[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.2 Build GPA11

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jdm627

jdm627 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    Finally got this ROM fully working and had it fully working for the better part of the day. Now something weird is going on. I can access my networked computers over WiFi but I can no longer browse or use internet dependent apps over WiFi. It seems to have something to do with the DNS. I dialed *#*#4363#*#* in and went under the WiFi Status. The stats show fine but the ping shows, "Ping IpAddr: Pass" "Ping Hostname(www.google.com): Fail: Host unreachable. "HTTP Client test: Fail IOException. I tried rebooting the phone and clearing the WiFI settings. I even tried using different DNS but still a no go.

Another weird issue the default Google page keeps defaulting to Spanish... WHY?!

UPDATE: After messing with the WiFi it seems that setting a static IP is causing problems.

UPDATE: Alarm clock doesn't work right either. (IMO this ROM needs to cook in the oven a bit longer.)

3. nothing0

nothing0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. I'm using the 1Ghz ULV slayher kernel. Do you have a link to the different slayher kernels that work with this rom?

4. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    From what I am understanding from what I have been told because I have been getting this on another GB ROM is that the system is killing the messenger service and it isn't keeping it in memory. I was told if it were kept in memory then the problem would go away. Now whether or not it will work I do not know I couldn't get a single text so I just unrooted and am waiting until this issue is definitely solved.

If anyone knows of another issue and fix for this please let me know because this is the only issue holding me back from gingerbread!

5. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    You could always flash GPA12 and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

6. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    eh there is nothing in the OP about the messaging app. So I think Id rather wait for a confirmed fix then root and try it then have to revert back.

7. knowrisk

knowrisk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything works excellent, except for my wifi. It says I'm connected but the wifi symbol is WHITE and not GREEN. And I can't connect to the internet. Any help is appreciated. thanks

8. shawner47

shawner47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. I tried everything to fix it and never could (full wipes multiple times, about 6 different kernels, etc.). I finally gave up and tried out CM7 and everything has been smooth as silk.

I loved this ROM though and will probably revisit it soon. Hopefully I can get it to work when I do. I will say that I think it may be due to TiBu restoring some system settings from Froyo that Gingerbread just didn't like. I had a couple of issues with CM7 right off the bat too, but tried just installing everything fresh from the market and haven't had a problem since. May be worth trying.

HTH,
    Shawn

9. DannySkates

DannySkates New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me a link on a video, or a page that gives me step by step instructions to install this rom, :/ im kinda a noob at that, i installed another gingerbread mod, by doing the whole, make a backup and replace the files, but since its a boot img, system folder and another folder, its different, and i havent found any good ways of doing it thusfar, it'd really be highly appreciated, and Pete, thank you, seems as though everyones very happy with your work so far, so im thrilled to be a part of it :D Keep up the good work and ill try my best to give you feedback and stuff, :) dancedroid

NVM i figured it out, and at first i had no market, freakingout i shut off the phone and did everything again.... :) it works now PETER! I LESS THAN 3 YOU <3

Search tags for this page

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.1.1

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3 download
android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3 download#gs

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2 download

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2 download#gs
android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2#gsc.tab
build number v1.5.2
kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3