rom vs rom

D

dankarlinski

i use fission right now, but this liberty rom seems to be making a huge splash...

what are the differences between the two?

anyone on liberty that came from fission with reviews?

also, is there a fission rom manager like app for liberty?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Fission doesn't compare to liberty in my opinion. I've found liberty /gummyjar to both be much better than fission. The liberty toolbox is similar to the fission rom manager I believe.

OP
D

dankarlinski

thats what i figured... what are the benefits of liberty over fission tho?

OP
D

dankarlinski

whats your opinion on liberty vs gummyjar?

breeett

Reaction score

Liberty is built on top of the GummyJAR base, which is built on top of the Fission base. Liberty comes with a toolbox that far surpasses the functionality of the Fission Rom Manager, and also there isn't that wishy washy line of contributionware here. You donate if you want to. I used Fission for a while, and then switched to GummyJAR. There was no comparison, GummyJAR was faster and smoother than Fission, and just felt better. Liberty is built by the same developer as GummyJAR in collaboration with Jrummy who has added some simply amazing scripts into this ROM. I highly suggest you give Liberty a shot. If you don't like it, you can always just go back to Fission. No harm in giving it a try.

OP
D

dankarlinski

yeah.. it sounds much better. dl'ing liberty right now!. ill make a nandroid before i flash, but it sounds like i wont be needing it. lol

can i just flash over fission 2.5.7? or should i do a clean install?

breeett

Reaction score
yeah.. it sounds much better. dl'ing liberty right now!. ill make a nandroid before i flash, but it sounds like i wont be needing it. lol

can i just flash over fission 2.5.7? or should i do a clean install?

You can flash over Fission, just make sure you wipe data and cache inside the recovery menu before you flash Liberty.

OP
D

dankarlinski

k. i was hoping i wouldnt need to wipe mydata... oh well.. looks like its time to boot up Titanium backup again....

breeett

Reaction score
k. i was hoping i wouldnt need to wipe mydata... oh well.. looks like its time to boot up Titanium backup again....

Just let google take care of the apps, and use Titanium Backup to restore all the data. It's way faster than a batch restore of your apps in Titanium. I'm usually completely restored about 10min after a wipe using this method.

joeyx2

Reaction score
I have the og droid but I switch roms like crazy so I thought letting google download the apps would be easier but then I thought that might run my data plan up a lot. So I use titanium backup so it doesn't run data plan through the roof.

OP
D

dankarlinski

i seem to be having a problem when downloading apps and themes. some dont seem to download for me. i am looking to get the moto camera and the gingerbread theme... it boots to recovery, but the files are not downloaded....

suggestions?

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Liberty is built on top of the GummyJAR base, which is built on top of the Fission base. Liberty comes with a toolbox that far surpasses the functionality of the Fission Rom Manager, and also there isn't that wishy washy line of contributionware here. You donate if you want to. I used Fission for a while, and then switched to GummyJAR. There was no comparison, GummyJAR was faster and smoother than Fission, and just felt better. Liberty is built by the same developer as GummyJAR in collaboration with Jrummy who has added some simply amazing scripts into this ROM. I highly suggest you give Liberty a shot. If you don't like it, you can always just go back to Fission. No harm in giving it a try.

Gummyjar was not built on top of the fission base!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i seem to be having a problem when downloading apps and themes. some dont seem to download for me. i am looking to get the moto camera and the gingerbread theme... it boots to recovery, but the files are not downloaded....

suggestions?

Make sure, while downloading themes and addons not to do anything else until the download and install is done

breeett

Reaction score

Gummyjar was not built on top of the fission base!

Oh, well that is what I was told by a certain Fission developer when I was discussing GummyJAR.