Rom tool box or titanium backup

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Im trying to determine what app is better. ROM tool box does so many things that I cant even mention them all. Once ive been rooted, this app really keeps things maitenanced. However, titanium backup does and is supposed to be #1 for the backup app. To freeze apps, ive used ROM toolbox, which did a good job. This was accomplished by using application manager. I guess I would like to know if anyone actually has bought the two and used both of these apps. I would like to know your thoughts on the freezing and the backing up of the apps with either one. I do know that using application mngr did stop the annoying reminder to install the update 902 that recently came out. Thanks for any replies.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Actually I use both. Haven't purchased the paid version of Rom Toolbox though. I think both are good but being able to customize somewhat I give the nod to RT

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I have both paid apps. If backing up and freezing apps is the question, i'd go with titanium. Rom toolbox does many things but isn't the best at those things. I still use root explorer instead of root browser. I use autostarts instead of toolbox's auto start manager, I use jacks terminal emulator instead of toolbox's and adfree instead of adblocker.I use toolbox mainly for the themes, boot animations, theme manager, and kernel tweaks. But everything except terminal emulator and adfree are paid also.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I have both paid apps. If backing up and freezing apps is the question, i'd go with titanium. Rom toolbox does many things but isn't the best at those things. I use toolbox mainly for the themes, boot animations, theme manager, and kernel tweaks. But everything except terminal emulator and adfree are paid also.

+1:icon_ lala:

Memp2Atl85

Reaction score
Titanium for backups and freezing apps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk