[ROM] [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 29, 2010.

1. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Great ROM my first 2.2 build and its flawless thus far I even played some games online with flash player but the phone ran very hot... not something i care for just like to know i can :icon_evil:

The one issue i'm having so far is playing .mp4 files from either the web or from the phone itself

Look forward to more upgrades in the future

2. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, this is what we are referring to above... Since every Froyo based ROM has this problem *and* since even the Virgin (stock, rooted, leaked) ROMs for the Droid are having this problem, I suspect this is in the Froyo source, not a problem caused by the ROM developers...

As mentioned above, it could simply be that the codecs for the various video formats have not been included yet.

3. frankace

frankace New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    apps2sd

I ran the script to have the apps go to the sdcard. When i look in app manager they all show they are on the sdcard yet my internal memory changes when I add or remove apps. It appears to me that they are still installing to the internal memory. Any ideas

thanks

4. frankace

frankace New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    apps not installing

Now no matter what app i try to install i get an "Installation Unsuccessful" message. I was able to install 2 apps earlier this morning now nothing installs

5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm confused as to why, based on what you've said above, SetCPU becomes a must-buy app. I've been overclocking since the first overclock kernels became available for the Droid and I certainly bought SetCPU and considered it must-have on the ROMs prior to these recent BB versions, where Pete has accomplished ondemand CPU frequency scaling, with 250Mhz at the min (any lower and you'll have reboot problems), and the max at your chosen kernel's max. I haven't reinstalled SetCPU for the last few version of Pete's ROMs and I'm not having any heat, battery or performance issues. I can sit and watch my clock speed using SystemPanel and it varies constantly depending on which apps are doing what, and it's not limited to the 7 slots of the kernel. I'm sitting idle right now, watching in SystemPanel and my clock speed goes from 283Mhz to 496, to 388, to 345, to 763, etc., depending on what my 20 widgets are calling for in the background. When needed, it will ramp up to the 1.1Ghz max speed for my installed kernel, then back down again. If you want to be able to set different profiles for different situations, then you need SetCPU, but you don't need SetCPU to implement ondemand performance on Pete's ROMs.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  6. Devryn

Devryn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing Onix had that I can't figure out on BB is WiFi tethering. What am I missing?

7. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    Have you installed the Wireless Tether for Root Users app from the Market?

8. Devryn

Devryn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't realize that was on the market. Thanks. :)

Now that's sorted, what is up with the cell tower based location? It doesn't seem to be working in any apps. When outside, actual GPS works, but not the cell tower thing.

9. BodyMarks

BodyMarks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can this file be used with SPRecovery

May I rename file to update.zip and flash using sprecovery

10. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, you may do it that way.

11. poooookah78

poooookah78 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So,

I'm running BB 1.1 and I'm going to get my usb hooked up in a few and install this on my phone today at work. I'm assuming I simply download the FRF84BV04.zip file, place it in the root, rename it update.zip and install like normal? I also have a current kernel at 1.1mhz. Do I need to install a new kernel after installing the update? If so, where do I get it? I want 1.1 or even 1.2 if possible again.

THANKS!!!!!

12. Car

Car Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Profiles is the number one reason. Lets say your miles from a charger and you notice battery is at 40%, setting a profile to cut processing power down by 50% or more will get you more play time till you can plug in. I am also not running any froyo rom so setcpu is a must for me. Besides, it was like a dollar and once you bought it you have it forever no matter how many times you flash a new rom to your phone. I also like the stress test feature. I run every new kernel through a good 5 minutes of stress testing just to assure myself I'm installing something that won't crap out on me on the middle of heavy use.

Search tags for this page
android clock
android clock app

bugless beast

bugless beast download
bugless beast rom
bugless beast v0.4 android 2.2 frf84b
bugless rom for galaxy y
buglessbeast
download bugless beast for droid 2.2
script android 2.2