[ROM] [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mrpotatohead99

Ratings:
    +0
    I would have to strongly disagree... I mean after all these are "leaked" basebands & NOT "officially released" basebands. I would highly recommend NOT updating your baseband period, unless of course it is an official release. I have tested these baseband updates multiple times using my two Droids (which I normally get the same reception on) and have found that it always makes the reception worse on the Droid that I flash it to. The reception becomes stronger at times on one of the Droids over the other but it varies... i.e. sometimes the updated Droid will be better and sometimes worse and that can change within seconds depends on usage which will kick up the voltage to the radio. However, the updated Droid will experience much more frequent 3G drops and intermittent signal. This has happened with ALL combinations of ROMs/kernels. The intermittent signal is incredibly annoying and makes the overall data rate of the updated Droid nearly half of the other Droid which is running the original 2.0.1 baseband (C_01.3E.01P).

Obviously I was not very pleased with the baseband update results but I expected them because they are leaked and not official baseband updates as I said. The only older baseband update.zip file I could find out there was C_01.3E.03P so in order to get the original C_01.3E.01P baseband back I had to flash the SBF file back, re-root, and re-flash my custom ROMs/kernels!!! Then my reception would be back to its healthy, normal self. Haha. In the end, I have tested them multiple times and the advice I have is NOT to update, but if you are having reception problems and are willing to take the plunge then go ahead. Just be prepared to have to completely redo your phone... i.e. do an SBF flash, re-root, and re-flash custom ROMs/kernels. Lol.

2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1. I think the newest one, C_01.43.01P is the official baseband that will be released with Froyo.

and 2, Negative, there are many update.zips that will flash your baseband to whatever you want. You certinly don't have to do a .sbf Flash!!!

3. techwizard08

techwizard08 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question.

I flashed to v0.4, and all my apps restored, however my contacts didn't sync, and says sync error.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a google issue, or should I reflash?

4. DavidBowman

DavidBowman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This would be really handy for me, as I've had problems on the newest baseband. Can you tell me which ones?

5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is the C_01.3E.03P baseband update.zip

Google is your friend for the rest

6. DavidBowman

DavidBowman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, nevermind. I misunderstood what you were saying. I see that Rom Manager can do this for me, so that's what I'll do.

7. techwizard08

techwizard08 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATE: So, I clicked sync on/off a couple of times, and finally it fetched my data.

Now, I went to install the blue energy theme, and I'm stuck at the motorolla logo. Just not my day on the flashing...

8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Make sure you r using the right ver of Blue Energy (FRF84B)

9. murflee33

murflee33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else getting insanely good battery life in this rom? It's just past 1:00 and waking up at about 7 and unplugging it from charger I usually have about 60 or 70% left. Right now it just changed to 90%.

10. droijo

droijo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Been using frf57 for a while now and am attempting to use BB this time.

Quick question just to make sure.

Do I rename frf84bv04 it to update.zip and install via sprecovery? Or will I have to do it via nandroid restore in sprecovery? If I recall, there was a newer version of sprecovery, does it matter if I have it or not?

All kernels in "anyrom.zip" formay by koush? Are these specific kernels by koush? If so, where can I find them? If not, can I still use p3? (what i've been using with frf57)

Thanks.

#826 droijo, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  11. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The ROM file is an update.zip, not a Nandroid restore.

Any of the kernels listed in this link are compatible with this ROM: Froyo Kernels - Android Forums

12. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    skyfire

Anyone else use skyfire. I've used it since it first released its my favorite browser and on this version of BB it wont even open :(

I've used it on all other Froyo's without a problem, even UD, it worked on BBv0.3, but not BBv0.4.

I tried restarting clean thinking I broke it installing but samething :(

Search tags for this page
android clock
android clock app

bugless beast

bugless beast download
bugless beast motorola droid
bugless beast rom
bugless beast v0.4 android 2.2 frf84b
bugless rom for galaxy y
buglessbeast
script android 2.2