[ROM .tgz] Sholesmod 2.0.3 Released!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Berzerker, Feb 6, 2010.

1. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You HAVE TO wipe data if u come from 2.1 I've seen this, I don't know how many time. But try uninstalling it and install it again and wipe the data

2. atcjeff

atcjeff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Progress report

I have been rooted and running sholes 2.0.3 for a full day now, I know yippie! So far everthing works great. The only problems have been my widgets have spontaneously disappeared from my screens. I am running the GDE home replacement app. Was puzzled the first time and just manually reset the one page of missing widgets and apps but it happened again. A restart brought them back. Pretty minor but wanted to get this out there. My other problem is when I use dockrunner to display the clock, the weather city on the main screen is wrong and the temp always displays in celsius. Even when i manually set the weather city it takes the GPS fix and then does not change even when I refresh the weather. When I click on the weather for the detailed forcast, the weather city is correct to the location I set manually and the temp is in Fahrenheit. The check mark to use celsius is off in the settings menu. Not a big deal with me so far as I do not use dockrunner, but have been using it just to check things out.

3. TD7424

TD7424 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks...I went ahead and wiped when i reflashed, I have all my apps backed up on astro, can I reload from there or should i use the market? Just want it set as clean as possible.

4. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just FYI to all you guys that love the sholes team. Mike Purcell announced that the next version title will be "Curious Cannoli". No word on a release date yet.

5. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Moved to Sholes 2.0.3 earlier today. Love it. Grabbed SetCPU, have my Droid running at 800 and have all my profiles set up. Droid will run 1000 but no real reason to right now so 800 is where I'll be keeping it. :)

One question though: Sholes does disable the OTA by default correct?

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the OTA is disabled.

7. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have noticed one problem since installing Sholes 2.0.3. My phone has shut off randomly twice now. Once yesterday and that one required me to pull the battery. Then it just happened 5 minutes ago. I was installing something from the market and the phone just shutdown. It acted like Launcher was going to force close and then poof. I was able to turn it back on no problems though. Phone slept all night with no problems. Temps are good. SetCPU profiles appear to be working.

Any ideas? Could it just be a bug because of the new Launcher?

8. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @Dan

For me, it was that i was running a 2.1 ROM. I thought that it would still work b/c it's loading an entire new Nandroid backup, but it doesn't. It was written to access the 2.0.1 file structure.

Another reason is that the server is down again on their end.

Hope one of those is your answer.

9. TD7424

TD7424 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After I reflashed 2.0.3 and used the wipe option I went to install apps from market, it only shows paid for apps in the download section, is this normal. I did have them backed up on Astro but they were not all of the most current versions! Any thoughts?

10. G8orDroid

G8orDroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My guess is that you are using the 2.1 launcher. If that's the case then, yes, it's most likely at least one of the causes of your reboot/shutdown problem.

I wanted to give the 2.1 launcher a look myself, but quickly realized it was too buggy, so back to Home++ for me.

11. kmasum

kmasum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    after rooted SM 2.0.3 my browser acting little funny , i liked the pinch zoom but when i scroll up/down all the word gets lil blurry, i didnt happen b4 with stock ,whats the solution guys? thanks in advance

12. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I figured. Small price to pay until Sholes gets a true 2.1 ROM running once Motorola finally gets off their butt and releases it. At this point you couldn't pay me to run stock anymore.