[ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v6.0 *03/15* (Android 2.1 - ESE53)

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by AdamZ, Mar 15, 2010.

1. AdamZ

AdamZ Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v6.0.1 *03/15* (Android 2.1 - ESE53)

Smoked Glass ROM v6.0.1

I have created a new thread and left the 5.0.1 thread intact for reference.

I have also uploaded a duplicate in ZIP form... Unzip this and install the .rom.tgz as normal!
    (Only for those having issues downloading the rom.tgz)

This ROM installs the same as Version 5.0.1. It is in the Rom.tgz format - which makes for a MUCH easier and customizable installation. You will get multiple menus with multiple choices (yes... the menus do end eventually... :) The Install Script is over 2,800 lines long.). I have added a lot more options for this version. I really hope you enjoy this update... The ROM is running VERY smooth and Battery Life is incredible (if you don't go crazy with processor speed). Have fun. :)
    And expect much more to come...

Read the Instructions and Menu Headers CAREFULLY!!!

All images I have modified/created have been Stretched Correctly, Optimized/Compressed, Compiled, and all APKs have been Zipaligned to ensure the theme doesn't affect speed. It was a long process, but well worth it. I have also taken the time to optimize all stock Android images to reduce size/increase speed as well as Zipaligned all APKs that were not themed.

You MUST root your phone and have SirPsychoS' SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b to install Rom.tgz.

This is in Rom.tgz format... you will be prompted whether you want to wipe data and/or cache when installing... (You will also be able to wipe data and keep your apps. Market will still recognize them and prompt you for updates.)

Here is what it includes...
    • * Android 2.1 (ESE53)
    • * Over 1000 personally Modified Images (ALL Images compressed and optimzed with PNGGauntlet and compiled with MotoDev Studio. All APKs 'zipaligned' to ensure speed. I have not just copied others work and pasted it here.)
    • * [Overclocked (Choose your range during installation - 6 Choices. Many more choices are available in Smoked Glass Boots.) [Motorola UNDERclocked phone to 550MHz... 600MHz is the rated chip speed.]
    • Custom Boot Animation
    • Busybox installed and binary updated
    • IM App from G1 (thanks to Zappletoo)
    • * Option to copy HTC IME Keyboard to SD Card (thanks to jonasl at XDA)
      • Installation will COPY 3 files to your SD Card: HTC_IME.apk, Clicker.apk, and .htcime
      • Install the two APKs normally from your SD Card (With "Root Launcher" or another File Explorer App)
      • Leave the file ".htcime" in the Root of your SD Card
    • Milestone MediaGallery and PhotoEditor
    • Wifi Tether
    • 2.0.1 Launcher w/ 5 Screens - No A/R (thanks to xeudoxus)
    • or 2.0.1 Launcher w/ 3 Screens - No A/R
    • * Live Wallpapers are Standard (Interactive with 2.0.1 Launcher & Helix Launcher)
    • * I have customized Live Wallpapers and included options during installation (see Changelog below)
    • * 2.1 Music Player is Standard
    • * 2.1 DeskClock is Standard
    • * 2.1 News/Weather Widget is Standard
    • * 2.1 Multi-Touch Browser is Standard
    • * 2.1 Multi-Touch Gallery is Standard
    • * 2.1 Multi-Touch Maps is Standard
    • * 2.1 Keyboard with Voice Search is Standard
    • * Six options for boot.img (600, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, or 1200 MHz)
    • * Option to choose which Theme from installation - Full Theme, Full with Blue Clock/Notifications, and Glass Only Theme
    • * Option to install Droid Font
    • * Options to Wipe Data or Wipe Data & keep Apps.
    • * Option to Wipe Cache
    • * Options to Install Wifi Tether to /system OR Copy to your SD Card
    • * Options to Install Low Brightness App to /system OR Copy to your SD Card
    • * Options to Install Audio Toggle App to /system OR Copy to your SD Card
    • * Option to Install the Helix Launcher (thanks to faruq aka ruqqq at XDA)
    • * Option to Install 2.1 Nexus One Ringtones & Notifications
    • * Option to Install YouTube HQ Video Hack (thanks to xeudoxus)
    • * Option to Choose between 3 or 5 Screen 2.0.1 Launcher
    • * Option to Choose your High Quality Video Recording Bitrate (3 to 9 Mb/s)
    • * Option to Choose how often your Wifi Scans for New Networks (15 sec to 3 min)
    • * Option to install Bash as your Shell (thanks to trevorj)
    • * Option to install Flac Support (thanks to DroidMod Team)
    • * More Custom Scripts (to be used in Terminal)
      • rwsys - Mount System as Read/Write
      • rosys - Mount System as Read-Only
      • recov - Reboot into Recovery Mode
      • reclog - Cat your Recovery Log
    • * Option to Copy YOUR Custom Ringtones/Notifications from SD Card to your System (to help with those getting bootloops when using Ringtones/Notifications stored on your SD Card)
      1. Convert your personal custom Ringtones & Notifications into *.ogg format
      2. Create a folder named sgsounds
      3. Create two folders named ringtones and notifications
      4. Place the two folders (ringtones and notifications) inside of the folder sgsounds
      5. Place the folder sgsounds in the root of your SD Card (With the two other folders inside))
      6. Place your Ringtones inside of the ringtones folder
      7. Place your Notifications inside of the notifications folder
      8. Run the installation of the ROM and select your applicable choices

