[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 Build GPA15

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 13, 2011.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Last update is May 13, not May 2. And he updates his page apparently every couple of weeks. :motdroidhoriz:

2. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he's alluding to the 5/13 stable release being identical to the 5/2 nightly beta release. I haven't been following close enough to know if that's accurate or not.

Brandon

3. rivera82falcon

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you may be right although if that is the case I personally don't see how it is a stable release when during the beta session people reported a good number of issues. I thought 4/23 had the best performance and least amount of complaints but I guess Pete sees something we don't.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I have to say that I haven't come across any issues with GPA15 that I didn't also have with CyanogenMod7.0.3. It's why I recommended to that other guy that if he's REALLY looking for the most stable ROM out there right now, he should stick with Froyo-based ones for the OG Droid because the Gingerbread ones are still a work in progress.

5. tensai

tensai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    since going from gpa14 to gpa15 ive lost several notification sounds like DRIP and PIPE.
    anyone know what happened, how to get them back.

thanks

-edit. i downloaded the deox gpa14 and unzipped it to find the missing sounds.

#197 tensai, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  6. shiznit7

shiznit7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is USB mode completely broken with this ROM? Everything seems to be working fine except for that. Thanks

7. TurkFebruary

TurkFebruary New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you referring to mounting USB storage on a computer? It works fine for me. I flashed to GPA15 over the weekend and have been extremely impressed and satisfied. I was extremely close to chucking my Droid out the window but I can't believe the difference now. It is like a whole new phone.

Someone else mentioned an issue with taking pictures and I've taken quite a few with no problems.

One question, I flashed autooverclock.zip after flashing gpa15. I then tried the low voltage 800mhz kernel, and had issues with widgets loading so I reverted. Did I do that in the wrong order? Cpuinfo shows that I'm running at 800mhz with the autooverlock kernel.

8. tensai

tensai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i noticed sometimes it hangs when trying to mount it.

9. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok so I tried Chevy's ss 2.3.4 rom out to see if the data issue occurred in 2.3.4 as well and I have to say it's not there. What I did notice is that the new beta music app acted up on me so I froze it and Installed the app from 2.3.3 and lost data. Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but could the music app be everyone's data issue? Is it possible that the cloud trying to sync to the music app in 2.3.3s later builds is what's blocking the data on the rom? After I reinstalled the beta music app it connected back to data every time. Now I'm back on GPA is anyone running the beta music app and not having data issues?

10. rivera82falcon

Ratings:
    +0
    I love speed and friendlyness of this rom, just urks me after EVERY call I lose data and have to do the airplane swap. I can deal with it for a bit til either a fix comes in or a new rom takes over.

11. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it much improved over GPA 14. Did you do a clean install of GPA 15 or put it on over GPA 14 without wiping data/cache?

12. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This. There is a separate thread started on this as well. It get's REALLY annoying and there is nothing that I have tried that fixes it. v0.1 kernels and v0.2 kernels all speeds and voltages and NOTHING changed. Each time would be a FULL wipe of the device, re-install of GPA15 and then the kernel and then the autooverclock.zip file provided by Pete. Even the stock GPA15 kernel does it. Someone suggested hitting the volume down prior to answering the phone when on vibrate to see if that helps issues.

Search tags for this page
android 2.3.3 rom
android 2.3.3 rom download
atrix gingerbread stock rom
download gpa15deodexed.zip

gpa15deodexed

gpa15deodexed.zip

gpa15deodexed.zip download

moto a855 stock rom
motorola droid a855 stock gingerbread roms
rom android 2.3 motorola a855