[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 Build GPA15

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 13, 2011.

1. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've read about it but haven't tried it yet. I will eventually. I like to pace myself with learning about new ROM setting and performance tweaks so that I can stretch out the life of my D1. It's hard being patient for a new phone sometimes.

Brandon

2. Wilk

Wilk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone having problems with screen brightness? Sometimes I have to wake my phone, put it to sleep then re wake it just so I can see the screen without squinting. It seems to happen after the phone hasnt been restarted in a few days. Just wanted to bring it to the dev's attention.

3. bigsnow81

bigsnow81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to flash this rom. I'm a novice and would appreciate any help.

1) I rooted OG Droid and deleted system apps and can't update to FRG83G. I'm currently running FRG83D.
    2) Do I flash GPA 15, then flash the Kernal with the overclocked speed I wish to use?
    3) Next do i flash the AutoOverClock.zip file

I'm a little confused on the steps and to do this properly, thanks again.

#291 bigsnow81, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I recently got this droid because I accidentally washed my android device. My old device that I washed was a 1ghz beast (OC'able to 1.5) with a 4.3 inch screen. So it was of course quite a disappointment to downgrade to the droid but it was all I could afford without signing a new contract for a discount which I didn't want to do. After trying a number of roms, I finally found this one. Now that I have this rom, it's a great phone and I'm not so disappointed. All other roms, including liquid gb rom were eating the hell out of battery. I have already got 15 hours out of my phone today with wifi on almost the whole time (I use voip phone service with the app Bria for android, so it keeps wifi on) . Not only that, the phone runs flawlessly. To the developer, thanks, you are the best!! I'm sure I haven't tried near all the roms for the droid but I'm quite sure this is by far the best rom and kernel available for the droid. The only problem I ran into which I don't really consider a problem because it only happens once and so far never again after the first reboot is that on first boot, pressing the search button in the market does nothing so you can't search for anything. But after one reboot, it never happened again. Anyways, can't wait for a stable 2.3.4 release!

5. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1.) Flash the rom first.
    2.)If you want overclock more than 800mhz, flash the kernel you want. I believe the included kernel is the 800mhz one, someone correct me if I'm wrong. My device so far doesn't lag or have any problems at all with default kernel at 700mhz rather than 800mhz, so I personally see no reason to push the device farther than 800mhz.
    3.)AutoOverclock.zip I know nothing about, I use the app SetCPU from the market but I'm pretty sure you flash that last but how to use it to overclock or anything else about autooverclock,zip I don't know.

6. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make a backup first!

Brandon

7. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is apps2sd possible with this rom and kernel included? When I say apps2sd, I don't mean moving an app to androidsecure on sdcard, I mean having apps, cache, and other stuff on ext partition.....

8. jedidove

jedidove New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Idk I'm having all the same issues. GPA15 fixed the fact that my maps app used to crash in BB 0.6.2 whenever I searched from the keyboard, but other than that GPA15 has been unbearable. It's likely its constantly out of RAM, or at least that's how it feels, because even launching my home screen app freezes up often, things get unresponsive, can't even use my soft keys at some point. The worst thing of all though is the phone app. Locks up, continues to vibrate after answering, can't use the notification drawer, freezes when the call is ended forcing a battery pull.

It's possible that there are a lot more people having these issues that just switched back, or that they just haven't come on and complained because they were like me just trying to figure out how to deal with it and hoping it was something incidental at the time. But I can't take it any more, I'm done ignoring this. And I find it really hard to believe that issues this big are in the minority. I really doubt that a majority of Droid 1 users with GPA15 are not seeing any of this. The D1 just doesn't have the RAM to run this smoothly.

9. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same boat. Many problems with GPA 15 but I'm anxiously awaiting GPA 16 because I do have faith they will be fixed and I'm planning to do a complete wipe this time.

10. jedidove

jedidove New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And I DID do a complete wipe...so you can imagine the annoyance.

11. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't have the phone call issue, but I did have memory issues. Apps constantly being thrown out of memory while in use and some home screen redraws. I didn't complain too much because I went back to GPA14 before going another route. IMO GPA14 was the most stable GPA to date (haven't tried 16 beta at all).

Brandon

12. jedidove

jedidove New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I think its mostly a memory issue. I'm prepping my phone for stock rooted FRG83G now :(

Search tags for this page
android 2.3.3 rom
android 2.3.3 rom download
atrix gingerbread stock rom
download gpa15deodexed.zip

gpa15deodexed

gpa15deodexed.zip

gpa15deodexed.zip download

moto a855 stock rom
motorola droid a855 stock gingerbread roms
rom android 2.3 motorola a855