[ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v6.0 *03/15* (Android 2.1 - ESE53)

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by AdamZ, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Rob Wilco

Rob Wilco New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question, how can you utilize the newly built in FLAC support? I can't open flac files with my file manager still, but with the new support are you able to simply listen to flac files through the music app?

2. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's with everyone always using these garbage free file hosting sites? It makes trying to download anything a huge PITA.

3. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    because its free....whats the problem though? You're only waiting 40 seconds for a link to pop up.

4. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I've apparently hit my limit for that site and can't download anymore today. I offered hosting but never heard anything back.

Edit: I DO really appreciate the roms and all the work all the different developers do on them. And after trying just about every rom, I like adamz's best. It's just been a long day. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. Cyrus6001

Cyrus6001 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So im not a big fan of the alternative font i selected during install.... is there any way to change that without having to go thru the whole rom reinstall process?

6. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Adamz - thank you. I've been using your ESE53 kernels with ultimatedroid and now with SmokedGlass 6.0.

The low-voltage kernel works GREAT at 800MHz or less. (At 1GHz it eventually locks up and battery removal is needed). My battery usage is fantastic. I've set it to 250MHz on screen off, 800MHz on screen on, and I can go TWO WHOLE DAYS without recharging.

Stock VZW - 3-4 hours. Ultimatedroid with medium voltage kernel - one day. SmokedGlass6.0 with low-voltage 250-1000... TWO DAYS!!!

The software is fully baked. I like the tremendous effort that obviously went into beta testing both the install and the packages. I used SmokedGlass 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, and then switched to ultimatedroid to get 2.1... (ESE53). That was not too much fun... way too many misses than hits. He's still working on it and I wish him luck. I respect success more than speed.

Thank you for this. I've been developing code for years, including VMS kernel code, Linux driver code, etc. If I knew Java I'd truly appreciate what you've put forth... but until then I can only say ... thanks!

Ehud

7. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i noticed this as well. But it does light when the screen is off. it is weird, but might be able to work if you uninstall and reinstall it.

FOR ALL OF THOSE HAVING BOOTING/RESTARTING PROBLEMS!

what you need to do is restore your previous rom (ex: SG5.0.1) from the nandroid backup/restore that SG v6 made. should be named something like preinstal-Bxxxxxxxxxx

after it installs then reboot the phone. once it booted up, try to install again.

Remember when installing the rom if coming from 5.0.1 or earlier you must choose a new boot.img . one of the new 5 step ones, you cannot use the original kernel that has 9.

hope this helps

8. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    INoob question, but can I flash this rom if coming from droidmod. Or do need to start over. Thanks for the help

Nevermind. Answered my own question. Yes you can. Full data and cache wipe. Running real smooth and login I.thanks for all the help.

9. Droidfan1

Droidfan1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LED does NOT work

LED does NOT work... it does not flash (the blue/green/red etc color LED not flash/flashlight LED) .... please fix!

EDIT: LED DOES work but ONLY if screen is off

10. gnmitchell

gnmitchell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Brian,

Yes just simply reinstall astro and your backups are there

11. demonhawk

demonhawk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am completely new to custom roms, but I just installed root today and I have a question. I've noticed on other roms sometimes they say do not update if coming from 2.0.1, is that also true for this rom, or is that only true when you use an update.zip method to update?

Thanks for any info.

12. rayz007

rayz007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having trouble with Wifi. When I enabe wifi and goto settings for wifi i get a forceclose of wifi settings. However it connected to my home network without me entering a password? Any one else getting force closes on wifi settings screen?

rayz007

13. blah133

blah133 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the latest SG update and it said that if google maps did not work properly I may uninstall it from the ROM, then re-install from marketplace. The problem is when I go to maps it won't register my location by GPS, only by Wi-Fi, which is not accurate. How do I uninstall maps from my phone? I can't figure it out lol. I tried uninstalling from applications but it will only let me clear data, and when I go to "data" via Astro there is nothing there.

Thanks

14. ips

ips Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im loving this so far, running it with your low voltage kernel very stable at 800 mhz. I really miss my 2.0 lock screen with vibrate mod thoguh, can you keep this in future SG roms?

15. kingsizechuck

kingsizechuck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when I attempted to install this , it responded with "ERROR: install exited with status 14" Any ideas where to start on this..... Thanks, Charlie