[ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.2 Build GPA10

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Nukewire

Nukewire Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the ROM Pete!! dancedroid

2. npike

npike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After trying this for 48 hours I am going back to PE.

My outstanding list of "oddities":
    - Frequent launcher redraws. Does not matter if I use stock launcher, launcherpro, or ADW
    - Frequently lose 3G connection, even though it shows full bars and the 3G symbol. The color is gray instead of green, requires toggling airplane mode off/on
    - App Crashes (not the roms fault! Developers will need to test their stuff on GB)
    - New: If I leave Winamp playing music, and go to the Navigation application, winamp seems to FC silently after about 30 seconds. If i leave winamp open, or sleep the phone, it continues to play as desired.

Thanks again Pete! Looking forward to trying this again after a few more revisions.

3. Potty Time

Potty Time Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i did reflash
    when i check the apps they say "free"
    i don't know what you mean by "change anything"

i just want my apps :(

4. HunterKiller

HunterKiller New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ever since flashing to this ROM, I get force closes when trying to use the USB tether. Has anyone else experienced this ?

5. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    -There is a fix in this thread for launcher redraws - it's a single line command in terminal/terminal emulator, and I've had AMAZING luck with it.
    -I've only lost 3G connection with the white bars as you described when I was running RaidZero's kernel after using my wall charger. Rather than toggling airline mode, I toggled Wifi on, let it connect, and then shut it back off. 3G turned white for a moment, then back to green and all was well.
    -This is not something that a later revision is going to fix, at least not for a "stock" ROM. It's because of how GB handles memory usage - when Winamp is the only thing playing, there's not a huge draw on memory; however, navigation is BRUTAL for memory usage, so GB kills background apps to keep it running. Winamp is a casualty of that. I'm optimistic Pete will figure out a fix for BBGB; however, I'd say there's a good chance the stock ROM will retain this "problem".

ALSO, as an update for those curious, I installed ChevyNo1's new 1.0 ghz kernel yesterday afternoon and got 19 hours out of it (15 with regular use and 4 while I was sleeping). That's tremendous for me for a first day - for whatever reason, my phone tends to "settle in" after I've had a kernel loaded for 24+ hours and/or the first charge cycle. With RaidZero's kernel, I was looking at probably 14 hours, tops, I only had the stock kernel for a few hours because of ridiculous lag, and Slayher's, as is common with my phone, ran too hot for my liking.

6. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, other people have experienced it - the recommended solution is to install Wired Tether for Root Users (which I believe is available from the Market).

7. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have the same problem , did all the usual wiping , fiddling , and still no apps in list (had them on first install , but was buggy and did a reinstall). What is really weird is that on the second install the ROM had the turning off TV effect from CM 7 , I have not had any CM 7 on for a week or so (and flashed other ROMs in between) , it lasted until I rebooted then it was gone , seems we need a more efficient way of wiping the ROMs stuff is still hanging around in the ROM .
    Though maybe I would try out MIUI 1.2.11 and the same thing , no apps in Market , went back to BB 6.2.1 backup .

#415 1linuxfreak, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  8. RedRumy3

RedRumy3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just redid it but downloaded from main pc and rootexplorer is fine, u need to edit build.prop and add in 2 lines to get old paid apps that you dont see on market.

I added this to build.prop with root explorer

9. HunterKiller

HunterKiller New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "turning off TV effect" is from AOSP source and is not exclusive to CM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. jdm627

jdm627 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A fresh installation it´s the best! wipe all you can, and reinstall your app with TiBu but, not restore with all system after that your ggogle account and your market it will work perfect.

12. Potty Time

Potty Time Member

Ratings:
    +0
    like i said i did a fresh install and it still does not show my apps as being installed in the market. as for the rest of your post, i don't understand what the heck you said bro

Search tags for this page
2.3 droid 2 stock rom

android 2.3 rom for droid

android 2.3.2 rom
droid razr gingerbread rom
rom android 2.3 droid 3

rom android 2.3.2

rom do android 2.3.2
room do discado 2.3.2
samsung fascinate gingerbread rom
stock rom for moto droid 2.3.7