[ROM .tgz] Sholesmod 2.0.3 Released!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Berzerker, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a lil peeved, I'm stable at 800mhz, but going to 1ghz my phone goes into reboot cycling. Dang.... have to wait for the next ROM update to see if it improves for me

2. atcjeff

atcjeff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problems

I am experiencing more restarts now. I am running sholes 2.0.3. Widgets still randomly disappearing. I have also noticed the scaling of the wallpaper has changed. The crop box used to set the wallpaper has gotten smaller resulting in a more zoomed image of the wallpaper. This was not happening when I first installed the rom. It seams that with each restart the wallpaper would zoom in a little bit more. Even when wallpaper is set from a wallpaper app. Any ideas?

3. Arkaneevol

Arkaneevol New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    question. does anyone else have this problem with sholes?

I have sholes anf I love it but if I shut my phone down I can't start it back up and I have to do a namdroid restrore and then I have to reinstall sholes again for it to work. Why won't it just boot up right?

4. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured i would try this since there is a livewallpaper fix but no matter how many times i install this rom and select 2.1 it allways installs 2.0.1???

5. Jer

Jer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The app Toggle Settings is unable to enable Bluetooth since I did the Sholes Updater mod. Anyone have any ideas? I noticed first that the profiles weren't enabling it as they were set to do and as they were prior to rooting but I can't even manually enable it through the Toggle Settings menu. It just says 'Turning on Bluetooth' and nothing happens. I can still enable/disable BT vua the phones Settings menu but that's not helping me here. I have it set to enable bluetooth whenever it is in the car dock then disable whenever it's taken out but it's just not working. I enabled the notification bar so I can see that the dock is indeed working and causing Toggle Settings to activate the car profile as it's supposed to... it just can't enable Blutooth. I uninstalled Toggle Settings, rebooted and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Seems like it's something that should just work and it sounds like the new ROM isn't allowing apps to control some of the settings or something.

6. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Mine is doing this and I'm running 2.0.1.

7. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No issues with bluetooth here ... I use it every day.

8. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    install home switcher app and set the 2.1 launcher as the default home ... but be advised, it is buggy.

9. Jer

Jer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you use Toggle Settings or no? I have NO issues with Bluetooth... my issues are with Toggle Settings.

10. atcjeff

atcjeff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    figured it out

Figured out the problem. When going from landscape to portrait, the screen resolution does not change. It keeps the landscape resolution in portrait mode so the wallpaper has that zoomed in look. I can now reset it by exiting out of GDE and going back the the stock home screen. The resolution resets to normal and then I can launch GDE again. I have to make sure I go back to portrait mode before exiting the app that I am using then I can exit without the change to the wallpaper on the home screen. Is anybody else having this problem? I did not find anything on the bug tracker.
    Is live wallpaper available on the sholes rom?

11. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    live wallpaper is only for 2.1 ROMS, sholes is 2.0.1 based for the current releases. 2.1 has not been released by motorola yet for the droid, when it does, sholes will release it as well after tweaking it.

12. mt_droid

mt_droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted my droid - man am I happy that I listened to the posts here and it was very successful from the app store. Also updated to SetCpu and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all the post and learning material.