something.

Did I brick it? LOL I do have a nandroid back-up.

How do I fix it?

Also, when I downloaded the ROM form the given website in the first post, it didnt come as a .zip, so I zipped it prior to placing it on the SD card (I am on a mac, but haven had any issues prior to this with .zip themes)

Any help/advice/guidance would be great.

Last edited:

silvertrd

Reaction score
OK, crises averted.

Rebooted into CWrecovery and recovered to my nandroid.

re-downloaded the rom file, and it appears that it is loosing .zip on my mac.

Will do it on my windows box--hopefully no issues.

Will advise.