[ROM] [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 29, 2010.

1. spiff72

spiff72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did have some issues getting my car to pair with it too. I eventually got it to work, and by far this has been the most stable Froyo Bugless ROM for me.

Previous ones where I was using Launcher Pro were very laggy - especially when I would first unlock the phone screen. I have OS Monitor installed and it would show high CPU usage for the launcher (Launcher Pro).

I was using the stock launcher for this .4 ROM and it was running very smoothly. The only reason that I have reverted back to a NON-ROOTED 2.1 (via 2.0.1 and an OTA upgrade) was that I had to call Verizon and get them to send me a replacement phone because I still have a green/pink spot in the middle of some of my photos (phone was already replaced once for this issue, and replacement had same problem), and my hard keyboard has been giving me double presses on some keys (like the "P"). I wanted to have it non-rooted if I had to give them any numbers off the about screens.

I am leaving it this way until my replacement comes - then BB.4 will be going back on it!

2. DavidBowman

DavidBowman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I had some battery life / lagging issues when I first installed, but after playing around with some things and starting from scratch, BB .04 is flying! Pete is awesome and it's annoying to see people talking smack just because they haven't done something right.

Cheers to you, Pete. Great work, please keep it up!

3. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had some trouble at first, but it turned out out I had to pair my car to my phone, instead of the other way around if that makes any sense. When I first paired, I chose to pair from my phone. This time, I made the phone visible, and used the car controls to pair to the phone.

Once you do get it paired, you can use Titanium Backup to back up the bluetooth pairing, and you never have to worry about it again!

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The latest version of Metamorph is working just fine -- I used it yesterday to theme GoogleMusic, Settings and Swype.

5. bigillz

bigillz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just had to try the pairing twice. First time failed on the phone, rescanned, car showed up correctly and paired correctly. Did this just yesterday. Froyo now prompts you on the phone for permission to certain aspects - my car downloads my contacts, for example, and the phone prompted me to allow/disallow that.

6. jasonppp

jasonppp Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    ok ty i will try it again it used to mess my phone up

7. sighrus

sighrus Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Battery life is amazing!

I had to do a clean install due to some issues with syncing, but now after having done a fresh install yesterday. 14 hours later my battery shows 90% charged. Granted this is with minimal use and 8 hours of sleeping overnight. Potentially the current setup: BB v.4 with Chevy's LV 1.0Ghz SetCPU at 250-1000 on demand and all profiles at 250-550 on demand for sleep, charging etc.can last for a few days with light usage. 0 issues and really snappy response. Wow Pete, you have outdone yourself with this release. Sending donation, it is well deserved. :icon_ banana:

[​IMG]

#1027 sighrus, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  8. murflee33

murflee33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete, is there any chance that you could maybe add the proximity sensor that Chevy added to his 4.3 rom? It's not only your rom that has the proximity sensor during phone calls problem because I've had problems on every 2.2 rom.

9. aerdely

aerdely New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with recovery. I use clockworkmod recovery and when I try to enter it after about 10 seconds of being in recovery my device reboots by its self. I've tried reflashing recovery and pulling the battery but no luck. Any one know why?

10. The Race To Die

The Race To Die Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Works perfectly. Thank you so much Pete! Been using .4 for 2 days now with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Works and looks great with Nextheme and x Theme from fab. Fastest and most stable froyo rom I've used. Thanks again Pete!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. Jer

Jer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried that and all it did was load the silver looking BB 'Android' boot screen. Do I just locate that file and swap it for the new one I downloaded and then try again or ??

12. FatMagic

FatMagic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dumb question here - a bit of a newb:

So I'm running BB V0.3, and it's awesome - but I was wondering if I have to wipe before upgrading to V0.4? I don't want to have to reset up all my apps & settings again after just upgrading to V0.3 a few days (yes I'm that lazy, and don't want to use Titanium again).

Thanks!

Search tags for this page
android clock
android clock app

bugless beast

bugless beast download
bugless beast motorola droid
bugless beast rom
bugless beast v0.4 android 2.2 frf84b
bugless rom for galaxy y
buglessbeast
script android 2.2