Changelog:

March 15, 2010 (6.0 & 6.0.1 - ESE53)

• Quick Update for Smoked Glass Only Theme (Transparent Notification Background and Stock Volume/Progress Bars)
    • There is no need to update to this version unless you use the Smoked Glass Only Theme with NO Blue...
    • Updated to Android Build ESE53 (The Droid 2.1 OTA Update)
    • ALL APKs have been Optimized and Zipaligned to ensure speed
    • All new kernels... with tons of choices (See Smoked Glass Boots for more...)
    • 2.1 Multi-Touch Browser is standard (and works great!)
    • 2.1 Multi-Touch Maps is standard (Either uninstall your current Maps from /data before Installing the ROM, or Uninstall the Maps from the ROM and install from Market if you have issues)
    • 2.1 Multi-Touch Gallery is standard
    • 2.1 Desk Clock is standard (choice to remove during installation)
    • 2.1 News & Weather Widget is standard (choice to remove during installation)
    • 2.1 Voice Search Keyboard is standard
    • Google Goggles App is standard (choice to remove during installation)
    • Live Wallpapers are standard and interactive (with 2.0.1 Launcher)
    • I have customized and included options for the Neural Network Live Wallpaper (Pixel Color & Background)
      • Choice of Neural Network Backgrounds
        • Stock Neural Network Background
        • Nexus One Live Wallpaper Background
      • Choice of Neural Network Pixel Colors
        • Stock Sholes Red
        • Blue
        • Green
        • Red
        • Yellow
        • Nexus (All 4 Colors)
    • Updated the theme for Contacts & Phone (Blue background and dialer updates)
    • Updated the Blue Progress Bars/Volume Bars (Color fades and is not flat)
    • Added more scripts
    • Option to choose 3-Screen 2.0.1 Launcher or 5-screen 2.0.1 Launcher (No A/R
    • WIP)
    • Options to choose how often your WiFi scans for new networks (to save battery)
    • Options to choose if and how much of an increase in HQ video recording (Bitrate
    • Mb/s)
    • Options to choose to install Wifi Tether to /system or copy to SD Card to install later
    • Options to choose to install Low Brightness App to /system or copy to SD Card to install later
    • Options to choose to install Audio Toggle App to /system or copy to SD Card to install later
    • Option to shorten the ring delay
    • Option to Copy YOUR Custom Ringtones/Notifications from SD Card to your System
    • Option to install Helix Launcher

February 27, 2010 (5.0 & 5.0.1)

