[ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0 **BIG Update 02/27*

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by AdamZ, Feb 27, 2010.

1. necr0

necr0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1.You do need a specific Root file
    2.Rooting is, in a nutshell, taking advantage of a fault in the OS so you can have complete control of everything. Install, uninstall, modify, delete, etc. Like being an Administrator on a Windows based computer. Adding a ROM is a modified version of the OS, with lots of goods =) Here's a good piece of information you SHOULD read to understand what root is and the dangers that come with it if used incorrectly.
    3.There are links in the guide to all the files you will need
    4.Heres the guide.
    5.It's all good bro

Remember the current version is 6.0. Have fun!:icon_ banana:

#925 necr0, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  2. jasonwuzthere

jasonwuzthere Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, but that guide still has the 2.1 rooted. I made the mistake of thinking that I could go 2.1 then 2.1 root, so I'm sitting on 2.1 with no backup of 2.0.1
    Every time I try to do that it says the signature failed.
    thanks again

3. MrsBizzle

MrsBizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wtf?

only force close i get is when i try to do anything with media, including set my ring tones. my whole phone is on silent now apparently regardless the volume and settings i change. when i try to select a ring tone it fc. AND! my phone isn't even working!!! i can MAKE calls but i can't receive them. what. the f.

suggestions??

i really love the way this rom looks and its so very smooth, EXCEPT FOR THE FUNCTIONALITY OF MY CELLULAR DEVICE.

4. sicilianbadguy

sicilianbadguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is this rom install not able to have the free yahoo email support cause its not allowing me to setup the free yahoo email account

5. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    rooted 2.1

I'm running a rooted version of android 2.1 OS but the smoked glass rom is still referring to 2.0.1 so my guess is I can't use this. I really just want iptables support on my Droid, I don't really need any of the other stuff not that some of it doesn't sound/look cool but right now I'm just looking for a fairly simple way to add the iptables module to the kernel and get iptables up and running.

Nice work on this Rom! :D

6. RichieD

RichieD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    whats up everyone? wondering if someone can help me out here. I am rooted with Droidmod and currently using this smoked glass rom. I was wondering if someone with most expertise then me would be able to make a new app drawer launcher image I guess you can say, for me. I have been looking everywhere but everytime i find one I like and try to install it doesnt work or I get boot loop. All I want is the little droid guy n when u go to open the app drawer the droid eyes light up blue. If nobody can do it or it has been done or someone can lead me in the right direction of doing it myself then please help. I will also like to add that I will donate if this can be done. Thanks again everyone

7. drwolcor

drwolcor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok... I have been rooted now for a while and have been running the newest version of this ROM without any hitches..... My phone just literally died on me. The phone won't turn on via battery pull or charger, etc. I have let it sit a while with no avail.

Since the phone won't turn on will Verizon be able to tell if my phone has been rooted? Is there anything I need to do before I take into the store cause it should be covered under the 1 year warranty. The water indicator is still good as well. Thanks

Search tags for this page
glassromv5
sirpsychos' sprecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b
smoked glass rom droid

smokedglass

tgz caming option glass codes