[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V1.1 Android 2.1 ESE81

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 27, 2010.

1. TheDJ

TheDJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone still running on 2.1 with this ROM? I was thinking of going back because of the audio issues, but wanted to know if it was worth going back or sticking it out on BB 0.4 until there is a fix?

If I decide to go back to this ROM can I run it through ROM manager do a backup and wipe and be all set?

Thanks

2. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am still running 2.1 (bbv1.1) because of the audio issue. I have played around with 2.2 and like what I see but I just listen to Pandora to much to switch for good. You should be able to use ROM Manager to get 1.1 just like you said with a backup and a wipe.

3. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The OTA notification is driving me nuts! It just keeps downloading and never gives me a chance to install and have clockworkmod block it etc.. I have tried copying the otacerts.zip file from a clean version of ese81 and frg01b and nothing has worked. Any ideas on how to get this thing to install and shut up already?

Thanks

4. TheDJ

TheDJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went back to 2.1, however all my data that was backed up was 2.2 data and crashed the phone. I don't want to lost the data, so I will stick to 2.2 for now until they come out with a fix.

Thanks

5. r314bd

r314bd Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I don't know if Pete reads these posts or not but if you're reading this Pete, I was wondering if its possible to create an option for BB v0.5 during the ROM installation for having the 2.1 Car Home app instead of the 2.2 Car Home app?

The 2.2 app is so much worse IMHO...

6. Captain Ned

Captain Ned New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Car Home app is what's keeping me on V1.1.

7. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Really? The car home app is the deal breaker? Lol ok. *scratches head* Can't you just copy the 2.1 car home apk and replace the 2.2 with the 2.1 one?

8. Captain Ned

Captain Ned New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly, but I'm not that much of a detail-level guy. I'll freely admit that I'm all about SPRecovery and update.zip. Many fewer ways for me to screw up. That said, losing the moving map from the Car Home app was the deal-killer for me.

There were other things that bugged me about Verizon Froyo as well, mainly the fact that in the Multimedia or Car docks it would go to dim at the end of the screen timeout period rather than stay fully illuminated as in 2.1/BB1.1, even when plugged into power, no matter how I jiggered the settings in the Development menu. If someone's found a way to make Froyo keep the screen on full brightness whenever plugged in, I might reevaluate.

Oh, and the camera app on Froyo was a disaster for me as it applied a super blur filter to everything I shot.

#1280 Captain Ned, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  9. jakechance

jakechance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid finally got the 2.2 OTA update. I go to the system update page in the settings menu. It says there's an update, provides some details about flash, and has a download button at the bottom. I've downloaded it a couple of times and it just goes back to this same screen with Android Update at the top and under that "Requires a restart" and 77.0 MB. I've restarted the phone but nothing happens, it just boots up like normal.

Any ideas what I should do?

10. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I kept getting this too. I finally downloaded the untouched, deoxed ese81 from peteralfonso.com and flashed, no wipe needed. Because its deoxed, you can theme it and flash a oc kernel. Once you do that, it will let you actually install the update and all will be well. Of course it is no longer bb, but just bare ese81 2.1, but I found it to still be suitable for my needs.

11. jakechance

jakechance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info bigfake23, I have a couple of questions though.

Is ese81 rooted? I already have an overclocked kernel, will I need to flash it again?

Also to everyone else, is there no way to keep BB v1.1 and get rid of this OTA update?

12. bigfake23

bigfake23 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it is still fully rooted. You will need to re-flash the kernel you are using. I am using the 800mhz lv bekit from the op of this thread and it still automatically sets the speed and scales it without setcpu. I have not found a way to stop the ota notification in bb1.1. My guess is it takes some sort of patch from Pete, but I don't we are going to see that. If google hadn't f***ed up the streaming audio in 2.2, I wouldn't be worrying about this.

Search tags for this page
android 2.1 ese81 download
beast andrioid task switcher

bugless beast droid 1

bugless beast v1.0 download
download tweaked s5 base n4 style rom by goon
droid 1 bugless beast download
pete's bugless beast ese81v1 rom
what is the use of bugless beast in android
wipe emms apk