[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.3 Build GPA13

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Mar 7, 2011.

1. grim_reaper

grim_reaper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just some info hopefully someone will benefit from my experiences. I have been running GPA13 since it came out with no problems and fast using Pete's 1.1 LV kernel. Of course being the guy who cant leave well enough alone, I decided I needed to see if I can get more performance out of it. I decided I needed to run repair permissions in ROM manager and do the local.prop hack. For some reason or another my phone did not like that, but only after about a day of using it. it started randomly rebooting and even get into a boot loop. I had a backup in ROM manager that I could have used, but instead I went into recovery, formatted (wiped) cache, then reflashed GPA13 and the kernel and now all is well.

2. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Using the local.prop file wasn't your problem. It's likely changing permissions wasn't either, the only problem I had was a widget losing it's skin setting. Just reloaded the skin and all is well.

Just my observations.

Sent from my Droid

3. grim_reaper

grim_reaper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Understood. I was following others recommendations from another post on this forum where users were seeing the launcher close less frequently. So I am unsure what went wrong. Out of curiosity do you know if any of the permissions get changed during boot up?

Thanks!

4. juhde

juhde Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3
    As far as I know changing permission script only touches installed apks and their data. I am reasonably sure it doesn't affect booting in any way.

Sent from my Droid

5. grim_reaper

grim_reaper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. Thanks.

6. petjakob

petjakob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love the GPA series this is incredible work and the only thing saving my enthusiasm in android and motivating me to getting the next great rommable device. on gpa13 i couldnt sign in to trillian though. i tried reflashing it with a full wipe, still couldn't. i don't backup apps ever, always cleanly install just the ones i want after getting a new rom.. so i ended up having to roll back to gpa12, and its incredible on the 1.0 ghz low voltage. it feels like my phone is a new upgrade, it has never run so fast and long battery standby. gingerbread is really a massive improvement in area that android still behind against alternatives (the keyboard and text selection). cm7 rc2 ran absolutely unusably, compared to gpa12. just thought i'd let you know

7. perret318

perret318 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed GPA13. Loving it so far. Only problem I had was the "no incoming phone audio" issue, but a reboot cured that. Other than that, it's snappy and slick. :)

Still on the stock kernel, but thinking about flashing the low-voltage kernel. Do I need to wipe data/cache before that? I would assume not since it's just the kernel image...

8. tensai

tensai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am not able to sign in to my google account during the initial setup phase. i get a data connection with server is experiencing problems. ive tried it over wifi and same result....

9. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't need to wipe to flash a new kernel.

So, you get the GMail log-in prompt, but when you enter your credentials it won't connect?

Can you make calls with the dialer or browse the web with the browser (3G and wifi)?

Brandon

10. tensai

tensai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i can make calls and use the browser. 3g&wifi. its working fine but i cant sign into a account or create a new one!

this is the msg. Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. 3g and wifi.
    it seems to be a problem communicating with google servers to get my account.
    ive enabled/disabled data connection setting. update roaming/re did activation.
    -ive decided to go back to complete stock with the sbf stock file, and reattempt from there. will update here if it syncs with google servers.
    -went back to stock sbf. syncd with google servers. going to try gpa13 now.
    -works now. and it works with 0.6LV. i feel relieved.

#298 tensai, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  11. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Happy ending :)

12. zenak

zenak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed this today, the no facebook contact sync seems to be my only issue so far... :(

-EDIT-
    Spoke too soon, it took a few hours, but my contacts did sync finally. Everything else is nice and smooth!

#300 zenak, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
Search tags for this page
android 2.3.3 custom rom

android 2.3.3 rom

android 2.3.3 rom download
android pete's 2.3.3 rom (gpa13)
android stock rom 2.3.3
custom rom android 2.3.3
downloading: p1000xxjq
gpa13 droid 1
stock gingerbread 2.3.3 rom