[ROM] SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid Rom

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by tcrews, Oct 9, 2010.

1. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid ROM (2.2.1)..... with a few extras.

Click to Download

(2.2.2 is available) New version

[​IMG]

A ROM I have compiled from source is now available on Rom Manager (premium version).

It's also available from my website SnkBitten Motorola Droid ROM.
    (both as a download or as a Rom Manager Web-Connect initiator)

This is not the "fastest" or "feature packed" ROM available, there are many other great choices out there. This is I've found to be a stable and smooth ROM that I have enjoyed on my phone.

This was compiled from the latest code pushed to open source (OS 2.2.1) and is for the Motorola Droid. I have been working on this ROM maintaining sync with Google/Android while putting in a few extras.

This ROM is very close to straight stock except being compiled from the latest source (2.2.1) and uses the FRG22D proprietary files and proper market fingerprint. My goal when I started this was to retain the stock look and feel of a vanilla Android system but adding some extra support or features that didn't branch off too far from stock.

I have been running this for a few weeks and after the suggestion from a few of my friends who have been testing and/or running this ROM I decided to make it available for others. I'd like to give a special thanks to Deodexed as he provided a lot of testing on his spare Droid once I got tired of constantly flashing and setting mine up again and again...

This has the latest Gmail app and I have removed Maps, Streetview and Google Voice Search as they are available in the Market. Twitter and AmazonMp3 were also removed (from personal choice).

I leaned heavily on cvpcs's and cyanogenmod's github accounts for the little extras and for some pushes in the right direction.

You can also follow my work on github @ SnkBitten's Profile - GitHub

Changelog:

• 2.2.1: Created new vendor setup for SnkBitten ROM
    • Build numbering starting at 2.2.1 to match Froyo Release 2.2.1 as synced to Google's source (AOSP)
    • Built from AOSP source for Froyo Nothing fancy, nothing extreme, trying to remain as close to stock Froyo but with a touch of enhancements and improved features.
    • New kernel [cvpcs] Added 250-800SV kernel for the purpose of providing more stability out-of-the-box.
    • Added Reboot option to Power Off button press [Woodyman]
    • Added Audio DSP settings [alankila] Alankila's Audio Digital Signal Processing system. DSPManager in apps.
    • Superuser compiled in [ChainsDD] Using source repo of ChainsDD to pull Superuser for build.
    • Using proprietaries from FRG22D leak The leak (courtesy p3droid) has been included in this release
    • Changed build.prop overrides to fix Market issues [cyanogen] Changed the build prop overrides to match that of FRG22D so that market will believe SnkBitten is a standard verizon release
    • Added ability to see MOD/ROM version in Settings [cvpcs] This allows for the phone to better match Verizon's releases.
    • Added busybox [cvpcs (removed need for modified bionic)] [cyanogen (base)] provides a large set of command line executables
    • Added libc-ext [cvpcs] provides syscalls not included in bionic used by busybox
    • Added SNKWallpapers [cyanogen] removed cyanogenmod specific images, added other images found on web
    • Other tweaks: Reduced ring delay from 3000 to 1000 Increased WiFi scan time from 15 to 90 Added FLAC support [cyanogen] Updated to wpa-supplicant 0.6.x [koush] Removed Maps, Street, Voice Search from build (obtain from Market for latest) Includes latest Google CarHome app

• Added additional applications Wired Tether Wireless Tether Move2SD Enabler (GUI for Apps2SD) Download Crutch Lite (download any file type in browser)
    • Basic scripts - sysrw, sysro and compache. Compcache does work with the included kernel however I personally do not use it.
    Picture below show applications NOT included (LauncherPro and Root Exlporer)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special thanks to cvpcs, cyanogenmod, InsaneNemesis, Woodyman and koush. This would not have been possible without help from all the above either via emails, pms or following/borrowing from their respective github repositories. Again, thanks to Deodexed for testing this ROM as I tweaked it or added new features.
  2. Robbie72

Robbie72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This ROM is amazing. I am running it now. I love the wallpapers that come with it. You get alot of variety.
  3. grinchy

grinchy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    very nice work!!!!
  4. tcrews

Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks....

I've enjoyed the stability and overall "solid" feel of it (though as with everything there is always room for improvement). My testers, about 8 of them, have been very pleased with it as well.

Sent from my Droid
  5. Deodexed

Deodexed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This has been one of my favorite roms if not my favorite roms so far! I been testing this rom for Tcrews since I had a spare droid and was using the DroidX at the time. Since then I actually sold my DroidX and went back to using my Droid since I missed using a custom AOSP rom so much. I am currently learning how to build a custom rom and have a lot of help from Tcrews and his awesome guide.

I want to personally thank Tcrews for all his help and his great rom development!

Tcrews also has a section on my website were you can see some discussions that have taken place about this version.
  6. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Its about time you released this over here. Tcrews is an awesome dev and def very heplful. I'm glad to see the rom released on df.
  7. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot for wasting 15min. Of my life. DL this rom only for the snake wallpaper & it's not even included.
  8. tcrews

Ratings:
    +22
    Its the default_wallpaper but why would you download a ROM for a wallpaper? Google search could probably turn up hundreds of similar pics.....

Sorry you feel 15 minutes of your life are lost forever....

Sent from my Droid
  9. Deodexed

Deodexed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok first off you must be new to this if you cant appreciate an AOSP rom! Second off, the wallpaper does come with it! You probably did not clear data and cache so your old wallpaper is on top. The build has it installed as a default wallpaper so I if you are looking for it under the wallpaper you will not see it.

This rom is built from source (once again) and is not based of an ota that has been rummaged through and modified then put back together. It had to be compiled and errors had to be fixed in order for it to complete.

But everyone has the right to their opinion, but just have your facts straight! (wallpaper)

I have been testing this rom extensively and have seen the huge amount of effort and work that the dev (Tcrews) has put into it!

This is my opinion.
  10. ohcop72

ohcop72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Downloading now, I am particular to Sapphire and Project Elite V.2, so this should fit me well. What Kernel is stock and what ones work well????
  11. droidbionic

droidbionic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good Droid rom
  12. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey deo I'm not new but I haven't devoted my life to a phone. I said nothing negative about his hard work. Btw do you enjoy your freedom? Spending day after day making love to your phone? If so your welcome! Sent with a phone by SGT. Jason Johnson combat vet & Infantryman.hey I thought all Droid users experienced or not could voice an opinion here!
  13. Deodexed

Deodexed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, and you know me SGT? LOL

Anyways, I am not turning this thread into a pissing match...so this is my last reply to you on here. PM me if you have something to say to me.
  14. Deodexed

Deodexed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it is the 2.6.32.9 sapphire kernel. It will run up to 800MHZ without a problem!

Also here is a picture of the DSP manager running! Its a super sweet feature!

[​IMG]
  15. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I got it. Nobody wins a Pissing contest. Enjoy your life and I hope you have a great day.
Search tags for this page
droid snake bitten rom download
snake bitten droid

snake bitten rom

snakebitten rom droid 2
snakes wallpapers for samsung galaxy s3