[ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Build GPA17

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 30, 2011.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The Google music player will continue to play if it is the foreground app, and the navigator will interrupt with voice prompts BUT it is helpful to be able to SEE what it's talking about, especially at some of the complex interchanges around here. Wish there were some way to keep the music player at a higher priority than the navigator, even if it is in the background. That's what the zeppelinrox script did under FroYo, but it doesn't seem to work with GingerBread. Not sure why.

2. Stachre

Stachre New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bluetooth voice prompts were present in GPA12 (2.3.2) for me, but not in GPA16 (2.3.4) or GPA17 (2.3.5). When I noted it was missing in GPA16, some searches indicated that the issue appeared in Android 2.3.3 and was in other ROM's, too.

Today, I briefly compared the contents of the VoiceDialer.apk's between GPA12 and GPA17 (GPA12's is bigger), but the only obvious difference was that GPA12's had more internationalization (string values). I haven't done any smali diffs, however.

I also tried running GPA12's VoiceDialer.apk under GPA17, and the voice prompt was still missing.

Upon initiating a BT voice dial, logcat reflects that the TextToSpeech.java intent is being sent and TtsService reports receiving and processing "Speak now" and "Call <contact name> on <contact phone number type>" prompts, with no errors reported. I haven't yet compared with a logcat from GPA12, however, to see if anything's different.

It almost seems like TTS's output isn't being routed to the BT headset, or its volume is set to zero, or some other similarly unobvious issue.

I'll search around and see if anyone else has resolved this in the interim or at least has more info.

3. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Further testing this morning on the way to work indicates if BOTH the music player and navigator are background apps, then both will continue to work. Problem only occurs if the navigator is the foreground app. I'm thinking the new music player uses a different name for the player process, which is why zeppelinrox's script isn't working. How can I find out the process name for the player?

4. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have not used a BB rom since Dark Edge. I originally rooted my phone to remove unwanted system apps, for theming and finally to overclock. 20 months into my Droid and it is upgrade time so now i have developed a preference for stock roms because more than likely my future dual or quad core will run themeless and won't need to overclock but will root to remove unwanted apps. This rom is the smoothest and most efficient rom that I have ever had on my phone. My battery life is ridiculous. At least twice what I have been getting for the last 12 months. I miss the transparent notification and the pulldown features in the notification bar, but having a phone that works like it should, is a small tradeoff. You truly are proficient and your Jedi skills are masterful. I will ride your roms out until I get my Bionic or my Vigor or my Nexus Prime. Thanx:motdroidhoriz:

5. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I really appreciate it!

6. BeyondReality

BeyondReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Marty,

Unfortunately this is a problem that a lot of people have been having. See Post #64 in this thread.

Pete replied to me saying that it must be a Droid specific problem. I have been trying non stop to get it to stop doing this and short of leaving Gingerbread I have been unable. So I am dealing with it until I get the Bionic. The only known solution for it is to hit your volume button on the side to stop it from vibrating before answering or dont use vibrate.

I know very annoying... I pull my battery twice a day now. Im just waiting for the price of the Bionic to drop.

7. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, sadly I threw in the towel last night too. I had it in the car dock, navigating to a restaurant when my mother tried to call me. I could see the "Slide to Answer" thingy, but it wasn't responding at all. By the time it did, she hung up. It took FOREVER to get the phone in a state that I could dial out when my girlfriend tried to call me. Again, I was trying to answer, but it just wouldn't pick up. She left a voice message. Eventually I was able to play it back, but then the phone just froze... no navigation, no phone, nothing. Had to pull the battery to get it to reboot.

I put it back into the dock, and it locked up going into navigation mode. That was it. I had enough. Back to Froyo. Why do I keep trying Gingerbread?? Pete's getting closer, but by the time he gets one out that I find usable, I'll have a Bionic (or other newer, more capable phone).

8. motodroid118

motodroid118 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to new york over the weekend. Everytime i take the subway, i lose signal. But when i exit the subway and hit street level. My 3g does not snap back on to green. It stays in the grey color 3g sign. I would then put into airplane mode off & on but it sometimes still would not turn back on. If i make a call and then hang up. My 3g sign goes from grey and quickly turns back to green. So i'm not experiencing constant 3g lose. Only during the subway.

9. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    3G is a bit snappier with 8.30 but the launcher is more laggy and sometimes has an unbearable redraw time. I installed one of Pete's other OC kernels on one of my test-units and while the over performance of the UI is better the 3G sometimes doesn't want to turn on. So there's definitely something different with the kernels. I think the real issue is that the Droid 1's single-core 600MHz cpu just can't handle multitasking. Also, with 8.30 I used the video camera and it would hesitate during a recording; I'd watch the seconds on the time and they'd stall and then jump. Like it stalled at 17 seconds into recording and then suddenly was at 22 seconds. It did that several times. Also, when I clicked stop to end the recording it took several seconds to register that. I almost think it's time to retire the Droid 1 and get a Droid 3 or Bionic.

10. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Even though it wasn't perfect, I never experienced any issues with GPA that's had me go back to Froyo. Actually, I take that back, I did go back go Froyo, but only because my issurance replacement had it on :). And honestly, this new replacement is a breath of fresh air over the phone I've had for a year. I'm in love all over again. And go be honest, I hadn't did a wipe on my data pa rtition since first installing GPA eons ago lol. But, every issue has been solved by just getting a new Droid. My keyboard lights up brighter than I ever remembered, the camera button no longer also turns the volume down (lol, don't ask, as I. Have no clue...even after a total wipe). And coming from a stock FRG83G straight over to Pete's "stock" gingerbread, ... sorry, I am just amazed at how well. GPA is now.

Ah, and thanks for easy access to all the sbf files Pete on your site.

11. pdigital

pdigital New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i rooted my og droid and got gingerbread 2.3.5 everything works except when i make phone calls. When i call somebody their phone rings I hear nothing I my end and when they pick up the phone they cant here me and i cannot here them, any ideas?

12. lanza_david

lanza_david Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you try rebooting your phone? This seems to be a known issue that is resolved with a reboot.

I would try a battery pull. Turn the phone off, remove the battery, press the power button for 10 sec, then replace the battery and turn back on.

Search tags for this page

android gingerbread rom

custom rom gingerbread 2.3.5
custom roms for android gingerbread
gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom download
gingerbread 2.3.5 download
gingerbread 2.3.5 rom download
gingerbread build gpa17
gingerbread rom

gingerbread rom download

gpa17