[ROM .tgz] Sholesmod 2.0.3 Released!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Berzerker, Feb 6, 2010.

1. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once you upgrade the SM App from the market (which is version 7 I believe), open up the app. The app will ask if you want to go back to 2.0.1 (no root), 2.0.2 or 2.0.3. If you choose 2.0.3 and you dont have it already on your SM Card, then it will download that. After it's done downloading it, the program will ask you if you want to flash the rom or not. Flash it...the phone will reboot into the install screen and then I'm sure you know what to do from there.

Make sense?

2. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A couple issues I'm having with 2.0.3.

My alarm clock is not functioning correctly. It has not gone off the past two days, but is set to do so.

Timmerific doesn't appear to be functioning correctly.

Also, the sound profile doesn't stay the same after rebooting. I will mute it and every time it comes back up with it unmuted.

Home++ FC's all the time. i've never had this problem. We're talking almost every time i use the Droid.

Can someone shed some light on my issues?

Loving everything else though!

3. AnthonyZul

AnthonyZul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    guys I have a question.. after i installed the SMUpdater it says that my recovery needs updating and I'm really not sure what that means. I'm assuming maybe it means that SPRecovery needs to be updated? all it says is that my recovery image needs updating. now when i tell it to go ahead and do it I'm told it could break my recovery mode.. that's the part I'm confused about.

4. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed SMUpdater. Many thanks to the Sholes guys for making this such a piece of cake. I'm rooted now but unsure of one thing. Does the SMUpdater take a backup of the phone in its current state before applying 2.0.3 so that I could go back to the way it is right this second? Or do I need to take a separate backup before applying 2.0.3?

5. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It automatically updates the previous version before root....

6. DanCreed

DanCreed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem.. SMUPDATER doesn't work at all

SMUpdader gives me the same error... problem, the program doesn't work at all.....

Anyone find a fix for this yet..

THanks,
    Dan

7. evilsock

evilsock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its just giving you notice, its fine, you will not loose anything without doin a wipe. go ahead, it will tell u things that may seem iffy but if u are unsure about rooting you should probably read up on it and its terms before you go gung ho about hacking your phone. knowledge is power, and theres plenty here at DF

if u came from 2.0.1 alarm clock the settings may still be present, try going to settings/aplications/mamage apps/filter/all then try to clear defaults of alarm clock (2.0.1 alarm clock and 2.1 clock) if that doesnt work try renaming the old alarm clock from .apk to .bak then reboot
    timerific, try uninstalling and reinstalling it

home++, cant help u. if issues persist, backup all apps with astro,DRP,androzip. or whatever you use to backup apps, backup contacts and try a wipe, that fixed my bugs

u can make nandroid backups anytime u want or before you make changes
    reboot recovery/backup,restore/advanced nandroid backup/set backup name/perform backup/reboot. but smu does a simple backup before every install so if something failed in install you would go to "simple nandroid restore" in recovery and it would take u to backup smu made just before you flashed rom

#331 evilsock, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  8. Jer

Jer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, sure does. You need to go through the entire process again basically. Most apps once you click update from the market it downloads, installs and you're done w/o any other steps. Curious if you then had to launch the SM app as an extra step with this app which you explained so that answers my question. Unlike other market apps you aren't upgraded simply by clicking 'ok' to the update in the market. You have to manually update afterward.

9. DanSan

DanSan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i used smupdater a week ago to do 2.0.1 but i almost ****ed my phone so i went back to stock. so i decided since 2.1 is comign im gonna root. now running 2.0.3, overclocked to 1ghz and have no problems. maps work, sync works.. only time will tell.

also.. anyway to install MT browser after i flashed the rom? I didnt select it to be installed but now im thinking maybe i want to. i assume id have to reflash, correct?

#333 DanSan, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  10. AnthonyZul

AnthonyZul Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just making sure. I've learned quite a lot from these forums, but when i come to something for the first time i just need to double check first. thanks man!

11. TD7424

TD7424 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running 2.0.3 since it came out, i am getting about 3 to4 FC's on the home screen a day. I am using original home screen not the 2.1 launcher. Before I rooted i was using the 2.1 launcher.apk. Do anybody think this would have an effect on the 2.0.3 ROM? I did not wipe clean I saved data when running the Sholesmod app.

12. gnmitchell

gnmitchell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you would have to reflash