[ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Build GPA17

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 30, 2011.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, sadly I threw in the towel last night too. I had it in the car dock, navigating to a restaurant when my mother tried to call me. I could see the "Slide to Answer" thingy, but it wasn't responding at all. By the time it did, she hung up. It took FOREVER to get the phone in a state that I could dial out when my girlfriend tried to call me. Again, I was trying to answer, but it just wouldn't pick up. She left a voice message. Eventually I was able to play it back, but then the phone just froze... no navigation, no phone, nothing. Had to pull the battery to get it to reboot.

I put it back into the dock, and it locked up going into navigation mode. That was it. I had enough. Back to Froyo. Why do I keep trying Gingerbread?? Pete's getting closer, but by the time he gets one out that I find usable, I'll have a Bionic (or other newer, more capable phone).

2. motodroid118

motodroid118 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to new york over the weekend. Everytime i take the subway, i lose signal. But when i exit the subway and hit street level. My 3g does not snap back on to green. It stays in the grey color 3g sign. I would then put into airplane mode off & on but it sometimes still would not turn back on. If i make a call and then hang up. My 3g sign goes from grey and quickly turns back to green. So i'm not experiencing constant 3g lose. Only during the subway.

3. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    3G is a bit snappier with 8.30 but the launcher is more laggy and sometimes has an unbearable redraw time. I installed one of Pete's other OC kernels on one of my test-units and while the over performance of the UI is better the 3G sometimes doesn't want to turn on. So there's definitely something different with the kernels. I think the real issue is that the Droid 1's single-core 600MHz cpu just can't handle multitasking. Also, with 8.30 I used the video camera and it would hesitate during a recording; I'd watch the seconds on the time and they'd stall and then jump. Like it stalled at 17 seconds into recording and then suddenly was at 22 seconds. It did that several times. Also, when I clicked stop to end the recording it took several seconds to register that. I almost think it's time to retire the Droid 1 and get a Droid 3 or Bionic.

4. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Even though it wasn't perfect, I never experienced any issues with GPA that's had me go back to Froyo. Actually, I take that back, I did go back go Froyo, but only because my issurance replacement had it on :). And honestly, this new replacement is a breath of fresh air over the phone I've had for a year. I'm in love all over again. And go be honest, I hadn't did a wipe on my data pa rtition since first installing GPA eons ago lol. But, every issue has been solved by just getting a new Droid. My keyboard lights up brighter than I ever remembered, the camera button no longer also turns the volume down (lol, don't ask, as I. Have no clue...even after a total wipe). And coming from a stock FRG83G straight over to Pete's "stock" gingerbread, ... sorry, I am just amazed at how well. GPA is now.

Ah, and thanks for easy access to all the sbf files Pete on your site.

5. pdigital

pdigital New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i rooted my og droid and got gingerbread 2.3.5 everything works except when i make phone calls. When i call somebody their phone rings I hear nothing I my end and when they pick up the phone they cant here me and i cannot here them, any ideas?

6. lanza_david

lanza_david Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you try rebooting your phone? This seems to be a known issue that is resolved with a reboot.

I would try a battery pull. Turn the phone off, remove the battery, press the power button for 10 sec, then replace the battery and turn back on.

7. Felix 222

Felix 222 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Smoothest GB yet! Thanks, Pete

8. pdigital

pdigital New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That worked, thanks a million!!!

9. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Does anyone else's sync icon stay on constantly? Even if you turn off the sync opinion?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. Lien007

Lien007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it's not the best solution, but with GPA16, I flashed back to Pete's v1 LV kernel, and I never had the vibrate problem. v2 and v3 gave me the vibrate problems, but somehow v1 seems to work for me. I haven't flashed the v1 kernel yet on GPA17, I just stopped using vibrate for now.

11. jroxx

jroxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted my Droid and installed GPA17, all seems well so far.
    There's just one tweak I would like to make and I'm not sure how to do it.
    How can you change the color of the status bar icons?
    Do I need to install a new theme or is there something already there that will allow me to modify
    colors and icons?
    I'm a newbie so, any help will be appreciated.

12. steveil

steveil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone having problems with ESPN Sports Center? It opens and then after a few secs I can only Force Close or Report.
    Thanks

13. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody having WiFi issues? Since installing GPA17, the WiFi drops out every few minutes. The WiFi icon disappears from the status bar, apps complain about no Internet connection, and a few seconds later it comes back.

14. DroidJT

DroidJT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It might be your wi-fi sleep policy. Try going to: settings>wireless &networks>Wi-Fi Settings>options key>advanced>wi-fi sleep policy. Worth a shot before trying a wipe / re-install. :wink:

15. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was my first thought, but I have since set it to "Never turn off" and still have the same issue. System logs don't seem to show much useful, but I did notice some messages about the DHCP lease expiring, so I have set the phone up with static IP to see if that makes any difference.

Search tags for this page

android gingerbread rom

custom rom for gingerbread 2.3.5
custom rom gingerbread 2.3.5
gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom
gingerbread 2.3.5 download
gingerbread 2.3.5 rom
gingerbread 2.3.5 rom download
gingerbread rom

gingerbread rom download

gpa17