[ROM] [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Devryn

Devryn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry...New to this deal...How do I install a new Kernel? Then how do I install the theme?

2. jimmy3299

jimmy3299 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry didnt catch it but are the storm 8 games working on this yet

3. spiff72

spiff72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried a video on m.yahoo.com - no go here. It did ask what to use to play it - either Movie Player or the Android Player. Not sure exactly which players those are. I tried both and I got the same error message you did.

And I agree - the flash video on nytimes.com was a CPU hog (CPU meter was at 100% load) and took a while to actually start playing. It DID play though...

4. FastKatt

FastKatt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Setting Pandora to High Quality seamed to help that app...
    Sirius|XM, on the other hand...
    It seams to keep wanting to skip back in the buffer and keep playing the same 5-10 seconds of a song, over & over again.
    Anyone know of a fix?

5. Car

Car Member

Ratings:
    +0

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  6. michael_campbell

michael_campbell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does it ever move off the lowest of your range in powersave? I got the impression it didn't.

7. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Damn it! After heavy use on and off I only get like 3 hours and a few mins of battery life. I think I'm running the chevy ulv kernel. Can somebody please explain to me about the vlotages??? Cuz I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the power it saves. Guess I need to try each one..

8. Car

Car Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for trying!

Peter....anyone? Got any ideas? Perhapse another browser.apk or android player.apk that I can replace mine with? I tried dolphin and others with same results

Thanks

9. Car

Car Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try to stick with low voltage. Not all droids can supposedly run the Ultra low volt kernels so they say, but doesn't hurt to try. Also, leave the minimum at minimum. Use On Demand setting. You don't need full throttle for texting or for most apps for that matter!

P.S. This is where SetCPU becomes a must buy app!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  10. eddieonofre

eddieonofre Member

Ratings:
    +0
    use setcup and set it to powersaving on times u know u are not going to use it for a while or set it powersaving when the screen is off.

11. michael_campbell

michael_campbell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are some anecdotal reports that the MV (medium) kernels cause the CPU to have to work less and get better battery. I'm skeptical, but that's just because I'm always skeptical.

But yes, you should try each one. Maybe a lower clock speed; chances are you don't really NEED the supermegafast kernel to do what you're doing. Different Droids have different battery usage characteristics with different kernels from different people too; some Droids like the p3 kernels more, some like Chevy's more.

12. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you're getting the "Sorry, this video cannot be played" or "File cannot be displayed or played" or other similar video file related error message, this is the same issue we've been having in Froyo's Gallery with WMV and other formats that used to work in 2.0.1 and 2.1. It happens in Froyo on the Droid with any player because you're using the same underlying system level programming to support it, and that part is not working in Froyo yet...

I suspect it's a codec issue, but it might be more serious. This same issue exists in every Froyo based ROM I've tried so far (new and older versions of CM, SS, BB, Virgin Stock rooted, etc). Because these video formats are evidently supported in newer Froyo hardware platforms, I fully expect this to be fixed in the OTA for Droid, but the exact timing is still a guess.

Pete, have you heard anything about this issue in your discussions with other ROM developers? As you can see, it affects more than Gallery. We'd love to get some wisdom on this so we can know what to expect.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
Search tags for this page
android clock
android clock app

bugless beast

bugless beast download
bugless beast rom
bugless beast v0.4 android 2.2 frf84b
bugless rom for galaxy y
buglessbeast
download bugless beast for droid 2.2
script android 2.2