[Rom] SS 5.3 GB - 2.3.4 - 5/21/11

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, May 21, 2011.

1. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    Sweet man thanks for the speedy reply, gonna try one out soon but I'm really diggin this themed version of 5.3!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had that problem I took out my battery waited a minute put it back in and it booted. If not install the rom from zip on sdcard then before rebooting install a diff kernel from zip then reboot :D hope that helps

Also have found that if you open and close the keyboard while booting it helps phone to boot if having a hard time with LV kernels

#110 DaSnOoTeRKiNG, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  3. DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I dlen then uled all from my d1 using stock browser to DROPBOX not MEGAUPLOAD............sounds like a user error. Quick question do you have 95 mb of memory on SD? And most dl links log your ip so trying to dl repeatedly doent work give the servers a chance to recover :x :icon_ poke::icon_ poke::icon_ poke:

4. Zepplin76

Zepplin76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Working fine here.

I installed 5.3 overtop of 5.2 that I had been running since it was released. I installed from CWM Recovery 2.5.0.1 using only the partitions>clear cache and install menu options and everything works GREAT except reboot and hotboot both do the hotboot restart. Not too big of a deal since the rest is awesome and I can always power off then power on if I need a reboot that bad.

EDIT opened Chevy tools and applied patch#1 and reboot works again! Never had clock fc issue.

#112 Zepplin76, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  5. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I dwnlded both links this morning about 8:30am then tried to install no go,unistalled the dwnld and restored backup, waited for a while, at abt lunchtime tried again, both links in case it was a bad dwnld, went through the process again still said bad dwnld, installation abort cannot install, restored backup, doubled checked to make sure i was on the latest RZRecovery and i am, waited again, tried install still says the same abort, restored my backup, deleted the dwnld again, re-dwnlded still the same issue, and now when i try the link for dropbox says to much traffic so i can't dwnld anything right now anyway. May try again later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks though, ill eventually get it figured out. If not its okay SS 5.2 is fine with me. Lol

6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Cool - I have released a patch for that issue as well, check the thread I just posted up :)

7. gibsonlp223

gibsonlp223 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Even after removing the line, it comes right back. I did save changes

8. undroid

undroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did the scroll bar change? The block to do the fast scroll looks bigger and plain gray transparent. Using unthemed.

9. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    I really thought, "wow, there's no way it gets any better than this." Then there I am, messing around on my little Droid and I get a popup saying that there is an update for my ROM. Low and behold the patch update went straight to my device like it was a frickin Android Software update. The ROM title seriously just sums it up, but I would add a word. Simply ****ing Stunning!!!!

10. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Flashed CM gapps20110503 and Gtalk video and audio chat is working. Thanks to 2.3.4 cam clicks when opening Gtak but video not showing as available from me.
    Kinda neat.

11. yutzybrian

yutzybrian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Might have to throw this up on the spare Droid and try it. Was waiting and waiting and then you release it a couple days after I upgrade. Doh!

12. lexridge

lexridge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running the un-themed version of 5.3. The task bar when pulled down, has white letters over a light grey background, and is somewhat hard to read. Is there a way to change either the background color, or the font color?

Lex

Search tags for this page

droid 2 gb 2.3.4 download

stock kernel droid pro 2.3.4