[ROM] SnkBitten 2.2.5

radon_22

Reaction score
Dude- this is an extremely well-built "minimalist" rom. I'm really suprised it doesn't have a larger following.

I've played around with all the major distros. I'm getting a bit tired of my Droid choking on stuff like MIUI, CM7, etc. :) This may be my daily driver. Excellent work!

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Dude- this is an extremely well-built "minimalist" rom. I'm really suprised it doesn't have a larger following.

I've played around with all the major distros. I'm getting a bit tired of my Droid choking on stuff like MIUI, CM7, etc. :) This may be my daily driver. Excellent work!

Thanks. I compiled the initial one when Froyo came out as a learning experience. Started following cvpcs and cyanogenmod on github to see some of the stuff they were doing and added some of those smaller tweaks and such. At the urging of a few friends I released it. It started as version 2.2.1 (one number higher than stock 2.2.0 at the time).

Watching my logs I have about 8000 downloads....

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...CM7 style...

kimalso

Reaction score
Thanks!

Loving your latest ROM update....thanks for all your hard work!

radon_22

Reaction score
Watching my logs I have about 8000 downloads....

Can't rave enough about this one. This may be the most stable I've seen my Droid yet. Have you thought about a build for the GTab?

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Can't rave enough about this one. This may be the most stable I've seen my Droid yet. Have you thought about a build for the GTab?

Thought about it but never really sat down and looked at all I would have to change and so many others were working on decent versions that I just let it go. Not sure I want to invest the time/effort now either...my wife wasn't thrilled with the time I spent on the Droid rom :)

dparm

Reaction score
This doesn't seem to have the Exchange 2010 "ignore security settings" patch applied. :-(

For now I've installed the XDA Developers "patched" Email.apk that removes Exchange security policy enforcement. The official VZW FRG83G didn't have this problem, FYI (in fact, that's what was fixed over FRG83D).

Any chance you could fix Email.apk?

dparm

Reaction score
I'll look in to it and see what I can find or see what didn't get updated.

Thanks for the prompt reply! Let me know if I can help in anyway. Looking forward to running the "right" Email.apk.

dparm

Reaction score
LOL this is what happens when you don't get email notifications for new PMs. I'll let you know...

dparm

Reaction score
All is well! Thanks for allowing me to test.

BTW I have no idea why the patched Email.apk has weird icons in the menu. Never understood that. Why is "refresh" using a "play" icon? :blink: