ROM to Stock?

Garandhero

Reaction score
So I am going to start experimenting with ROMS tonight, the first one I am going to install is Liberty 3 v2.0.

Question is, how do I go from a ROM back to the standard(stock)? Where can I get the stock ROM incase I just decide ROMs aren't my thing..

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
I have made a nandroid backup after rooting...so I have that is that all I need? If so what's the process for restoring it should I decide not to stick w/ a ROM.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you wanna go back to stock(even though liberty is great) you just restore the nandroid back up... no biggie... just boot in to clockwork mod(threw rom manager) [if i'm thinking correctly... do not install bootstrap... it's already installed.. so if you do... you'll get put into a bootloop...] then just go to restore and restore it

lowvolt

Reaction score
You can do a back up recovery in clockwork mod recovery
If you get into real trouble like i did the first time I flashed a rom you will have to sbf back to stock. Its pretty easy. A program does it for you. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
So when I wipe data/cache and all that the nandroid backup stays even though its on SD card.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Yes nandroid backup is on sdcard that will not be affected

sent from my rooted flashed sbf'ed rooted, flashed etc. etc. DROID X

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So when I wipe data/cache and all that the nandroid backup stays even though its on SD card.

as stated above... yes... the nandroid back up will stay... because the data/cache wipe will only wipe what's on your phone... it will not touch your sd card...