1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v5.0 **BIG Update 02/27*

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by AdamZ, Feb 27, 2010.

1. AdamZ

AdamZ Premium Member Premium Member

Smoked Glass ROM v5.0.1

As you can see, I've decided to create a new thread for this update. I feel that this update completely revamps the installation and format of the ROM, and therefore requires a new thread. So read the Instructions!

This is essentially all three ROM's in one... you decide during installation.

This ROM Installs COMPLETELY different than any previous versions. It is in the Rom.tgz format - which makes for a MUCH easier and customizable installation. You get to choose everything, from themes and fonts to installing and removing apps. Everything. :) I really hope you enjoy this update... I spent a lot of time and killed my SD Card getting this to where I wanted it... Have fun. :)
    And expect much more to come...

Your phone must be rooted and SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b is REQUIRED for Installation!

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.... THEY HAVE CHANGED!!!

Because of request, I have also added a link to[​IMG]. Your generosity is always very much appreciated. Thank you all so much for your support!

So this whole thing started off with what I wanted to have on my phone. It started slowly with getting rid of the stock yellow/orange that Android uses - I prefer blue. (I do have an option for download without blue. Then I started working on the Launcher and framework-res.apk and eventually came up with my Glass Theme after over 40 hours of work (and extreme lack of sleep!). Then I added every upgrade and hack possible and that I wanted in a ROM and we have this... I hope you all enjoy it as well. I haven't had any problems whatsoever so I hope you don't either... and so far it runs incredibly fast. Much thanks and appreciation is deserved to all of the devs out there that have worked so hard for us to enjoy so many of the advancements we now have on our Droids.

Thank You.

Now...

All images I have modified/created have been Stretched Correctly, Optimized/Compressed, Compiled, and all APKs have been Zipaligned to ensure the theme doesn't affect speed. It was a long process, but well worth it.

You MUST root your phone and have SirPsychoS' SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b to install Rom.tgz.

This is in Rom.tgz format... you will be prompted whether you want to wipe data and/or cache when installing...

Here is what it includes...

- Android 2.0.1
    - Overclocked (Choose your range during installation...) [Motorola UNDERclocked phone to 550MHz... 600MHz is the rated chip speed.]
    - Busybox installed and binary updated
    - 2.1 Launcher with usable buttons (thanks to xeudoxus and Greek35T)
    - 2.0.1 Launcher w/ 5 Screens (thanks to xeudoxus)
    - 2.1 Music Player (thanks to jinx10000)
    - 2.1 DeskClock (thanks to jinx10000)
    - 2.1 News/Weather Widget (thanks to jinx10000)
    - Milestone Multi-Touch Browser with Pinch/Zoom [RC4 with v8 Webcore.so] (thanks to t3hSteve)
    - 2.1 Multi-Touch Gallery with Pinch/Zoom (thanks to ReverendYo)
    - 2.1 Multi-Touch Maps with Pinch/Zoom (standard now)
    - IM App from G1 (thanks to Zappletoo)
    - 2.1 Keyboard with Voice Search (thanks to Berzerker)
    ** Option to copy HTC IME Keyboard to SD Card(thanks to jonasl at XDA)
    . -- Installation will COPY 3 files to your SD Card: HTC_IME.apk Clicker.apk .htcime
    . -- Install the two APKs normally from your SD Card (With "Root Launcher" or another File Explorer App)
    . -- Leave the file ".htcime" in the Root of your SD Card.
    ** Live Wallpapers (Interactive with Launcher2) (thanks to xeudoxus)
    ** 2.0 Lockscreen Vibrate Hack (Lockscreen will take you to vibrate... Long-press of power will silence)
    ** Two options for boot.img... 250-1100 MHz and 250-800 MHz.
    ** Option to choose which ROM from installation - Full Theme, Full with Blue Clock/Notifications, and Glass Only Theme
    ** Brought back the option to include Milestone MediaGallery and PhotoEditor
    ** Option to install Wifi Tether from the ROM Installation... no extra download necessary. (same version as before)
    ** Option to install the Low Brightness App
    ** Option to install the Audio Toggle App
    ** Option to install Droid Font
    ** Options to Wipe Data or Wipe Data & keep Apps.
    ** Options to Wipe Cache
    - Wifi Tether
    - All 2.1 Ringtones and Notifications have been added
    - Over 1000 Modified Images (ALL Images compressed and optimzed with PNGGauntlet and compiled with MotoDev Studio. All APKs 'zipaligned' to ensure speed.)
    - Custom Boot Animation (Updated - Droid Eye is now Blue color and file is MUCH smaller - runs smoother.)
    - Camcorder modified to record at 8 mb/s bitrate at High Quality record setting. Low Quality stays the same. (Stock HQ is 3 mb/s)
    - YouTube HQ Hack [High Quality videos by default] (thanks to xUltimate Script by xeudoxus)
    - Minimum Brightness Hack (thanks to xUltimate Script by xeudoxus)
    - Custom script to Mount System (Read/Write - "rwsys" ... Read-Only - "rosys")

