[rom] ss 5.01 gb - 3/3/11 - ready!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jpblock82

jpblock82 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Need a little help

Has anyone had any issues with Bluetooth Voice Dialing on SS5.01. During the week I normally use it a few times a day during my commute, but the past few days I haven't. Yesterday I needed to make a call and hit the button, BT Dialing cranked up like normal, but the nasty, whiney little voice that normally says "Speak Now" never said anything. I spoke and like normal it did its thing, but without the voice prompting its about as useless as not having it because you have to handle the phone to see if it is ready for input. I don't feel like this is a ROM issue (don't ask me why, but I don't.) Does anybody have any ideas?

Just so you'll know, I installed clean (wipe x3 and formatting all areas except sd card.)

BigRedGonzo

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    For the most part the ROM has been ready - BUT I've been working very hard to make it so that you all do not have to wipe (saving you a LOT of time). I think I have it nailed, so doing final testing now.

4. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Awesome, you got me excited for the next release. If its as good as I think it'll be there should be a donation on the way shortly. Keep up the awesome work man!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I will give this a try myself ...

6. s13_slider

s13_slider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh... This is SO making me regret moving from the Droid. I don't suppose you could be convinced to make a ROM for the Fascinate, could you??? Kidding. Keep up the great work anyway

-Former SS user. :(

7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Ha ha! If I had a fascinate in my hands - I'm sure the amount of convincing would be very very low ;)

8. s13_slider

s13_slider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_eek: Let the planning for a Fascinate for Chevy begin! :ph34r:

9. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got a strange issue. Not really a huge problem, just annoying. I use LauncherPro, and after a reboot, I usually wait for the screen to go sleep by itself before I unlock. This gives launcherpro some time to load since I have seven home screens and lots of widgets. But every time I unlock the screen, launcherpro restarts about 4 or 5 times before settling down. I have home locked to memory, keep in memory is set in launcherpro preferences, and min free memory settings are set to normal. Just curious if anyone else using launcherpro has experienced this. Maybe I just need to cut out some of my widgets/homescreens, lol?

10. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine only does this after a reboot. Chevy said we needed to allow for this though because of the apps killed on start. After that I'm good to go. unlocking screen LPP is good. I have mine in my system/app folder. It's my only launcher, I deleted the rest.

11. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It shouldn't be killing my launcher, though, right? I did edit csm.lst to include a couple other apps (ebay and amazon), but nothing that should interfere with the launcher I would think. Again, this only happens after a reboot, but I do let it sit for a while before unlocking the screen to give it time to catch up. Usually this works, but maybe I've just got too much crap on my homescreens, haha. It's my only launcher, too, but I leave it in /data/app to keep it updated easier from the market (that is, if the rewrite is ever done). :)

12. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you leave it for 1 minute? That's what the thread says in the first one. I don't think it's actually killing the launcher, it's doing that cause there are so many other things going on in the background. # LOOP DELAY - Try LOOP times, sleep DELAY seconds between loops
    # So '20 3' means it will be active for 60 seconds - keep this in mind
    # 20 3