[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

sephtin

Reaction score
so i thought i saw this question posted here somewhere but i can't seem to find it. sorry if i'm asking it again, but since we mounted the system when we isntalled this rom, is there anything special we have to do before we do a nandroid restore?

thanks

p.s. i really like the rom, i'm asking just in case i need to restore or anything.

No, you're fine.

Explanation of why:
Versions of rubiX before PATCHED version used an install script that didn't format or mount /system properly. When getting rubiX to work from ROM Manager, I rewrote the install script. It now formats and mounts /system properly. This allows it to work properly with ROM Manager and when installing manually no longer requires those manual steps.

The problem wasn't with the ROM, nor will it affect restores at all.. it was only to correct for an installation issue.

Hope this helps!

pc527

Reaction score
boot/power off sound

currently running the rubix blurry v0.3 rom. can someone tell me how to change the boot/power off sound? it's currently playing this ringing sound and i'm not sure if this was the same sound that was played when i first installed the rom. i've added the black bar mod and added some r2d2 audio files to my sdcard, not sure if during the process i changed it somehow.

Droid74

Reaction score
So are GalaX and Incognito the only themes that work on Focused so far?

Would love for 928blackglass to work also...hint hint 928Droid =)

lol...never mind 928Droid...i just read your post...very informative

Link to his post?

And there are other themes that can be made to work, just need to make modifications before or after install. :S

sorry here it is....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/928droid/88333-please-oh-please-droid928.html

Mikey311

Reaction score
No, you're fine.

Explanation of why:
Versions of rubiX before PATCHED version used an install script that didn't format or mount /system properly. When getting rubiX to work from ROM Manager, I rewrote the install script. It now formats and mounts /system properly. This allows it to work properly with ROM Manager and when installing manually no longer requires those manual steps.

The problem wasn't with the ROM, nor will it affect restores at all.. it was only to correct for an installation issue.

Hope this helps!

thank you very much!

scubieman

Reaction score
Can anyone recommed themes for Rubix .5? I Tried the invertnit red but just turned out to be black and white on my screen. So anyone else recommed good trouble free themes?

Droid74

Reaction score
Damn a third ROM...Drod u will have to change the header on this thread =)...So Fission is based on Focused. Would there be a reason to keep the 2 ROMs separate? If you do keep them separate would it make one of the 2 ROMs obsolete?

scubieman

Reaction score
I am running Rubix .5 I am trying to use the calender app for my events but nothing is showing up. I checked my account and my gmail to make it's sync is checked. Next to sycn com.android.cale (rest hidden) it says sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly... Anyone know how to get this going?

yankeeboy

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the issue that the physical search button doesnt do anything anymore? If I hold down, I can do a voice search, but a quick click does nothing. did i just miss one of the google apps to install from the market?

Yeah - its driving me nuts

sephtin

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the issue that the physical search button doesnt do anything anymore? If I hold down, I can do a voice search, but a quick click does nothing. did i just miss one of the google apps to install from the market?

Yeah - its driving me nuts

Search fix has been avail. for a while, in fact, second post was updated with a link to the fix over a week ago. :p

If you have troubles with that one, that's just a link to this file:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubiXFocused0.5PATCHED-search.zip

sephtin

Reaction score
I am running Rubix .5 I am trying to use the calender app for my events but nothing is showing up. I checked my account and my gmail to make it's sync is checked. Next to sycn com.android.cale (rest hidden) it says sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly... Anyone know how to get this going?

Did you restore from Titanium? It has caused syncing issues with contacts/mail/etc. for other users. Have you installed a theme? If the theme wasn't blurless, it probably replaced the calendar app, or (??) app with a themed version, and is likely causing the problem...

This should be working in Focused.

Mikey311

Reaction score
so i installed the focused 0.5 before it was on rom manager. and i'm noticing that some bugs have been fixed since then. can i install focused .5 over the one i have now? if so, do i still have to format data and cache and what not? thanks.

scubieman

Reaction score
I would recommend clearing it first just so bugs don't carry over and to be safe but yet any defective file was fixed therefore would be override on upgrade up to you. I think both you should be okay.

Droid74

Reaction score
So is anyone having a problem with adding speed dial numbers? I cant get the numbers to remain saved. Is this a bug or did this never work with the DX....never looked for the function before.
Thanks

S

scrub175

couple of new issues...

Random reboots. I will blackout the screen set the phone down, when I pick up the phone again the rubix is there. My actions before hitting the lock button were sending some texts or IM's nothing out of the ordinary.

Second issue, when using turn by turn nav i don't get the real time updates. Only thing i get is the route and "searching for GPS"