[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V1.1 Android 2.1 ESE81

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 27, 2010.

1. jakechance

jakechance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last question, to flash these things I just rename them to update.zip and boot into recovery right? I have clockwork installed through ROM Manager.

2. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Since you're using clockworkmod, you don't need to rename the file. Boot into recovery and first do a backup under the nandroid menu just in case you wanna go back. Then go to install zip from sdcard - choose zip from sdcard, and select the *.zip file. Once it's done, you can do the same to flash an oc kernel (I recommend one from the op of this thread since they seem to scale the speed automatically without setcpu). You can also install one of the themes if you like. Once you reboot, it will allow you to install the froyo update, it will reboot into recovery, clockworkmod will block it, reboot and you will be good to go.

3. kerbero9

kerbero9 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What was happening with my BB V1.1 install was the update was constantly downloading. I could never get to the final step of rebooting the phone and having clockwork block it. From what I understand this is beacuse otacert.zip is stripped from BB V1.1 and the phone can't validate the update.

What I ended up doing is downloading the deodexed ESE81 from Petes site and installing that. The deodexed version is able to be OC and themed. It just does not have any of the extras from BB (like scripts, etc.). So if you want to OC you need to get SetCPU from Market.

Right after install I got pushed the froyo update, downloaded the update and was prompted to reboot. After reboot clockwork blocked the install and I've been good to go.

I also updated ro.build.fingerprint in the build.prop file to 'verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys’. I guess this tricks the Verizon servers into thinking your running FRG22D.

I've been really happy with the performance. The increased audio fidelity on 2.1 was worth the effort of rebuilding my phone from scratch.

4. jakechance

jakechance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    fixed sorta

I installed ESE81 from Pete's site and the update installed and was blocked. I miss the BB extras though. Can I flash BBv1.1 again or will I run into the update problem?

Should I move to BBv0.4 or wait for v0.5?

5. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1

I am running the clean ese81 deodexed with nex theme and the 800mhz lv bekit kernel from the op, and the speed is scaled just like with bb without using setcpu. You can get an app called "systempanel lite" to view the cpu speed and make sure for yourself.

The main scripts I used from bb were the ones to remove system apps. You can still do that if you have root explorer. Just go to the apps folder under system and any apps you don't want, just add a .bak on the end of the filename, that way you can reenable it later if you want to.

6. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you flash back to BBv1.1, you will still get the ota notification. If you do want to go to froyo, I would wait til v0.5 since it will be based on the official droid froyo ota (FRG22D). I will try it when it comes out but unless Pete has miraculously fixed the audio problem, I will be back to ese81.

7. shaiknbaik

shaiknbaik Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    all the links are broken i cant download any thoughts?

8. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
  9. shaiknbaik

shaiknbaik Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    worked awesome thank you!!!

10. abwatson

abwatson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PLEASE, i need someone to post a downloadable nandroid backup because my rooted moto droid crashed and i did not back it up… very not smart of me… just a warning, cyananogen is very UNSTABLE! Thanks! seriously if you have rom manager could you please flash your droid with clockworkmod restore and preform a nandroid backup and post it here or somewhere i can get to it?? ive been without a phone for a month now cause i know i can fix it, just not by myself, PLEASE HELP!!

sorry to post here, i dont know how to make a new thread and i figured you guys might could help...

11. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What ROM or build do you want?

12. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is a clean nandroid of rooted, untouched FRG22D froyo. Its in a zip file so you will need to unzip it and put the folder in the backup folder of the clockworkmod folder on your sd card. Hope this works for you. Anything else you need let me know.

FRG22D.zip

Search tags for this page
android 2.1 ese81 download
beast andrioid task switcher

bugless beast droid 1

bugless beast v1.0 download
download tweaked s5 base n4 style rom by goon
droid 1 bugless beast download
pete's bugless beast ese81v1 rom
what is the use of bugless beast in android
wipe emms apk