[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V1.1 Android 2.1 ESE81

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, May 27, 2010.

1. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ...Actually...Since you've waited this long you may be happier to wait for v0.5. It will be out soon and it promises to be even bugless-er.

2. disassemble

disassemble Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well the only thing i really care about is my contacts which google always restores for me.. besides that... i like starting clean and redownloading ever app. lol..

is that stupid?

i can do a backup with sprecovery right? remind me.... lol

3. disassemble

disassemble Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i did have froyo and it was buggy so i downgraded and now i wanna upgrade again.. so can i upgrade to 0.4 then in a week just do the same thing again for the v0.5 ?

4. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, You definitely want to make a full backup with sprecovery or clockwork so you can get back to it if something goes wrong.
    I would also suggest getting Titanium Backup to back up all your app with their settings. But if you enjoy the reinstallation ignore that!!

5. jakechance

jakechance New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SuperUser App v2.3.2.3

There's a new SuperUser app out and I cannot install it from the market. I was wondering if there was a good guide for updating this app specific to Bugless Beast v1.1

The dev's post here ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828 ) says to just download the appropriate zip and flash via recovery. Is that the best way to do it on BB as well? Does it matter if you use clockwork or SPRecovery?

6. shaneman

shaneman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Bugless Beast V1.1 Android 2.1" keeps downloading the 2.2 update. It does not prompt for install. It's killing my battery life. What is the workaround?

EDIT: /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip does not exist. Could this be the problem? From what I've read, it should be there, allow the update to happen and then let SPRecovery block it.

#1266 shaneman, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  7. jm1797

jm1797 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is doing the same thing.....getting promted to upgrade to 2.2 Froyo from my BBV1.1 2.1 ROM. I have everything the way I like it on BB1.1 and dont want to upgrade to 2.2 just yet.

I also looked in system/etc/security/ and didnt find otacerts. Only cacerts.bks. I'm thinking about running BB0.4 just to stop the ota 2.2. upgrade notice then switch back to V1.1 when ota push has gone out to everyone......

Does anyone think this might work?

8. alpine

alpine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have clockwork installed, go ahead and accept the update the phone will then reboot and clockwork will kill the update. Then reboot and all is well.

9. KevinX

KevinX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has this worked for anybody else on V1.1 and this particular update?

In my case I never received a message or accepted the update. It just continuously redownloads each time I boot the phone. Tried Clockwork instead of SPRecovery, but it won't kill it.

10. jm1797

jm1797 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone is doing the same.... continously downloads and never gives me the option to install. Once it is down downloading, it simply stays there and re-downloads again after a couple of hours or after I re-boot.

I'm hoping someone can come up with a script to rid of this forced update. I know Pete made one for his 2.2 but cant find anything for his 2.1 rom.

Please Help..............

11. KevinX

KevinX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    EDIT: Problem still occurring. The update downloaded to my phone again, slowing down my connection as usual. Disregard comments posted earlier below...

The update finally stopped downloading by itself on my phone. I didn't do anything except give Clockwork a second chance by fully downloading the update and rebooting yet another time...somehow it just didn't "kill" it the first time I did this process.

I'll eventually have to upgrade I guess, but I still prefer the instant messenging app Hello IM!, which is broken on 2.2 and no longer supported by the developer. I can't find an app that has a clean, black interface/theme and notifications for contacts signing on/off. Hi IM has the notifications, but doesn't seem to stay connected, contains Ads, not as professional, etc. Trillian beta looks nice, but not many features yet, and I don't really care for chat bubbles.

#1271 KevinX, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  12. alpine

alpine Member

Ratings:
    +0

That is what worked for me...

Search tags for this page
android 2.1 ese81 download
beast andrioid task switcher

bugless beast droid 1

bugless beast v1.0 download