[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.2 Build GPA11

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jdm627

jdm627 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This Avatar it will be nice for Peter Alfonso jejeje thank you for amazing rom. I am boring and waiting for 2.3.3

Attached Files:

2. Vandy343

Vandy343 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey pete just wanted to say how much I love gingerbread even more that its fully functional now. I ditched regular radio for pandora due to the "listen to (insert artist name here)" I use it all the time now. Keep up the great work. I've always loved AOSP roms and glad that there is now a GB one the works great!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks pete,rom is great

4. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wifi is broken for me. Also running into other small strange errors. Calls not being received, and LED notifications do not display at all. USB storage needs to be unplugged, then replugged, in order for it to display the toggle menu. 3g also ran VERY slow, deactivating every now and then.

Perks are it runs super smooth, and I'd definitely keep it if it wasn't so buggy. Maybe next version.

5. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Definately good work Pete, and you are spot on, seems we need to adjust slightly upwards on top kernal speeds on the droid with GB to get it running smoothly.

6. Bobbar

Bobbar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had my second random reboot. Not a big deal, I'm just curious if there is some known issues / conflicts with GB.

7. bullhonkie

bullhonkie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just some updates on this. RZ's kernel resulted in relatively poor battery life. I switched back to Chevy's kernels that he just updated as his have tended to give me the best battery life. I also haven't had any random reboots since my last post either (knock on wood).

I think my brightness issue isn't that it won't ramp down, but that the brightness scale seems rather skewed versus how it was pre-GPAxx. Before, the brightness scale seemed to ramp up linearly and smoothly from 0-100%. Since switching to GPAxx builds, it seems that brightness ramps up very quickly and what feels like more discrete steps from 0 to roughly 40%-50%. It's fairly bright there and only becomes marginally brighter from 50-100%.

If auto-brightness is choosing the same values as before, that seems to give the feeling that the phone isn't scaling down in brightness enough because it feels like the brightness ramps up faster and is higher at every level than it was before.

Can anyone else corroborate this behavior coming from one of Pete's stock Froyo ROMs? Unfortunately I don't know anyone else with an OG Droid to compare brightness values with.

8. wierdo124

wierdo124 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wrong, apps were already on SD. Had upwards of 100 megs free.
    Yeah, definitely needs to be solved in the next release.

9. treefrog20012003

Ratings:
    +0
    So I did a complete wipe and reinstall and everything works. Amazing how a complete wipe does not always work. Lol.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"

10. tvBilly

tvBilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I started out with GPA10 and the stock kernel, and had lots of sluggish behavior and other problems, but I think it was due to more than just what kernel I was running. When I installed GPA11 I also installed slayher's 1000LV_v1.6_GB, but I also installed SetCPU and throttled the max CPU back down to 800MHz. 800MHz was always fine for me with Pete's stock Froyo ROM, and it's been fine so far for me with GPA11. My battery life has been fine for 24 hours or so, but I think I may be seeing a much faster battery drain when my Droid is busy, like in maps tracking with GPS. It's too early for me to tell yet. I wish setCPU would show me times in each slot for this kernel, but it doesn't. I may try one of ChevyNo1's new kernels to see if setCPU shows the slot times with that. But so far I'm pretty happy with the slayher kernel.

My brightness seems to ramp up and down pretty linearly. I see a steady increase from 50% to 100%. My auto brightness is different from what it was with Pete's stock Froyo, but (if I understand you) the opposite of what you are experiencing. On auto brightness now, my screen is dimmer than what it was.

Billy

11. stastnysnipes26

Ratings:
    +0
    I just have to say, this is easily the best ROM I have ever run on my phone. I appreciate your hard work Pete!

LONG LIVE OG DROID (until an unlocked bootloader dual-core phone) dancedroid

12. izzyfanto

izzyfanto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant really figure out how to use ADB or Terminal Emulator. why can't i just put the APK on my SDcard and then install?? it says "Installation not completed"...why is that?:icon_evil:

Search tags for this page

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.1.1

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3 download
android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3 download#gs

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2 download

android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2 download#gs
android os 2.2 kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.5.2#gsc.tab
build number v1.5.2
kernel 2.6.32 build number v1.2.3