Changelog:

February 27, 2010 (5.0 & 5.0.1)
    - Just a really quick update. I added the Beta 3 version of 2.1 Launcher (Greek35T). Even less issues!
    *** Largest update is the ROM format... you get complete customization. Make the ROM your own!
    - Options to Wipe Data and Wipe Data & keep Apps
    - Options to Wipe Cache
    - Option to copy HTC IME Keyboard to SD Card (thanks to jonasl at XDA)
    - New version of 2.1 Launcher - Fixes Landscape and less FCing (thanks to Greek35T)
    - Fixed issue of speed and FCing of 2.0.1 Launcher... sorry about that.
    - Live Wallpapers (Interactive with Launcher2) (thanks to xeudoxus)
    - 2.0 Lockscreen Vibrate Hack (Lockscreen will take you to vibrate... Long-press of power will silence)
    - Two options for boot.img... 250-1100 MHz and 250-800 MHz.
    - Option to choose which ROM from installation - Full Theme, Full with Blue Clock/Notifications, and Glass Only Theme
    - Brought back the option to include Milestone MediaGallery and PhotoEditor
    - Option to install Wifi Tether from the ROM Installation... no extra download necessary. (same version as before)
    - Option to install the Audio Toggle App
    - Option to install the Low Brightness App
    - Option to install Droid Font

February 19, 2010 (4.5)
    - Created custom kernel with 9 Processor Slots (More than enough to suit all needs)
    - - 250, 400, 550, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 MHz Processor Slots
    - - Processor Temperature Monitoring (Almost had it... but without sholes.info's repo I wouldn't have gotten what I was missing)
    - - DMA Race Conditioning (thanks to sholes.info's great repo!)
    - - Updates from 2.6.32 to fix Brightness and Touchscreen Issues (thanks to t3hSteve for posting the patch)
    - - Nand Prefetch
    - - Wi-Fi Tether

- Fixed Lockscreen Images in Landscape (I have NO idea how I did that...)
    - Added xeudoxus' Launcher2.apk with fixed homescreen position.
    - Removed Links for Extra Overclocking and Extra Overclocking Instructions

February 10, 2010 (4.1)
    - Added blue Volume/Progress Bars
    - Removed the Nexus version of MT Maps so you can use 3rd party programs with it
    - Overclocked to 1000 MHz (Options of 250, 550, 800, 950, and 1000 MHz) (thanks to tasmanian_droid)
    - Added new boot image that includes access to Processor Temperature (thanks to tasmanian_droid)
    - Themed Google Maps (Broken: Must be themed via Metamorph (to avoid wiping /data))
    - Themed Google Talk
    - Modified and cleaned up Lockscreen Tabs
    - Fixed FC issues with Clock and News and Weather Widget/App
    - Fixed Logcat error with Keymaps in qtouch-touchscreen.kcm.bin (thanks to dao777)
    - Updated Busybox binary
    - Added custom script to mount system (Type "rwsys" to mount read/write and "rosys" to mount read-only)
    - All Busybox commands are executable without using "busybox" first
    - Added extra available option for download with Blue Time/Date/Notifications
    - Removed excess files - increased system speed
    - And of course as always... I've themed and added a lot more images I can't think of :)

February 5, 2010 (4.0)
    - Installed 950 MHz Overclock Kernel as Standard (Options of 950 MHz, 800 MHz, 550 MHz, 250 MHz, and 125 MHz in SetCPU)
    - I completely revamped Notification Bar, Widgets, and many more of the current images... (not status bar)
    - I added over 400 more modified images (over 1000 total)
    - Themed Dialer with Glass Theme
    - Themed Genie Widget with HTC Weather Images (same as Beautiful Widgets)
    - Modified and Improved Launcher with slightly larger Arrows/TrashCan and improved Launcher in Landscape mode
    - Added 2.1 Multi-Touch Gallery
    - Added 2.1 Multi-Touch Maps with Night Mode
    - Added new version RC4 of the Milestone Multi-Touch Browser with v8 Webcore
    - Added the G1 IM.apk
    - Removed Milestone MediaGallery and PhotoEditer (they are redundant and waste space with 2.1 MT Gallery)
    - Added link to download Modified MixZing Music Player App with White Ongoing Notification Text
    - Added link to download Metamorph File with Original Smoked Glass Widget Images
    - Added link to download Espresso Wallpapers

