[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

sephtin

Reaction score
couple of new issues...

Random reboots. I will blackout the screen set the phone down, when I pick up the phone again the rubix is there. My actions before hitting the lock button were sending some texts or IM's nothing out of the ordinary.

Second issue, when using turn by turn nav i don't get the real time updates. Only thing i get is the route and "searching for GPS"

--Reboots:
Anything mod etc. installed after rubiX? Theme? Did you restore anything from Titanium?
Also, there were reports of this on stock when you have the "Smart Profile: Face Down" option selected...
Menu Button> Settings> Sound> (last option, SmartProfile: Face Down).
If this is selected, try changing it to off...
Also, there are reports of random reboots from Motorola, that they are supposedly working on:
Motorola engineering fix to solve Droid X update woes

Sounds to me like a change to rubiX though, or ... if that's def. not it, other thngs that can cause instability are: task killers, some memory/CPU/Battery managers (ATK, SetCPU, etc.)... Anything like that running? If so, you may want to try uninstalling and see if that makes a difference. (I'm currently rock solid stable on 0.5. So not sure what to tell you?

--turn by turn Nav. Haven't tested.. I'll have to take a look!
Could be theme related.. but sounds like something's messing with GPS (Perhaps a task killer, or battery manager app that watches/turns off GPS).. or theme install that replaced a file?

Just something you can check on, as I'm currently playing with Fission to hopefully help with bugfixing.. I'll reload my Focused backup soon, and check this out when I get some time to spend on Focused again!

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
-- Constant syncing in notification bar that didnt' go away (This was narrowed down to being related to the contact syncing service)
--Incorrect number of messages showing up for email accounts
--Problems with email not being "pushed"... someone actually opening up their email, which THEN receives the emails they should have had hours ago.
--Contacts issues.
--reboots
--FC's
--Problem with Music Player haivng problesm recognizing certain file types is "believed" to be caused by titanium restores as well.

I don't know if this is a problem specifically iwth titanium, if you're on rubiX, and you backup/restore.. probably won't have issues.. but coming from other roms, and restoring that data to rubiX has been shown to cause all kinds of fun things. Use caution with Titanium.

All Ti does is archive the files all the other things you listed have ZERO to do with a backup program. Now maybe it has to do with how Rubix deals with the restore but don't blame Ti for that.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Just switched over today from apeX RC1 and it's running great for me! Noticed it's a little faster for me even with all the blur stuff back on it. GREAT WORK

Looks awesome with Incognito Burst Olive on top!!

sephtin

Reaction score
-- Constant syncing in notification bar that didnt' go away (This was narrowed down to being related to the contact syncing service)
--Incorrect number of messages showing up for email accounts
--Problems with email not being "pushed"... someone actually opening up their email, which THEN receives the emails they should have had hours ago.
--Contacts issues.
--reboots
--FC's
--Problem with Music Player haivng problesm recognizing certain file types is "believed" to be caused by titanium restores as well.

I don't know if this is a problem specifically iwth titanium, if you're on rubiX, and you backup/restore.. probably won't have issues.. but coming from other roms, and restoring that data to rubiX has been shown to cause all kinds of fun things. Use caution with Titanium.

All Ti does is archive the files all the other things you listed have ZERO to do with a backup program. Now maybe it has to do with how Rubix deals with the restore but don't blame Ti for that.

Call it what you like...but MyBackup does NOT cause ANY above listed problems. While a backup/restore from titanium will, unless you change options for the restore (unfortunately, I've not seen anyone post details of exactly what those options are...)

Someone posted that it had to do with MyBackup not backing up some system stuff that titanium does...which could be the cause... But to say that "titanium is not to blame" is a little inaccurate...

Have seen the never ending sync issue on other roms...and caused by titanium, so trying to point fingers at rubiX is inaccurate as well.

