[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Dec 21, 2010.

1. GDO7

GDO7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am begining to think this is where the problem might be. I used to do everything through CW and my SD, but have gotten lazy the last few flashes and gon through ROM Manager. I will reflash the old school way and see if it makes any difference. Will report back later today.

BTW, I am having the same issues with battery drain. I went from 18+hours on 0.5 to 7hrs max on 0.6.1. Considering the awesomeness of Pete's work I'm not ditching BB because of this issue. If all else fails, it is back to 0.5.

2. peggsie

peggsie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock kernel is 2.6.32.9 slayer

3. Alastrionia

Alastrionia Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey Pete,

just wanted to say amazing job on BB V.6.1
    phone has worked perfectly, battery life has been roughly the same for me compared to BB V.5
    love the simplicity and stability.
    made a donation to ya for $20 (from cyandorman@**.com)
    keep up the great work :D

4. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1

thank you!!!!

5. GDO7

GDO7 Member

Ratings:
    +0

beer money!!!

6. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I deleted stock message app, handcent worked fine. updated handcent today and its all messed up. im tired of handcent, does anyone have the stock app they can send me. thanks!

7. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79

You should never delete the stock messaging app. You can't receive mms without it, and all others use it to function properly anyways. I don't have the apk, but there's another thread in here where someone did the same thing. And someone posted the apk for them. Don't have a link but I'm sure its in the bugless forum.
    Sent from somewhere...

8. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks j. i understand it needs the stock app. but the handcent file is huge so i thought maybe that it was its own messaging app (not a dependent app) oh well. thanks for the headsup.

its just weird it was fine until the update today. really laggy, cant send mms, etc. and i was able to yesterday.

9. grandkai

grandkai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a problem installing V0.6.1. Currently on V0.5 without any problems. First I tried to install using ROM Manager by downloading ROM option as the Check for Update said it was up to date. When installing that way I received the error and it aborted. I looked through this posting as well as searched some of the others for the answer but did not find it. Although I did see in this posting a suggestion to directly download instead of ROM Manager and install on boot with CWMod. I tried this suggestion this morning and received the abort message as well. I have attached a text file generated by CWMod with the error in it. I would really like to stay with the latest BB if there is anything I can do to help to resolve this problem and get me updated would be appreciated. (Note the file extension is DOC but is still a text file only because of the file size restriction and can be opened as text or DOC which ever you wish)

10. afromann13

afromann13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For anyone having battery problems, i did the battery reset with clockwork and let it die and fully charged it again, now i'm having amazing battery life..

and does anyone know how to fix the launcher fail errors?

11. tad303

tad303 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First check permissions in my system folder- set them to read write, reflash Clockwork Recovery Check space on SD card. and Download using the computer then transfer to your sd card and Wipe data & cache is MANDATORY Make sure to create a nandroid backup first

#359 tad303, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  12. efexay

efexay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did a complete back up to the SD card with Koush's boostrap recovery (I believe it's a Nandroid backup he uses?) Anyway, any other prerequisites besides wiping data/cache that I should do to install this ROM cleanly?? Pete's gone a little short on the instructions but it's been a while since I used a custom ROM and wanted to be certain. Thanks in advance folks.

Search tags for this page

a855 bugless

a855 bugless beast rom

bugless beast de motorola a855

bugless beast froyo download

bugless beast rom a855

bugless rom motorola droid a855

droid a855 bugless beast

droid a855 gingerbread roms

rs rom v0.6 rom

stuck on solarize.