January 28, 2010 (3.0 & 3.1)
    - Almost all bugs are fixed - Still working on Launcher2's home screen.
    - Added MORE Overclocking - 800 MHz, 900 MHz, and 1 GHz (all thanks to tasmanian_droid... way fast)
    - Added YouTube HQ Hack [High Quality by default, can switch to Low Quality] (thanks to xUltimate Script by xeudoxus)
    - Added Minimum Brightness Hack [Lowers minimum brightness to 2 instead of 20] (thanks to xeudoxus)
    - Added Download for Brightness App by jinx10000 for even more control.
    - Added Link for WiFi-Tethering app - Just install and Tether away - that's it.
    - Because Tethering Installation is so easy now, there is no need for a separate Wi-Fi Tether ROM...
    - Modified press of Launcher in Smoked Glass Only to be Orange instead of Blue.
    * Added Download for Modified Pandora Internet Radio... (thanks to xUltimate Script by xeudoxus)
    * Updated Multi-Touch browser version - fixes Auto-Rotate and much faster typing (thanks to t3hSteve)
    * Expect ROM.tgz format for next update... plus a few more things I've been losing sleep over...

January 25, 2010 (2.5)
    - Added version with Wi-Fi Tether for Download
    - Modified camcorder to record at 8 mb/s bitrate and went back to stock 25fps... this should fix F/C issues.
    - Added old 2.0.1 AlarmClock.apk back in..
    - Added 2 Wallpapers in Launcher.apk (Select them from the Wallpaper Gallery)
    - Added links for SetCPU (by coolhbo3k) and Moto-Torch LED v2.8 (modified by xeudoxus)
    - Added link for more Wallpapers

January 24, 2010 (2.0)
    - Added themed version of 2.1 Launcher with usable buttons. (Left is Phone, Center is Apps, Right is Browser)
    - Modified camcorder to record at 9 mb/s bitrate and 26 fps. (Stock is 3 mb/s bitrate and 25 fps.)
    - Wi-Fi Tether version will be uploaded later this afternoon

Here are some screenshots of the Blue Time and Notifications...

[​IMG]~[​IMG]

Now... here are the main set of screenshots...

[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]~[​IMG]

Installation Instructions...
    ALWAYS perform an Advanced Nandroid Backup BEFORE Installation of this or any other ROM. Backup ALL parts of your phone.

If you are careful and take your time, installation should be quick, easy, and painless. And remember, if you don't feel comfortable - do some research on the forums. Every question or query you have, I'm sure we've all had - so don't be afraid of reading and researching before you jump. Have Fun!

DISCLAIMER… I'm sure you've all heard it before... Download and install at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your phone.

--- SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b is required... ---

--- ROM will make backup for you... Name will be "preinstall". It can't hurt to make your own though! ---
    --- You do NOT have to Wipe Data or Cache... You will be prompted to do so during installation. ---

1.) Download Smoked Glass ROM - File should be named *.rom.tgz Some browsers may try to change the file name.
    2.) Place the *.rom.tgz file in the root of your SD Card. It should not be inside of any folder.
    3.) Reboot into SPRecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b (Press and hold the "Power" and "X" buttons)
    4.) The next few steps create a backup for yourself - just in case. The Installation of the ROM will do so as well - so this is optional.
    5.) Select "Backup/Restore"
    6.) Select "Advanced Nandroid Backup"
    7.) Select ALL options for Backup (System, Data, Misc, Cache, Boot, Recovery)
    8.) Name your backup whatever you want (This is a backup of your old OS, data, everything.)
    9.) Select "Perform Backup"...
    10.) Return to the main SPRecovery Screen by pressing the "Power" button twice.
    11.) Select "Install" from the menu in the main SPRecovery screen.
    12.) Select "Choose ROM from SD card" from the menu.
    13.) Choose the *.rom.tgz file you've just downloaded and placed in the root of your SD Card.
    14.) Wait for SPRecovery to perform a backup and decompress the ROM...
    15.) Follow the installation instructions and choose your preferred options.
    16.) When it tells you that you are finished... you're done.
    17.) Reboot and enjoy.

