[ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0 **BIG Update 02/27*

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by AdamZ, Feb 27, 2010.

1. thumper300zx

thumper300zx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the non-blue with both launchers (choose later) and then another time with only 2.1 launcher. Full install from scratch wiping data and cache, etc. With both it was worse, but even with one it continually fc'd. Was runnin 2.0.1 build since that's what adamz's installed. Gonna miss that nice app tray, but I've run bugless .07 and ultimate both with the helix launcher and will have to stick with that until launcher 2.1 is working better for me. I did a full nandroid backup of the adam install with my apps all in order just in case we can figure out the issue.

For now with adams I was overheating (constantly high 50s even at lower cpu speeds and idle), force closing (mostly launcher) and running very slow - constant fc of laucher required continual tray reload and then I'd pull it up and it would crash again.

Still very appreciative of the effort; but I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones :(

2. rpandolfo

rpandolfo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had no force closes using the regular home and I am fine with not using the 2.1 launcher.. HOWEVER. I do have a question around the live wallpapers. They work great, but dont seem to be interactive. Is this just me?

Other than that this is the perfect ROM for me. I love the touch of blue vs the same green or orange in other ROMS.

3. eloist

eloist New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    live wallpaper is not interactive unless you use the 2.1 launcher.

4. thumper300zx

thumper300zx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't have a problem with the normal launcher either
    But then we're making a different comparison.

5. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry dont have the time to really see how to do this, so ill just ask and hope someone can answer.

how do i change the font back to factory setting?

6. ips

ips Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Turn your phone off...then back on and hold X to get to nandroid. Go to install and go to choose rom from SD card. Choose this rom and go back through the customizer choosing whatever options you want. When your done your icons and everything will be in the same place and everything will be like you left it...besides what you chanced (assuming you keep data and cache which you should). If you change the font youll probably have to re add your widgets but otherwise youll be fine.

7. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the account/sync issue, just go to the market and redownload facebook. Facebook isn't included in the ROM, and when you try to sync, it tries to sync with facebook, but without the app installed, it can't.

8. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, worked like a charm.

9. eloist

eloist New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does the 2.1 launcher option in this rom include 5 home screens or just 3?

I'm running the 2.0.1 right now with 5, but I'd like to re-install and try 2.1 if it was 5 screens...

?????

LOVING this rom by the way.

Thanks Adam.

EDIT: Re-installed the ROM using the 2.1 launcher and a few other differences in my install selections. Ran like complete poo.
    The phone re-booted itself automatically about 5 times, laggy as heck...

I'm doing a nandroid restore now.

#921 eloist, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  10. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Edit: Wrong thread

#922 qoncept, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  11. jekeyes

jekeyes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I rotate the screen, 50% of the time I get a FC on the Home App. I installed with all default settings on the ROM and tried a couple other setting but still unable to correct issue.

12. jasonwuzthere

jasonwuzthere Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to use this, but...
    1. I found a guide to rooting. Are all roots the same, or do I need a specific rooted file?
    2. I take it rooting is similar to changing bios settings, while adding a .rom is like changing the OS?
    3. If I'm getting this right, this requires sprecovery, which, in turn, requires nandroid, which I can't find moto droid instructions for. Are they the same as the g1.
    4. If anyone could point me to a guide that maybe details getting to this point, I'd much appreciate it.
    5. I hope lists don't annoy you guys, this is the only way I knew to make my points clear.
    I have quit a bit of experience with bios's and bios flashing, overclocking, etc. But I'm waaay over my head with this, and that frankly pisses me off. :)
    Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Search tags for this page
glassromv5
sirpsychos' sprecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b
smoked glass rom droid

smokedglass

tgz caming option glass codes