Treonaut

Reaction score
I have a rooted Verizon Motorola Droid running:

ROM:
voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys

Kernel:
2.6.32.9-g103d848
android-build@apa26 #1

I also have ROM Manager, which told me that this ROM would not allow OTA updates...and that it was something the ROM developer had to address. Since then, I have had Verizon make two attempts to OTA install the official Froyo. Both times, I get a white triangle with a yellow exclamation point and a single Droid character.

I have no idea how to reach the developer; and, am not sure what steps to take...or, if I should even bother.

I welcome any good ideas.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
as long as you are running an alternate recovery (SPRecoverry/Clockwork) the OTA will fail. You have to unroot and go back to stock to be able to accept it.

OP
T

Treonaut

Reaction score
Thanks for the rapid, and succinct answer...much appreciated.

Any real advantage in having the 'official' Froyo over a custom ROM?
I have gotten used to certain apps that require root...also, I am concerned with bricking the Droid, if I try to reverse it back to a stock v2.1 (the reason being that I don't know how).

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
..They are basically one and the same. One has root the other does not. You are running the same build as the people that received the OTA if you are on a stock odexed/deodexed FRG01B ROM.

Without getting too technical. If you flash source built ROMS available on the forums they are more up to date than the Official build.

OP
T

Treonaut

Reaction score
Thanks, again Cereal Killer. I've been trying to find these answers for the past week with little success. Really appreciate you giving me the straight scoop.