[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

ryan4h

Reaction score
Missing Apps?

Anyone else missing apps? I installed Titanium Backup Pro from the Market (had it before installing rom), and it says install, but I can't open it and it's not showing in the app drawer. Please help. TIA.

Jolly

Reaction score
Liberty

Your DroidX/2 Liberated!!!!
libertyx.png

Note: Liberty can be installed over the top of GummyJAR 2.5

Liberty is tested and supported on only 320/340 droid X’s.

Liberty is the result of a collaboration between Kejar31 and Jrummy16. The base and apps from this ROM are the continuation of GummyJAR’s base while the scripts and toolbox are the continuation of Rumm’s tools. Together Liberty is a evolution in the DroidX/2 ROM scene.

Team liberty
KEJAR31
JRUMMY16

Contributors
Artwork, name and default theme - DAVEKOVER
Additional artwork CHKMATE
Testers - DUHSTEHN, FABOLOUS, JACKSONBARBER
Themers - BGILL55, MIKEYINID, DRAYA1986

Thanks to xeudoxus for being the pure genius he is and all the help he has offered
Thanks over_leaf for allowing us to use a few of his pictures from wallpaper images!
Thanks to WJD for the awesome boot animation!!!
Thanks for cvpcs for publicly posting his source, which I compiled most of my apps from.
Thanks for teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
Angdroid and Untermensch for the reboot option.

ROM Features:
Base....built on top of GummyJAR
95% of all the apps were built from source.... rather than decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!! And it shows in pure speed!!!!
Blurless
Wycontacts
AOSP Pattern lock
AOSP tab Lockscreen with the option for Rotary as well
Custom terminal emulator with added color options
Reboot option in power down menu
Launcher2 with increased snap velocity
Custom Liberty wallpapers app
Custom Liberty live wallpapers (nexus Mod like, modded from CM source)
Music control's in lockscreen (will control any music source including Pandora)
MusicMod by Eliot Stocker (built from CM source and compiled by Team Liberty)
Inverted Gtalk and Gvoice
Gingerbread keyboard - built by hotaru modified by Team Liberty for better button size
AppWidgetPicker - credit boombuler
Latest Market included
build.prop tweaks - thanks to LexusBrian400
Ads blocked via hosts file - thanks to delta_foxtrot2
10% battery increments support
Clockwork recovery (bootstrap) installs on initial install
Working init.d with config file (start-up scripts)
Liberty scripts:
(Run them in terminal emulator. Type script_name -help for more info)
** ads, allinone, apploc, backup, bootani, cache, camsound, compcache, chglog, donate, exe, fixperms, freemem, install_zip, load, pulldown_text, install_zip, load, market_history pulldown_text, rb, restore,rmapk, setcpu, setprops, slim, sound, switch, symlink, sysro, sysrw, usb, zipalign_apks **
All apps optimized and zip aligned
More to come...

Toolbox Features:

• App Management:
  • Apps2SD
  • Remove/Backup system/data apps
  • Install Add-Ons on the fly (blur, non-blur, extras, etc.)
  • Backup/restore feature
• Liberty Mods
  • Switch between transition animations
  • Change boot logos
  • Set Build Properties * File editor included by Fr4gg0r *
  • Install Fonts
  • Install Themes from the toolbox
  • Pulldown-bar text editor
• Liberty Tweaks
  • Ad Blocker (Block/Unblock)
  • Cache Manager (clear/move to SD)
  • Free Memory
  • Manage Boot Animation
  • Mount system rw, fix permissions, zipalign apps, etc.
• Reboot Options
  • Reboot, reboot bootstrap, reboot recovery, powerdown
• Settings
  • App Theme (change theme of toolbox)
  • Notify for ROM updates/patches
  • Lockscreen Settings
  • Recovery safe mode
  • Sysctl Support
  • Camera Shutter Sound
  • Tools (Spare Parts, Dev Tools, Testing Menu)
  • Restore apps feature
  • Set install location on boot
  • Zipalign apps on reboot
  • Clear cache on reboot
  • Fix permissions on reboot
Known Issues:
Gingerbread keyboard may have some issues with the size on the D2

Change Log:

Disclaimer:
We take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
DX
D2

Mirrors

DX
DX
D2
D2

Updates:

Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

Installing themes or Addons
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TheameName.zip
-reboot

Themes Credit:
watermark'd - liquid0624
ud - black droid
frost - sonnysokhen
revolution - manup456
mysterious beast - thebowers
pink life - JRummy16

Note:
Again do not install themes from any other ROM on this as it will cause bootloops.

