[ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Build GPA17

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 30, 2011.

1. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So now that GPA17 has been out for some time. How would you guys rate it against GPA16? For what it's worth I'm still on GPA16 running it with Supercharger.

2. slaz

slaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else having an issue with music playback and incoming voice call? For me, everything works fine until the voice call ends and the music auto-resumes. At that point, there is bursty static noise mixed in with the music (or even after I stop the music). Eventually, the phone will freeze and auto-reboot.

I think I've seen this when running GPA16 too (not certain).

Thanks!

3. Bizarrox

Bizarrox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Camera problem in 10/02/11 build

Pete, Haven't seen you post here in a while so I don't know if you're even still watching this thread, but you should know that there's a problem with the camera in your OG Droid build from 10/02/11. I saw that someone mentioned on your Google+ page that photos taken with the phone's camera show up black in the galley, but it's not the gallery - it's the camera. I saw the same behavior so I checked the properties of the photo I had just taken, and it turned out to be zero bytes! Kinda hard to build a thumbnail image of an empty file, eh? Older pictures I'd taken before the upgrade show up just fine. I ran "fix permissions" in Rom Manager and rebooted, but it didn't help. I did the upgrade to 10/2/11 from 8/30 the version after wiping the cache and Dalvik cache, but did not do a full reset. Thanks for keeping my OG Droid relevant until I can get a Vigor/HD/Nexus/whatever!

4. steveliv

steveliv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed GPA17 on my OG Droid. Completely wiped phone before installing. My phone dialer program randomly crashes while making and receiving calls. The call doesn't end, however the wait/close popup appears. Due to the crash, i am unable to use the dialpad or anything else until the call ends. Anyone else having this issue? My cpu toolkit is now set to interactive min:550 max:600 and still exhibits this error. Any ideas?

5. turpindm

turpindm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    10-2-2011 Nightly Phone App problems

I've been using 2.3.5 on my OG Droid for several weeks. I started with the 8-30-2011 version. Last week I updated to the 9-30-2011 version. Both worked very well for everything that I tried to do. There were no bad interactions with any apps. Next, I installed the 10-2-2011 nightly. I immediately noticed that it was identified as 2.3.7. I also saw that it didn't play nice with an app that I have that replaces the "answer" button on incoming calls. Basically, I couldn't receive any calls. So, I uninstalled the app, deleted the dalvik cache and tried accepting a test call with generic 2.3.7. I could receive the call, but i could not get back to the dialpad to end a call.

I fussed with it for a few test calls and several minutes and finally decided to go back to 9-30-2011 (v2.3.5). That fixed my calling problems. I'm only mentioning this problem now b/c someone else had a similar experience.

FWIW.

6. gotwillk

gotwillk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is anyone with the 3G issue previously still having it now with this rom? the one where the 3G signal drops and never comes back unless you reboot or switch airplane mode on and off.

7. IIIT3III

IIIT3III New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New build 10-5 fixes the black picture bug, I had the same issue. Thanks Peter!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. turpindm

turpindm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Replying to my own post, I just noticed that I'm not getting audio/vib test message alerts on the 9-30 version. I rolled back to 8-30, and that didn't help. I use Handcent SMS as my messaging app, but just for fun I changed my default to stock messaging (with notifications enabled). Still no joy :-(

BTW, I have seen the "no 3G" problem. Toggling airplane mode fixed it, but I had that problem on FR83G.

9. gotwillk

gotwillk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i seem to only have the 3G problem on GB roms. i tried CM and had the same issue. 3G doesn't come back after a period of being in an area with no signal. i never had it on froyo roms though. looks like my phone doesn't play nice with gingerbread :(

10. Felix 222

Felix 222 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    after a month of use, i'm thinking of reverting back to bb. i'm having too many issues with gb. if 4gLTE wasn't such a rip off, i'd buy the bionic

11. orihc

orihc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno if this is the right section, Ive been using the new build and everything runs perfectly from speed to battery life... as compared to the ancient bugless beast. My question is, i was able to tether before but i cant tether with client enabled in Open Garden Wifi Tether. If i turn off client enabled i can go online on my laptop but i want the security, Ive tried playing with the settings and Im sure my WEP password is correct, am i missing something? Is there a special tether program for this build? thanks

12. Felix 222

Felix 222 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    calls have always been buggy with gb but its gotten to a significant point. i can no longer place or receive calls without some sort of error. this is too annoying. i'm going to flash back to bb when i get the chance.

Search tags for this page

android gingerbread rom

custom rom gingerbread 2.3.5
custom roms for android gingerbread
gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom download
gingerbread 2.3.5 download
gingerbread 2.3.5 rom download
gingerbread build gpa17
gingerbread rom

gingerbread rom download

gpa17