Rom toolbox

denklau

Reaction score
It is an app on the market created by JRummy16. It is basically all of the most used root apps in one package. It includes most (if not all) of the features from ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Terminal Emulator, AdFree, SetCPU, etc. Plus it includes a font installer, boot animation installer, build.prop tweaks, and more. A very useful root app IMO

OP
W

wooooowwe

Reaction score
Does it give you Dons you can install

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

denklau

Reaction score
Does it give you Dons you can install

I'm assuming the "Dons" was supposed to be ROMs and your keyboard just auto-corrected you...

And no, that is one of the features that ROM Manager has over ROM toolbox. You are on your own finding and downloading ROMs, but that isn't terribly difficult to do.

smiller7117

Reaction score
...my ROM Toolbox has a ROM Manager. And there are ROMS available for download and instalation. And I'm pretty sure they are ones that are compatible w/ my phone.

denklau

Reaction score
...my ROM Toolbox has a ROM Manager. And there are ROMS available for download and instalation. And I'm pretty sure they are ones that are compatible w/ my phone.

Well...that's cool. Which phone are you using? My guess would be that this feature isn't up and running on the Droid Razr yet and might not be at all (due to the fact of the locked bootloader and we need a bootstrap to get into recovery...)

smiller7117

Reaction score
Using Droid 2 Global, CM7 ROM.
I had to install bootstrapper in order to boot into recovery as well. Its the first option in ROM Toolbox. Tried to upload a screenshot but the forum won't let me for some reason. Lol

casper05lly

Reaction score
Recently rooted my phone and used toolbox to change font. I was going to make a nandroid backup with it, but I am only rooted and don't have safe strap. Will it still allow me to make a back up.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Recently rooted my phone and used toolbox to change font. I was going to make a nandroid backup with it, but I am only rooted and don't have safe strap. Will it still allow me to make a back up.

I tried to make nandroid backup with ROM Toolbox and it wouldn't do it. I think you're going to need to use SafeStrap or BootStrap. A great utility has been put together by Mattlgroff over on the Razr Hacks page on this forum. I'd recommend downloading and installing this utility from here Droid RAZR Hacks. It has just about everything you need if you need to root, want to unroot, need to recover from a bricked phone etc. You can install Safestrap or Bootstrap through the utility.

casper05lly

Reaction score
Do I need to do safestrap and all that if i don't plan on flashing rom

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
No. If you want to make a backup you're going to need SafeStrap or BootStrap though. I recommend the utility I mentioned...it is nice to have handy...particularly if you root.