[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 Build GPA14

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Mar 21, 2011.

1. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Means your 3G is working (ie. there's some signal) but no successful internet connection (specifically, the phone lost contact with Google servers).

2. motcher41

motcher41 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never had the internet not work where I live. If internet didnt work MMS didnt either. Ill try pinging google servers next time. Ill just have see how the new GPA15 goes with it. Thanks.

3. dtm644

dtm644 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ?Will this work on droid 2 that is right out of box? i really want gingerbread

i have droid 2
    build vzw
    kernel 2.6.32.9
    android verison-- 2.2

#303 dtm644, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  4. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, it will not work on a Droid 2. You'll have to check the Droid 2 forums to see if they have anything for it. Check out this forum: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/

It's a Droid 2 and not a Droid 2 Global, right?

Brandon

5. lrttn

lrttn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem with search button long press

I've installed GPA14 and the 1.00GHz_LV_V0.2.zip kernel. Previously, a long press on the search key would launch "Voice Search". A long press now launches Quick Settings. If I uninstall Quick Settings, a long press does nothing. A short press continues to launch the Google Search app.

As instructed, I did not download Google Search from the market after flashing GPA14 and installed all apps from scratch rather than from a backup. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Great ROM! Many thanks.

6. amgala

amgala New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this problem ever since installing GPA14. It seems to take forever to save the picture onto the card (and for the small thumbnail of your previous picture to change to the one you just took) and if you try to take another picture too quickly, the app freezes. Sometimes it FCs, sometimes it makes my :motdroidvert: reboot completely.

I tried to clear my Camera app data/cache but no luck.

7. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before your last paragraph, I was going to say that it sounds like you don't have Voice Search installed. But it's clear that you don't. I'm not sure where you got the impression that you shouldn't download it from the market, but you probably should.

I didn't have to download it because I didn't wipe coming from GPA13. But I checked the market and the version of search available is 2.1.1, and that's the same version on my phone. Go ahead and download it: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch&feature=search_result

Brandon

#307 bplewis24, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  8. lrttn

lrttn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bplewis24 -

You were correct that I had not installed Voice Search.

The GPA download page states "... When you download all of the Google apps from the Market, be sure to not download Street View and Google Search because you will overwrite the new version with the "old" Market version."

So, I didn't download Google Search or Street View, but missed that I should have (and now have) installed Voice Search.

Many Thanks for the prompt reply.

lrttn

9. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, there can sometimes be confusion between Google Search and Voice Search apps. Heck, even in my reply to you I accidentally wrote "Google Search" instead of Voice Search (I just now edited it for accuracy).

Brandon

10. Felix 222

Felix 222 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    anyone else having problems with the music player? its not very stable + "shuffle all" doesn't work. the same happened with froyo bb.

11. djembeman

djembeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Initial google setup problems/ continous boot loop

So, I've tried this several times over the past month and a half and can't get it to work at all. I eventually tried bypassing the initial google login prompt (touch the droid) and called *228 to activate there first and then it would let me connect to Google for the setup of the phone. I went about 3 hours after this and then wanted to do a reboot and now I'm stuck in a continuous boot loop. I tried a kernel that worked for me in the past but still no love.

I wiped cache and did the factory restore 3 times each time I've tried to flash this!

My phone seems to just hate GPA14!!

12. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You said you wiped cache, but did you wipe data each time as well?

If you're stuck in a bootloop, boot into recovery and restore your most recent backup or flash back to a stock rooted build. Once you get stable again, weigh your options for trying another ROM. Maybe try and see if GPA12 or 13 works better, and then upgrade to 14.

Brandon

Search tags for this page
[rom stable] stock gingerbread android 2.3.3 build gpa14
//bit.ly/dqtuus
android stock rom 2.3.3
gingerbread android wallpaper
gpa14 gingerbread

reloc library cannot locate android reboot

tab-723 kernel
wallpaper android gingerbread
what is minimoto 2.3.2

www.http://bit.ly/ dqtuus