[ROM .tgz] SholesMod 2.0.1 *****in' Bægel (UPDATED: 2/4/10)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by hughesjr, Feb 4, 2010.

1. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The current app called SholesMod Updater costs $5.00 in the market, it is also available for free http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.apk.

This app can Install ROOT, Overclock, install Wireless Tether, openvpn, and the lastest sholes.info 2.0.2 ROM.

Here are the release notes for the 2.0.2 release:
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM .tgz] SholesMod 2.0.1 *****in' Bægel (UPDATED: 2/4/10)

Known Issues:
    -Landscape bug in app drawer still exists on Launcher2.
    -Weather does not display properly in clock. (It's in Celsius)
    -Picasa syncing only works after wipe/data.
    -Gmail syncing may break after installation. (WORKAROUND: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu button > Filter > All > Select the "Clear Data" option from BOTH "Gmail" and "Gmail Storage")
    -1 out of 1,000,000 times, the phone may crash on a phone call (it's happened to us once and we haven't been able to reproduce it, maybe just a fluke)
    -Power Control widget may take a while to be usable/update on first boot.

Here is the current changelog:
    AllDroid - View topic - Sholesmod Changelog (Current to 2.0.1)

And the current Source Code changes:
    mkrom_sholes_info: log

Bug Reports for this ROM:
    Bug Reports, and random discussion (NO SUPPORT QUESTIONS)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. jpolidore

jpolidore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been following the old thread for 3 days, waiting for this update to arrive for the overclock ability. I am about to donate and download and I see something in the realease notes I do not understand. It says NO SWYPE KEYBOARD, does that mean it was addressed and fixed or does that mean it does not work? I am curious because swype is my favorite app so far. Any help is appreciated.

3. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The company that developed swype asked them to take it out of their ROM ... you can install it manually (like any other APP). Make sure you have a copy of the .apk file for swype before you install the ROM and you can install it afterward, if necessary.

4. jpolidore

jpolidore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK so I can just back it up, and re-install after the flash. Thank you, I will be making the purchase today.

5. mossostdrauka

mossostdrauka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    updating now....

This has been so awesome! I love this community... so many helpful people.

Quick question: Not sure if I saw this right but when you ran the updater did it have the option right there to go back to 2.0.1 unbooted? if so thats pretty sweet!

6. poooookah78

poooookah78 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok,

Please help me. :p I bought the app from the market. Installed and followed directions like I should have. After I installed, I noticed that the PDA net app didn't work, I also noticed that google maps weren't working and navigation wasn't working. THEN I did the unroot found on page 50 something and I did it with method 4a. Now I'm back in regular mode (I hope). but now voice navigation doesn' work. In fact, there is no voice button to push anymore. HELP!!!! Yes, GPS is turned on. HELP!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! I want my old phone back, stock.

7. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AllDroid - View topic - How to *completely* get back to stock (no su, no busybox)

8. poooookah78

poooookah78 Member

Ratings:
    +2

I did that already. No little microphone icon on the main screen by the google search bar.

9. bmore

bmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was all set to buy this last night but it seems that many many issues have come up with alot of different people. Maybe this was released before it was ready to use.

If i was having the issues alot are reporting id be asking for my money back.

10. cfi on the fly

cfi on the fly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like lots of people after rooting with this are having navigation problems.

Navigation is something I use daily and cannot afford to have any bugs with. Is everyone having problems, or just limited to a few?

11. cisco0910

cisco0910 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my observation so far as I updated before I went to bed and now I I've been paying with it for an hour straight..good things are, super duper fast, new 3d gallery, pinch to zoom as smooth as iphones inthe 3d gallery, pinch to zoom in google maps, navigation seems to have automatic nite mode nite because I tested it out like 4am and the map was like in nite mode,...the bad, I have had like 8 crashes where the phone will just reboot by simply scrolling around testing how fast this sucker was which is crazy fast..and worse thing so far is when I select camera then switch to video mode it'll force close....side note, why don't I have the new app drawer some of you seem to have?

12. cisco0910

cisco0910 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    also, our has the original unlock swiping screen which I like better. the half circle looking one

13. Tatootie

Tatootie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People, for the love of God. This is very simple! Im new here, but have been reading up on this. I installed it last night - before the update. It really is a no brainer.
    You have to select what you want and what you do not want, while installing the rom!!

14. OBDroid

OBDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    QFT!!

It's not rocket surgery, people! :blink:

15. poooookah78

poooookah78 Member

Ratings:
    +2

Forgive me for not having a brain but I'm pretty sure I did just that. I actually went to the market and got the update and I'm NOW flashing the *****ing bagel. This time I will make SURE to select EVERYTHING as a keep. Is that what you're saying? In other words, do not have a check by anything when it's installing and choosing what to delete?

Search tags for this page
dropbear
ssh2.0 dropbear sgs3

via 8650 rom