My summary is accurate, and I stand behind my recommendation to use caution when restoring via titanium... Specifically (and especially) when going from one installation/ROM to another... Stock to stock, apex to apex, etc. shouldn't be an issue, but use care when backing up and restoring between different installs...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid74

Reaction score
So I have been running Blurry and have been loving it and been thinking about trying out Focused now. Im just wondering what are going to be the big differences between Focused and Fission? If I read it right it sounds like Fission is based on Focused.
Thanks

droidxchat

Reaction score
drod do you plan on maintaining rubix blurry and updating it? right now it seems to be the best burred rom available, but i feel like with so many people wanting blurless roms, it might drop to the bottom of your list (and I know you have 3+ projects right now).

on this note, i dont understand why so many people want blurless roms... can anyone comment on this comparison? tell me where i'm wrong and where i'm right, because i'm still learning:

Upsides to blurless roms:
-innately snappier
-unwanted moto mods removed

Upsides to blurred roms:
-compatable with all themes
-can be made just as snappy with optimization
-maintains integrated features such as slower but fully featured camera (non blurred camera is limited. I.e. only 5mp) and facebook integration into contacts list
-still has bloatware removed
-many respected devs consider blurred versions of apps (those modified by moto) to be superior to the ones often replacing them

I guess in my opinion it comes down to this... the only reason to get a blurless rom is if you hate blurred apps and have no use for them, or want to have them removed already because you're going to use another apk in their place. Don't do it for speed or simplicity because you can make a blurred rom just as fast and might find yourself with more complications when you were looking for simplicity. You also cripple things like your camera.

Does it have something to do with AOSP... which stands for android open source project right? I'm not sure entirely what this means versus something that isn't AOSP?

I just feel like too many people are opting for the blurless roms for the wrong reasons, because they think they're faster just because they're lighter, or because they see everyone else doing it.

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
So I have been running Blurry and have been loving it and been thinking about trying out Focused now. Im just wondering what are going to be the big differences between Focused and Fission? If I read it right it sounds like Fission is based on Focused.
Thanks

From a post I put up on droidxforums:
Fission will be as close to plain vanilla as it can be. It's ported code (not based on stock droidx install)...and the kinks/bugs are still being worked out...
Focused is currently based on the stock 2.3.15 code, and is more feature rich than fission.
Future versions of focused will be based on fission code (once stable) and will remain more fully functional...rather than trying to be as completely vanilla as possible.

By more feature rich... I mean like...fission camera currently doesn't use vol.rocker to zoom...won't take pix above 5mp...etc. ...some of these things may change, but others will remain vanilla coded, and those features will be in focused, via some (or at least more) of the stock code...

Fission is not based on Focused... I'm not sure exactly of its true roots, but I know it's as vanilla/AOSP Android as you can get right now...
For the droidx at least...
HTH!

Edit: added "for the droidx at least..."

sephtin

Reaction score
@droidxchat
Much of what you say is true...
Most of the blur apps themselves are sluggish, and optimization can only do so much, so most blurless ROMs will feel faster regardless...

I personally prefer blurless because I don't need all of the tightly integrated bloat, and with blur removing one package can cause other issues, so I opt to start with as little blur a possible, and add back only what I require... (the few remaining blur components in Focused are more than enough for me).
It IS a preference thing! And anyone who says a ROM is "better", or the"best" or whatever is really only speaking for themselves...
The more available options the better is my belief, and when you find one that you really like, stick with it!

I can't speak to drod's plans for Blurry. If there are bugs, or issues, I'm positive they'll be addressed/patched/or whatever though...

Mikey311

Reaction score
i know i've been asking a lot of questions, but i like to learn haha

so the messaging app the rom came with isn't showing any of my contact pictures. how can i fix that?

thanks

scubieman

Reaction score

so the messaging app the rom came with isn't showing any of my contact pictures. how can i fix that?

thanks

Are the pictures showing up in your contacts it may not be syncing from gmail to your phone.

jgmarz

Reaction score
Blurry .3 no voice recognition

I installed and love Blurry .3 but I really need the voice search and text to talk. How do I get it back? Please help

JSans

Reaction score
I have rubiX 0.5 installed and I cannot reboot into recovery. I have tried using bootstrapper to boot into recovery and I was unable to, tried several times. Also tried using ROM manager by clicking reboot into recovery and also install rom from sd card and I still can't get into recovery. Anyone know what else I could do or try?

Mikey311

Reaction score

thanks

Are the pictures showing up in your contacts it may not be syncing from gmail to your phone.

All the contact pictures in my phonebook are there. They're synced with facebook

scubieman

Reaction score