[ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.4 Build GPA16

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jul 13, 2011.

1. smoke1991

smoke1991 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not my first round at doing this, tried different sd cards, different install methods...etc i got another month on this device b4 my upgrade kicks in. I can go another month running another rom.

2. beaton3344

beaton3344 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just trying to help. This was my experience. Wiped SD and the below steps. 1. Used Petes froyo frg83g install and setup. 2. Then wiped data cache 3 times+.. 3. Wiped cache 3 times 4. Wiped partition SD ext, data, cache, boot, system.. 5. Reboot recovery repeat 3 times. All using rom manager. Then install the new GPA 16. If you have problems after all that post I dare ya. You won't I promise.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. speed_phreak

speed_phreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Call me silly, but where the hell are /etc/init.d and /system/etc/init.d?

I do appreciate the simplicity of this ROM, but I still need to manage it.

4. sanjonny

sanjonny New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I so agree, I have no problems except if I do something stupid like restore in Titanium backup settings that might cause a kerplunk and then, I realize it and wipe and don't restore those settings and whoa, no problems.

It can't be that if I wipe my phone and several others completely wipe their phones and don't have any problems that it is a big rom issue, it has to be no cleaning the heck out of your phone and restoring too many tweaks. So agree. If you take it to stock with the new rom and then ad in the problem app and it works fine (the troubleshooting that anyone who complains about any issue should try) and it doesn't work, then you can complain about the rom or kernel. If you restore everything and one thing doesn't work, gee, I bet you kerplunked something which in the old industry I was in was called user error, not Rom error.

I see the same thing with computer troubleshooting (this app and that app suck and screw things up) and 90% of the time duh, they forgot that their terrible firewall product or virus product is causing the problem cause they didn't turn it off. Not the program or software, but user error.

If you truly have a valid complaint and have troubleshot it and post your steps, then as we all know, Pete will fix it quick.

Now, how the hell do I turn off the ADS and the other Bugless Beast tweaks.

5. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, awesome, I'm not the only one needing init.d .... lol ..... I've been wondering the exact same thing for days now.... I need working modprobe, ext 2/3 modules and init.d folder or to know where it's at so I can get links2sd fully working with gpa15 or gpa16...... If you figure this out speed_phreak, please message me or email me.....

6. diesburg

diesburg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well said..... I haven't had problems that others posted about in gpa15 or 16 but I ALWAYS start from scratch and restore nothing from /data partition, I totally reinstall all apps from their apk file and I go and change all my settings how I want them manually, not by restoring settings.... in fact, I have NEVER even used titanium backup....lol.... all I use is clockworkmod and I never reuse the data partition when going from one build to a new/different one......

7. motodroid118

motodroid118 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    missed call led notification does not work. Also, if i am using the browser or playing a game and i get a text. My droid does not vibrate or ring. It is until i go back to my home screen that i see a text message icon on my notification tab. This problem has occurred during the gba 16 beta builds. I didnt experience any of the text message problems in gpa 15.

8. RedRumy3

RedRumy3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything is running great, no problems installing, wipe everything a few times before installing, running 1.1ghz v3 kernel. Really like the new market too.

If I have any problems I will let you know, contract is up in august so I will be moving to a new device :( will miss my droid.

Thanks Pete for best gingerbread rom :)

9. bonfilio

bonfilio New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "4. Wiped partition SD ext, data, cache, boot, system.. "

Was really all you needed there.. :icon_ banana:

10. Bobbar

Bobbar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My games were unplayable when I first installed.

The droids RAM is stretched pretty thin on Gingerbread. I had been using Touchdown Exchange for corporate email and I noticed that it was pretty RAM heavy, and was constantly trying to launch its background process while in a game, causing slow-downs. I uninstalled it and switched to the Androids native exchange (which is much better in GB BTW), and it seems to be a lot more cooperative. Angry Birds was playable, but no where near ideal. But last night I tried the V6 Supercharger, which I've always been kinda skeptical of, and it made a huge difference in gaming performance.

Try to eliminate frivolous background apps, back-up and give the V6 Supercharger a try. I used the gaming preset.

11. FastKatt

FastKatt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've rebooted multi times, hadn't helped as of yet...

Swyped on my Droid, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!

12. kdub5985

kdub5985 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had no troubles with this ROM until this morning. I had tried numerous GB ROMs and have always had problems so I went back to FroYo. I was excited to finally find one that cause my phone no issues. Today my text messages are not being delivered. I have tried doing battery pulls to fix it but have not helped. When I installed the ROM I wiped 3 times. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Search tags for this page
3. rom android ( gingerbread 2.3.4 )

android 2.3.4 custom rom

android 2.3.4 download

contact perfectummobile.com loc:us

custom rom android 2.3.4
custom rom for android gingerbread
custom rom gingerbread 2.3.4
droid 2.3.4 roms
gingerbread 2.3.4 rom download