The first time you reboot, it will take a minute or two to boot up. This is normal. The following reboots have actually been MUCH FASTER than normal...

Instructions to Enable Overclocking

1.) Go to the Market and purchase "SetCPU" (You HAVE to use the Market version for 800/900/1000 MHz Overclocking!)
    2.) Open SetCPU
    3.) DO NOT SELECT MOTOROLA DROID... Scroll to the bottom and select "Autodetect Frequencies"
    4.) Set your processor speed to your liking.

Thank you for your support... If you have any problems, please post here or PM me if you really need help. I'm always willing to help when I can!

Smoked Glass v5.0.1 - Rom.tgz (800 or 1100 MHz - Tether Ready)... (Over 1000 modified images)
    There is only one download... Choose your Theme and Options during installation...

Do not download with Google Chrome. You have to save the file as *.rom.tgz.
    Download Now (MediaFire)
    Mirror Download (4shared)

If you would like to donate... I have provided a link. I appreciate and thank you all for your support... and happy modding!
    [​IMG]

To Monitor Processor Temperature Accurately
    Purchase "TempMonitor" in the Market for only $1.99 - by Dustinmj and tasmanian_droid (a.k.a. sgx)

Please see the previous Smoked Glass ROM thread for all downloads previously seen here...
    There will be an "Extra Downloads" topic soon that will hold everything...
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. laxman3722

laxman3722 New Member

Im going to install this now!
    Should I extract the file first before putting it on the SD card?

*NVM... answered my own question!
  3. Varking

Varking New Member

Going to try this out shortly. Downloading now. The main things I wanted in a ROM were the 1.1k speed, wifi tether, blue time, blue notifications like your blue 4.1 theme, and droid font. Seems this one has it all. I look forward to it.
  4. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Whoot Whoot! Great Update! :icon_ banana:
  5. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Crap. And to think I was "satisfied" with 4.1 Blue. Here we go again!!!
  6. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Can't wait till he gets farther with added custom color to the time and notifications. Downloading now. Haven't flashed a ROM in awhile, hope all goes well.
  7. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Thanks Adam. Incredible are the options you put into this version. It seems solid and snappy. Just one question. My wifi is no longer working. I chose to not include "wifi tether" during the installation. Could that possibly be causing my problem? Or, do I need to push twilan_drv.ko ? Thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  8. JTAC

JTAC New Member

Looks very promising. I just may have to give this a shot and set DroidMod 1.0 aside for now.
  9. arizcheeze

arizcheeze New Member

links are broken :frown:
  10. laxman3722

laxman3722 New Member

If I want to keep the 2.0.1 lock screen... what should I be checking/unchecking along with the blueness that 4.1 had... but not the total blue theme

SOoooo many options haha
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  11. christim

christim Super Moderator

confirmed...should have grabbed first and read 2nd.
    4.5 was my first rom...this looks good but now I just need some links.
  12. BLS

BLS New Member

apparently I'm stupid because both links to download say they are broken.

Am I missing the other link?
  13. christim

christim Super Moderator

**** Sorry... I made a mistake out of 1100 lines of code... The original Gallery.apk isn't removed when installing the new 2.1 Gallery... I'm re-uploading now! **

is the msg through the grapevine. stay tuned.
  14. RedBull

RedBull New Member

I'm getting errors for both download links saying the files are no longer available
  15. laxman3722

laxman3722 New Member

Noticed that... its fast fast fast though wow
  16. arizcheeze

arizcheeze New Member

can't wait - looks amazing, (of course) :)
  17. jaw4bama

jaw4bama New Member

I cannot not wait!
  18. Varking

Varking New Member

Yeah, I went to redo the ROM because I had two galleries and didn't want that but when I went to redownload to my PC I noticed the error with the link.
  19. schellbl

schellbl New Member

Wow, it works pretty slick and I'm using the 2.1 launcher. Very nice work!
  20. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Really nice work. With so many roms coming out I didn't know which one to stick with.. This might be my answer. I chose the option without blue because I don't like all my notifications in a blue text but I do like everything else blue. Do you have an option for this? Again, thanks! Keep up the good work.
Search tags for this page
sirpsychos' sprecovery v0.99.2b or v0.99.3b
smoked glass rom droid

smokedglass

tgz caming option glass codes