Donate:
Donate to Team Liberty and buy us a round of beers! :)

Huh, the Toolbox seems like a Downgraded version of the TranQ Toolbox. I guess they thought P3's toolbox concept was a great idea too. I wonder why they didn't at least credit him for using his idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Huh, the Toolbox seems like a Downgraded version of the TranQ Toolbox. I guess they thought P3's toolbox concept was a great idea too. I wonder why they didn't at least credit him for using his idea.

First, I'll state that I haven't seen P3's toolbox code, so I don't know this for certain:

Really? P3 is responsible for the idea of a Toolbox? That hasn't been done on many other ROMs before on the original Droid? Unless they kanged the code directly from it, this "concept" is nothing new.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is data throttle off on this rom? If not, is there a way to turn it off?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
@Jolly. I'm thinking the reason they (kejar and jrum) didn't give P3 credit for their toolbox is because JRum has been writting his own scripts for his apps and tools for a long time.

Im a fan of a LOT of devs. But this is like saying Themers who theme the keyboard should still be giving credit to the first who did it.

If I'm mistaken, please, someone put me in my place. But to rise up in here and say something like that is ridiculous.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

dtdlurch

Reaction score

First, I'll state that I haven't seen P3's toolbox code, so I don't know this for certain:

Really? P3 is responsible for the idea of a Toolbox? That hasn't been done on many other ROMs before on the original Droid? Unless they kanged the code directly from it, this "concept" is nothing new.

I've used them both. They are nowhere near the same. Not to mention, Liberty's Toolbox actually works. That in its self makes it much different than TranQ's.

Not downing on TranQ. There are a lot of great things about it, and I'm looking forward to checking out 3.6.1. But, I've never had a more difficult time trying to get something to work correctly. It obviously isn't a rip off. And, as Inkarnit said, toolbox is not a new concept. I've seen it on tons of ROMs. Just because P3 was the first to put one on an X doesn't make it an original idea.

NoBlur

Reaction score
toolbox problem

does anyone else find the download system through the toolbox a bit buggy. there's no download manager in the program, and when u select something it just downloads in the background. but it will only continue downloading if u completely ignore the toolbox app. to make things even more annoying, if there's the slightest glitch in the internet connection the download stops and the phone attempts to install the incomplete file. all of this makes downloading things like themes (which are pretty big files, taking time to download and thus subjecting them to a higher likelihood of problems) very annoying. am i the only one experiencing this, or have others noticed as well?

ajaikarran

Reaction score
Battery issue

First, great ROM. Love it. Unfortunately I am having battery problems. Installed it yesterday. Went well. I am using a droid X, had it for a week. Something is killing the battery fast. I turned off gps push etc. Went to bed with 90% charge woke up to dead phone around 3am.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Cytochrome

Reaction score
does anyone else find the download system through the toolbox a bit buggy. there's no download manager in the program, and when u select something it just downloads in the background. but it will only continue downloading if u completely ignore the toolbox app. to make things even more annoying, if there's the slightest glitch in the internet connection the download stops and the phone attempts to install the incomplete file. all of this makes downloading things like themes (which are pretty big files, taking time to download and thus subjecting them to a higher likelihood of problems) very annoying. am i the only one experiencing this, or have others noticed as well?

This has been addressed numerous times through numerous threads! Please read http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/115524-problems-w-add-ons-read-first.html

The server is getting hammered so this will happen since everyone is trying to download.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, great ROM. Love it. Unfortunately I am having battery problems. Installed it yesterday. Went well. I am using a droid X, had it for a week. Something is killing the battery fast. I turned off gps push etc. Went to bed with 90% charge woke up to dead phone around 3am.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I don't want to turn this into a battery thread, but real quick, what is your setup. Taskillers, battery management apps, bloatware running or anti virus? Doubt its this ROM.

jgrizz

Reaction score
Ah ok that's what I suspected. We should probably add that in the OP or something or "themeing guide". The Toolbox app makes it look like you can just switch between themes, but you really can't. (For instance you lose the clock if you go from Vanilla to Liberty.)

It's too bad though - would have been awesome. Installing the ROM again I'll lose the app mods.... Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Its a 1.0 release it will get better as we work on it :)

can you add back the blur social networking to next liberty?

Hahahahahadancedroid

rion_j

Reaction score

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I don't want to turn this into a battery thread, but real quick, what is your setup. Taskillers, battery management apps, bloatware running or anti virus? Doubt its this ROM.

agreed! it's not the ROM. Battery life has been fantastic!

sephtin

Reaction score
Anyone else missing apps? I installed Titanium Backup Pro from the Market (had it before installing rom), and it says install, but I can't open it and it's not showing in the app drawer. Please help. TIA.

I just saw someone with this issue the other day on another ROM.

I believe they mentioned, that Titanium PRO was just for the key.. I think you need the standard titanium, and then just add the key for pro.. or ??

I don't know exactly, I'll see if I can find it...