[ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Build GPA17

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 30, 2011.

1. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, tried again, still boot-loops on my Droid... Great concept, I wish it would work.

Also tried nightlies and CM nightlies and 7.1 Stable. Same problems.

The latest GB version I've been able to run stably is 2.3.3 (CM 7.0.3). Everything else either crashes regularly or has hardware features (ie, camera, wireless, tethering, bluetooth, GPS) that don't work properly. I've got my two Droid1s pretty heavily loaded and customed out; it could be that a more vanilla droid would work properly with some of the newer versions of GB. I have scaled down a little, but I'm not willing to give up apps and features that I've paid for. GB 2.3.3 is pretty good, and with only a few minor exceptions, it's better for me than Froyo was.

Still love my Droid1s, they still do some amazing things... But 2.3.3 is probably as far as they'll be going into future Android versions.

2. Lenster

Lenster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try a different kernel

3. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, did. Tried Pete's stock kernel, a variety of Chevy kernels, Prime, the CM stock kernels... Same problems.

I run my two Droids heavily loaded. I suspect it severely tests the timings and processes of the newer GB builds. As mentioned, 2.3.3 does pretty well, but when moving further in builds, without changing anything else, these Droids hit the wall.

4. DocWalt

DocWalt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Ugh. I'm getting tired of switching kernels. Pete's kernel lags terrible on my phone in everything, but the camera is stable. Chevy's kernels are super quick but lag in the camera. Haven't tried the Prime kernel yet.

5. cb2000a

cb2000a Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running gpa 17 and my Droid1 has started acting really weird. It just starts opening random screens and doing random stuff. Ran anti virus, reloaded gpa 17 still doing it. Might be that the cpu is going bad and I will get the Galaxy Nexus anyway.

Search tags for this page

android gingerbread rom

custom rom gingerbread 2.3.5
custom roms for android gingerbread
gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom download
gingerbread 2.3.5 download
gingerbread 2.3.5 rom download
gingerbread build gpa17
gingerbread rom

gingerbread rom download

gpa17