• Just a really quick update. I added the Beta 3 version of 2.1 Launcher (Greek35T). Even less issues!
    • * Largest update is the ROM format... you get complete customization. Make the ROM your own!
    • Options to Wipe Data and Wipe Data & keep Apps
    • Options to Wipe Cache
    • Option to copy HTC IME Keyboard to SD Card (thanks to jonasl at XDA)
    • New version of 2.1 Launcher - Fixes Landscape and less FCing (thanks to Greek35T)
    • Fixed issue of speed and FCing of 2.0.1 Launcher... sorry about that.
    • Live Wallpapers (Interactive with Launcher2) (thanks to xeudoxus)
    • 2.0 Lockscreen Vibrate Hack (Lockscreen will take you to vibrate... Long-press of power will silence)
    • Two options for boot.img... 250-1100 MHz and 250-800 MHz.
    • Option to choose which ROM from installation - Full Theme, Full with Blue Clock/Notifications, and Glass Only Theme
    • Brought back the option to include Milestone MediaGallery and PhotoEditor
    • Option to install Wifi Tether from the ROM Installation... no extra download necessary. (same version as before)
    • Option to install the Audio Toggle App
    • Option to install the Low Brightness App
    • Option to install Droid Font

February 19, 2010 (4.5)
    • Created custom kernel with 9 Processor Slots (More than enough to suit all needs)
      • 250, 400, 550, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 MHz Processor Slots
      • Processor Temperature Monitoring (Almost had it... but without sholes.info's repo I wouldn't have gotten what I was missing)
      • DMA Race Conditioning (thanks to sholes.info's great repo!)
      • Updates from 2.6.32 to fix Brightness and Touchscreen Issues (thanks to t3hSteve for posting the patch)
      • Nand Prefetch
      • Wi-Fi Tether
    • Fixed Lockscreen Images in Landscape (I have NO idea how I did that...)
    • Added xeudoxus' Launcher2.apk with fixed homescreen position.
    • Removed Links for Extra Overclocking and Extra Overclocking Instructions

February 10, 2010 (4.1)
    • Added blue Volume/Progress Bars
    • Removed the Nexus version of MT Maps so you can use 3rd party programs with it
    • Overclocked to 1000 MHz (Options of 250, 550, 800, 950, and 1000 MHz) (thanks to tasmanian_droid)
    • Added new boot image that includes access to Processor Temperature (thanks to tasmanian_droid)
    • Themed Google Maps (Broken: Must be themed via Metamorph (to avoid wiping /data))
    • Themed Google Talk
    • Modified and cleaned up Lockscreen Tabs
    • Fixed FC issues with Clock and News and Weather Widget/App
    • Fixed Logcat error with Keymaps in qtouch-touchscreen.kcm.bin (thanks to dao777)
    • Updated Busybox binary
    • Added custom script to mount system (Type "rwsys" to mount read/write and "rosys" to mount read-only)
    • All Busybox commands are executable without using "busybox" first
    • Added extra available option for download with Blue Time/Date/Notifications
    • Removed excess files - increased system speed
    • And of course as always... I've themed and added a lot more images I can't think of :)

February 5, 2010 (4.0)
    • Installed 950 MHz Overclock Kernel as Standard (Options of 950 MHz, 800 MHz, 550 MHz, 250 MHz, and 125 MHz in SetCPU)
    • I completely revamped Notification Bar, Widgets, and many more of the current images... (not status bar)
    • I added over 400 more modified images (over 1000 total)
    • Themed Dialer with Glass Theme
    • Themed Genie Widget with HTC Weather Images (same as Beautiful Widgets)
    • Modified and Improved Launcher with slightly larger Arrows/TrashCan and improved Launcher in Landscape mode
    • Added 2.1 Multi-Touch Gallery
    • Added 2.1 Multi-Touch Maps with Night Mode
    • Added new version RC4 of the Milestone Multi-Touch Browser with v8 Webcore
    • Added the G1 IM.apk
    • Removed Milestone MediaGallery and PhotoEditer (they are redundant and waste space with 2.1 MT Gallery)
    • Added link to download Modified MixZing Music Player App with White Ongoing Notification Text
    • Added link to download Metamorph File with Original Smoked Glass Widget Images
    • Added link to download Espresso Wallpapers

