[rom] ss 5.1 gb - 2.3.3 - 3/9/11

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0

2. beer10t

beer10t New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy,

My friend has an Evo 4G. He saw my Simply Stunning and wants it on his phone. Is SS available for an HTC Evo 4G? If so, can you point me in the direction to get him there? Thank in advance!!! Simply Stunning is Simply AMAZING!! Battery life is off the charts!!!

Thanks!!

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Unfortunately it is not ... I know sometimes a ROM can be 'ported' to a new device - but since I do not have one myself, I can't say if it would even be possible ...

5. jdm627

jdm627 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    some body have problems receiving sms?

6. hapster

hapster Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I started off with the ULV 800MHz kernel. Switched to LV 800 and my batt life is back to normal.

Sent from my Moto Droid

7. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Here is what I did.

Charged my batt up completely to 100%
    I am using the RZRecovery
    Went to wipe options
    Wiped battery stats
    Rebooted
    Used phone as I normally would to drain battery down completely (typically down to 5%)
    Then recharged the battery

After this I saw better battery life.

8. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0

9. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wiping battery stats doesn't actually increase battery life. All it does is make the percentages more accurate.

10. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

Ratings:
    +3

This is true but the issue being raised could be just the readings. However, by draining your batt every now and again will help batt life. In doing so just wiping the batt stats will help in my opinion.

I have done this every other week and when changing roms an noticed the batt stats seem to be better.

As of right now I have been on the same charge. 1 day 11 hours. This is while on 3g (and I have poor signal as well 1 to 2 bars most of the time). Also on moderate use as well, i.e. look up web stuff, Droid fourm app, download apps and try them out, about 1 hour of talk time. I say doing as I described does work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

#262 jrmdroid, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  11. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed...I just didn't want anyone to think that would cause your battery problems. Most people just leave too many things running and syncing constantly, or leave their phone overclocked to 1.1ghz. Then they wonder why they can't make it through the day!

I use RZRecovery and wipe all prior to any installation. That wipes the battery stats and they always seem to be accurate accordingly. I also run an 800 mhz kernel and clock it at 600 with the interactive gov and my battery lasts forever as well and it's super snappy.

And Chevy,

On a different note, my next phone will likely be based off of what devices you choose to support in the future...I'm anxious to hear what you decide. I'm eligible for an upgrade now and itching to use it, so standing by...I wish I knew for sure whether the Bionic would be unlockable like the zoom or not. I definitely want to get a phone with a large base of devs like there is on the D1.....

12. hchucky

hchucky New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exchange Sync issue

I have several Exchange accounts setup against two different Exchange servers. When I set them up originally after a fresh flash to 5.1 everything seemed fine. Then shortly after setup I realized that non of the accounts were syncing (can not send or receive email). I ran Fix Permissions and rebooted and all of accounts began to sync. A few days later I noticed that all of them stopped syncing again. For grins I ran Fix Permissions again. This time no luck. I had the exact same problem running v5.01 only in that case I just lived without email until 5.1 arrived. Searching around I don't seem to see anybody else having this issue. If setup Exchange accounts many times in the past without issue so I'm confident everything is setup correctly. When I click the sync button from within an account nothing happens (normally I see the sync symbol at the top of the window). Does anybody have any thoughts on how to resolve this? HC

Search tags for this page

ss op 3.3 question 5.1