[ROM] [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V. GPA18 Android 2.3.7

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mwahlquist

mwahlquist New Member

The old method of needing to use the 4 corners of the screen to 'unlock' the phone for use without an account has been replaced with a skip button on the next screen. No need for cheats when things are handed to you.

If you are having issues with FC, or any apps acting silly, etc... see my post about how to "really" clean your phone before installing BB.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...-etc-think-your-og-droid-hw-failing-read.html
  2. privatejz

privatejz New Member

runs like a champ on my end.....the one issue i have found as well is that my vid camera does not work as a previous poster mentioned.
    other than that it seems pretty snappy.
    cheers.
  3. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

Camera focus sound on reboot

Anyone else notice that the phone makes the sound like it is focusing the camera when comes out of reboot?

This is before it is actually usable (mounting SD and all the other stuff that happens on startup).
  4. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

That's normal gimpyestrada - has been since I think GPA16 when Google Talk with Video was added to the phone.

I had the same issue with the video camera not working and then force closing, as well as the ROM being a bit laggy. I rolled back to GPA17 for now.
  5. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak New Member

ROM was fast until I played Angry Birds Seasons and it went to lag city , slowed to a crawl , missed calls , well back on FRG3G Froyo again .
    Also noticed when I viewed pictures in the Gallery as the picture loaded it would have these black lines flicker over the picture .
    GB and me just don't get along , at least on the OG Droid 1 .
    Great ROM otherwise .
  6. sxm

sxm New Member

How would I remove a system app such as Google Videos??

Would this help with freeing up space for regular apps?

Thanks for the help.
  7. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

root explorer, /system/app/

or

before you install this rom take it out of the zip file
  8. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

This is only going to free up space on the system partition. This is only useful if you move apps to system partition with something like Titanium. It will not fee up space on the "normal" data partition used for apps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. frpst9

frpst9 New Member

Really loving the performance of this ROM.

What I'm really missing are the power controls on the pulldown in many of the custom roms out now.

Does anyone know of any apps or method to add this functionality to this ROM?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

Ditto, I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get the controls back in the pull down.
  11. sxm

sxm New Member

Thanks for that answer
  12. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I think you want "Widgetsoid" to put controls in the status bar dropdown. I don't use it, but certainly looks like there are apps to put controls in there.

Most of what is integrated into the custom roms has apps out there (why wouldn't there be - code is code and a lot of ideas came from these apps). Only advantage of a custom rom doing it is it can sometimes save ram not having an app that has to run.
  13. beaton3344

beaton3344 New Member

18 won't work on incredible 2 yet will it....

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums
  14. Amarao

Amarao New Member

Just installed GPA18 on my Moto Droid, for some reason I can't hear anything when making/receiving calls, no ringer or anything. Also nobody can hear me on the other end of the call either. Sounds like some kind of dialer function isn't working? All other sounds are working though.

I'm going to reinstall and see if it works, maybe I'll wipe the cache 3-4 times... who knows.
  15. Amarao

Amarao New Member

Still no sound during calls. Does anyone know which process handles this?

Edit: I'm a retard and need to read Peter's posts... >_>;
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  16. irogag

irogag New Member

GPA18 and GPA19 LED notification problems

Hey if anyone is having issues (especially OG Droid) with LED notifications not showing up for missed calls, texts, any messages, etc....there is no need to wipe caches, reROM or delete Google cloud backups......just get LightFlow, allow SuperUser access, make sure you enable LightFlow in Accessibility within Settings, and you are good to go!!!

--TONY
    (Hapiness is a Warm Gun)
  17. EVSP

EVSP Member

Hey peeps... I've had a few issues that I don't know if it's the ROM or a ADW issue... my Gmail notifications stopped working... I have to go in to the Gmail app and manually refresh for any new emails to pop up.. I was wondering why my Xoom and iPod were getting my emails but not my D1.. also, I can't seem to get my (Beautiful Widgets family I think) Extended Controls widget to populate on any open space - in other words, I long press any open spot on my screen, select "widgets" and the option for Extended Controls isn't there... "Power Controls" is, but I can't modify what toggle buttons I want there to be on that option like I can on Extended Controls app I've already got loaded on my phone.. and it's kind of important to me to have that.. and I have confirmed that the app/widget is in fact installed on my phone first... I noticed the last two or three times I've rebooted my phone, the prompt to select the launcher I want comes up every time... (ADW Launcher or default Launcher) even though I select the "use selection as default" each time.. IDK why it's resetting itself.

I'm going to try wiping everything and reflashing this ROM and hopefully this will clear those issues but I wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else is having the same problems...

I'll post again whatever the outcome is.. reflashing now..

Edit: This fixed the email issue but created a whole slew of other issues... I'm out of internal memory, no matter how much I move my apps to sd.. I really have hardly anything on the internal memory so I'm going to go back and try this all over... uggggh. Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  18. venom1553

venom1553 New Member

Search tags for this page
2.3.7 bugless beast download
2.3.7 og droid

bugless beast droid x

gpa18

gpa18 peter

gpa18 rom

rom archive gpa18

rom stable gingerbread android 2.3.7