[ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Build GPA17

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 30, 2011.

1. bjy20716

bjy20716 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In GPA16 alot of my apps could not be moved to the SD Card. Has this been fixed in GPA17? For example in GPA16 I cannot move the facebook app to the SD card.

2. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    The only apps that are permitted to be moved to an SDCard are those that actually support this feature. I did not add the option to allow "ALL" apps to move to the sdcard because that causes bugs.

3. DocWalt

DocWalt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Anyone having issues with alarms? Seems like my alarms just don't alarm sometimes.

4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I had the reverse problem this morning. The alarm went off, but I couldn't shut the @@@@ thing off. Had to yank out the battery. :icon_eek:

5. SlammedDime

SlammedDime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to note that I decided to install the 1.0 LV v.3 Kernel in place of what came with this build and So far I've run 22hrs on battery and still have 50% battery left, and this is with my normal use of checking emails (corporate and personal) and texting throughout the day, as well as having Friendcaster running in the background. Not sure if it's something in this build helping out or not, but I've seeing great battery life.

6. eddieruko

eddieruko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i've bounced between several roms, and after being fed up with all the bugs finally made the switch to peter's builds. i enjoy the customizations in other ROMs, and i've had no problems in the past with GPA builds.

Until today. Has anyone experienced loss of phone call sound? System sounds work fine, ringtones, notifications, you name it. Once i'm in a phone call, I hear no ring, no answer, no voice on the other end. Call comes back, I hear ringtone, answer... nothin but silence. I tried speakerphone, bluetooth (paired successfully) and headphones with no success.

What gives?

7. SlammedDime

SlammedDime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried rebooting the phone?

8. eddieruko

eddieruko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reboot - Yep

Rebooted twice. Battery Pull. No dice.

I flashed GPA17 this morning. Wiped data twice before. Its been real smooth all day, but tried making a few calls after leaving work and noticed the problems.

I just restored back to Sourcery Froyo and I'm using bluetooth as I type. GB ROMs have been great in the past, but they google app bugs and 3g disconnects forced me back to froyo. Not sure what's goin on

9. martytoo

martytoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a different phone problem. When I answered the phone kept vibrating.

What gives is Froyo. It's the ROM that keeps on giving ( and working).
    (Droid Concepts)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  10. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The Google music player will continue to play if it is the foreground app, and the navigator will interrupt with voice prompts BUT it is helpful to be able to SEE what it's talking about, especially at some of the complex interchanges around here. Wish there were some way to keep the music player at a higher priority than the navigator, even if it is in the background. That's what the zeppelinrox script did under FroYo, but it doesn't seem to work with GingerBread. Not sure why.

11. Stachre

Stachre New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bluetooth voice prompts were present in GPA12 (2.3.2) for me, but not in GPA16 (2.3.4) or GPA17 (2.3.5). When I noted it was missing in GPA16, some searches indicated that the issue appeared in Android 2.3.3 and was in other ROM's, too.

Today, I briefly compared the contents of the VoiceDialer.apk's between GPA12 and GPA17 (GPA12's is bigger), but the only obvious difference was that GPA12's had more internationalization (string values). I haven't done any smali diffs, however.

I also tried running GPA12's VoiceDialer.apk under GPA17, and the voice prompt was still missing.

Upon initiating a BT voice dial, logcat reflects that the TextToSpeech.java intent is being sent and TtsService reports receiving and processing "Speak now" and "Call <contact name> on <contact phone number type>" prompts, with no errors reported. I haven't yet compared with a logcat from GPA12, however, to see if anything's different.

It almost seems like TTS's output isn't being routed to the BT headset, or its volume is set to zero, or some other similarly unobvious issue.

I'll search around and see if anyone else has resolved this in the interim or at least has more info.

12. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Further testing this morning on the way to work indicates if BOTH the music player and navigator are background apps, then both will continue to work. Problem only occurs if the navigator is the foreground app. I'm thinking the new music player uses a different name for the player process, which is why zeppelinrox's script isn't working. How can I find out the process name for the player?

13. tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have not used a BB rom since Dark Edge. I originally rooted my phone to remove unwanted system apps, for theming and finally to overclock. 20 months into my Droid and it is upgrade time so now i have developed a preference for stock roms because more than likely my future dual or quad core will run themeless and won't need to overclock but will root to remove unwanted apps. This rom is the smoothest and most efficient rom that I have ever had on my phone. My battery life is ridiculous. At least twice what I have been getting for the last 12 months. I miss the transparent notification and the pulldown features in the notification bar, but having a phone that works like it should, is a small tradeoff. You truly are proficient and your Jedi skills are masterful. I will ride your roms out until I get my Bionic or my Vigor or my Nexus Prime. Thanx:motdroidhoriz:

14. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I really appreciate it!

15. BeyondReality

BeyondReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Marty,

Unfortunately this is a problem that a lot of people have been having. See Post #64 in this thread.

Pete replied to me saying that it must be a Droid specific problem. I have been trying non stop to get it to stop doing this and short of leaving Gingerbread I have been unable. So I am dealing with it until I get the Bionic. The only known solution for it is to hit your volume button on the side to stop it from vibrating before answering or dont use vibrate.

I know very annoying... I pull my battery twice a day now. Im just waiting for the price of the Bionic to drop.

Search tags for this page

android gingerbread rom

custom rom gingerbread 2.3.5
custom roms for android gingerbread
gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom download
gingerbread 2.3.5 download
gingerbread 2.3.5 rom download
gingerbread rom

gingerbread rom download

gpa17

rom gingerbread