January 28, 2010 (3.0 & 3.1)
    • Almost all bugs are fixed - Still working on Launcher2's home screen.
    • Added MORE Overclocking - 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 1 GHz (all thanks to tasmanian_droid... way fast)
    • Added YouTube HQ Hack [High Quality by default, can switch to Low Quality] (thanks to xUltimate Script by xeudoxus)
    • Added Minimum Brightness Hack [Lowers minimum brightness to 2 instead of 20] (thanks to xeudoxus)
    • Added Download for Brightness App by jinx10000 for even more control.
    • Added Link for WiFi-Tethering app - Just install and Tether away - that's it.
    • Because Tethering Installation is so easy now, there is no need for a separate Wi-Fi Tether ROM...
    • Modified press of Launcher in Smoked Glass Only to be Orange instead of Blue.
    • Added Download for Modified Pandora Internet Radio... (thanks to xUltimate Script by xeudoxus)
    • Updated Multi-Touch browser version - fixes Auto-Rotate and much faster typing (thanks to t3hSteve)
    • Expect ROM.tgz format for next update... plus a few more things I've been losing sleep over...

January 25, 2010 (2.5)
    • Added version with Wi-Fi Tether for Download
    • Modified camcorder to record at 8 mb/s bitrate and went back to stock 25fps... this should fix F/C issues.
    • Added old 2.0.1 AlarmClock.apk back in..
    • Added 2 Wallpapers in Launcher.apk (Select them from the Wallpaper Gallery)
    • Added links for SetCPU (by coolhbo3k) and Moto-Torch LED v2.8 (modified by xeudoxus)
    • Added link for more Wallpapers

January 24, 2010 (2.0)
    • Added themed version of 2.1 Launcher with usable buttons. (Left is Phone, Center is Apps, Right is Browser)
    • Modified camcorder to record at 9 mb/s bitrate and 26 fps. (Stock is 3 mb/s bitrate and 25 fps.)
    • Wi-Fi Tether version will be uploaded later this afternoon

I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your phone!

Here are some screenshots of the Blue Time and Notifications...​

[​IMG]~[​IMG]

Now... here are the main set of screenshots...​

[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]

ROM Installation Instructions...
    ALWAYS perform an Advanced Nandroid Backup BEFORE Installation of this or any other ROM. Backup ALL parts of your phone.

If you are careful and take your time, installation should be quick, easy, and painless. And remember, if you don't feel comfortable - do some research on the forums. Every question or query you have, I'm sure we've all had - so don't be afraid of reading and researching before you jump. Have Fun!

DISCLAIMER… I'm sure you've all heard it before... Download and install at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your phone.

--- SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b is required... ---

--- ROM will make backup for you... Name will be "preinstall". It can't hurt to make your own though! ---
    --- You DO have to Wipe Data & Cache if coming from Android 2.0.1 (ie. Smoked Glass v5.0.1) You will be prompted to do so during installation. ---

Version 6.0 - Either Uninstall your current Maps from /data BEFORE you Install the ROM... or Uninstall Maps from /system AFTER you Install the ROM and Install from Market
    1. Download Smoked Glass ROM - File should be named Smoked.Glass.v.X.X.rom.tgz Some browsers may try to change the file extension. It can be named anything as long as it has .rom.tgz at the end.
    2. Place the *.rom.tgz file in the root of your SD Card. It should not be inside of any folder.
    3. Reboot into SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b (Press and hold the "Power" and "X" buttons)
    4. The next few steps create a backup for yourself - just in case. The Installation of the ROM will do so as well - so this is optional.
    5. Select "Backup/Restore"
    6. Select "Advanced Nandroid Backup"
    7. Select ALL options for Backup (System, Data, Misc, Cache, Boot, Recovery)
    8. Name your backup whatever you want (This is a backup of your old OS, data, everything.)
    9. Select "Perform Backup"
    10. Return to the main SPRecovery Screen by pressing the "Power" button twice.
    11. Select "Install" from the menu in the main SPRecovery screen.
    12. Select "Choose ROM from SD card" from the menu.
    13. Choose the *.rom.tgz file you've just downloaded and placed in the root of your SD Card.
    14. Wait for SPRecovery to perform a backup and decompress the ROM...
    15. Follow the installation instructions and choose your preferred options.
    16. When it tells you that you are finished... you're done.
    17. Reboot and enjoy.
    (If you have issues downloading or you install and get no menus... download the ROM in *.zip format and UNZIP. Then proceed with the above instructions.)

The first time you reboot, it will take a minute or two to boot up. This is normal. The following reboots have actually been MUCH FASTER than normal...

Instructions to Enable Overclocking
    1. Go to the Market and purchase "SetCPU" (You HAVE to use the Market version for 800/900/1000 MHz Overclocking!)
    2. Open SetCPU
    3. DO NOT SELECT MOTOROLA DROID... Scroll to the bottom and select "Autodetect Frequencies"
    4. Set your processor speed to your liking.

Thank you for your support... If you have any problems, please search throughout this thread and other threads in the Forum as well as use Google Search. If you have new issues/bugs and need assistance, please post here or PM me if you really need help. I'm always willing to help when I can!

Smoked Glass v6.0.1
    There is only one download... Choose your Theme and Options during installation...

Do not download with Google Chrome. You have to save the file as Smoked.Glass.v.6.0.1.rom.tgz.
    Download Now (rom.tgz)
    Download Now (zip - unzip and install as rom.tgz)

To Monitor Processor Temperature Accurately
    Purchase "TempMonitor" in the Market for only $1.99 - by Dustinmj and tasmanian_droid (a.k.a. sgx)

Because of request, I have also added a link to[​IMG]. Your generosity is always very much appreciated. Thank you all so much for your support!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeessss u are awesome!!!!!

3. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Woohoo!!!!

4. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If i already have a bunch of those apps, does it overwrite or duplicate on my internal memory?

5. AdamZ

AdamZ Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This will wipe your system completely and re-install this one. This is a completely new version of Android and is updated a lot. Speed and Battery Life are greatly improved. It's not just a normal update to the Smoked Glass ROM.

(And also make sure to follow the instructions during installation... you will be prompted to wipe your data if you came from Android 2.0.1... there is an option in the install to wipe data and keep apps - to make things easier for you)

6. microsnook

microsnook Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude. The way you have your install set up, is ridiculous.
    Its so customizable and everything.
    I love how you do it.
    I might need to switch from BB!

Keep up the awesome work.

7. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The black and blue man is back. I have to give this a try.

8. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i try to choose the rom in sprecover it says no tar archive found. what do i do?

edit: Wait i got it

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  9. sportadic22

sportadic22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds great... ill prob switch to this soon.. i just installed SS V2.0.2 and im getting use to it.. ive added some metamorph stuff. but ive always loveeed SG... sooo this coming week ill probally do it :)

10. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like a great installation procedure Adam, very nice. What is the "Glass Only" theme?

11. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    for the uninstall maps, can i just delete the folder from /data?

12. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If people have issues with no tar found. I had this issue using Chrome and it was because the name of the file extension was rom.tgz and not .rom.tgz

13. ashkev843

ashkev843 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you get past this? I am stuck on the no tar archive foundation y

14. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i've been watching this build on the other forum and also been testing it... (i couldn't post because i never was sent an activation code) but it has come a very long was since 5.0.1... now to test the full version.what I love is that once you save the old 5.0.1 and the new 6 to your nandroid file, you can go back and forth between the two

15. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    make sure it is unziped and renamed properly