tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Thanks! Trying out now. Love the fact that you're working off of FRG83G - in any future release is it possible to update the core Gapps?

You should be able to update all the Google Apps from the Market. I think Market is the only thing in that wouldn't update. Gmail updates fine and I try not to include the ones you can download from the Market itself (Maps, StreetView, etc..).

mjoshea148

Reaction score
Thanks! Trying out now. Love the fact that you're working off of FRG83G - in any future release is it possible to update the core Gapps?

You should be able to update all the Google Apps from the Market. I think Market is the only thing in that wouldn't update. Gmail updates fine and I try not to include the ones you can download from the Market itself (Maps, StreetView, etc..).

Ok - thanks. Still working on apps restore - first time seems to have timed out - might be network issue. Market also appeared to close for no reason on a couple occasions. Wiped data and going again.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Usually what I do (and highly suggest) is after wiping and installing a ROM, sign in to Gmail setting the phone up and then set it down and walk away. A LOT of syncing is going to take place with the "new" OS and Google's servers. I allow all the contacts and calendar info, etc.. to sync then later go in to the Market which usually triggers another run of syncing as apps start downloading...

I installed the ROM on my development Droid and ran it through it's paces then installed it on my (now decommissioned) Droid. Differences being that the dev has limited email/contacts and a few apps while my "use" phone had 100's of contacts, emails, calendar events and apps. I was running 2.2.4 up to getting my Droid 3 and only added the new Market for 2.2.5. Testing downloading a free app, purchasing an app and updating an app. All good.

mjoshea148

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. While I have been able to sync and restore contacts, the market will not download anything after leaving it alone for quite a while. I wiped/reflashed to the same result.

I also wasn't able to download 2.24 while on 2.25 to see if I could compare experience and see if new Market was driving the result. Interestingly enough the new Market homepage did display but attempting to download apps here/there also didn't get a result and the app frequently closed on its own even after wipe cache/clear data.

So temporarily restored to stock, rooted FRG83G and will later download 2.24 and see whether I have same problems.

Let me know if you want any further detail.

Thanks!

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Try also wiping davlik-cache under advanced in Clockworkmod Recovery.

Weird. I had no issues with either phone, two different gmail accounts and as mentioned different levels of apps/contacts/emails.

Sitting here at work (shh..don't tell anyone), just browsed the Market, checked "my apps" to see what was installed, what was purchased but not installed.....backed out to the main market screen, scrolled over to "top free" and just downloaded and installed Angry Birds.

All the details you can...always a good thing.

Are you on 3G or WiFi? I can only test WiFi as my Droid isn't activated anymore (my Droid 3 is)

mjoshea148

Reaction score
Try also wiping davlik-cache under advanced in Clockworkmod Recovery.

Weird. I had no issues with either phone, two different gmail accounts and as mentioned different levels of apps/contacts/emails.

Sitting here at work (shh..don't tell anyone), just browsed the Market, checked "my apps" to see what was installed, what was purchased but not installed.....backed out to the main market screen, scrolled over to "top free" and just downloaded and installed Angry Birds.

All the details you can...always a good thing.

Are you on 3G or WiFi? I can only test WiFi as my Droid isn't activated anymore (my Droid 3 is)

I'm on 3G. After restore to stock, rooted FRG83G - all's fine again. In fact downloading 2.24 to try out.

On wiping reinstalling, I used 'wipe all' on RZR recovery x3.

I can see in 'My Apps' what apps are set to restore and a download indicator does appear - just nothing ever downloads, even after the sync process has completed.

Was planning on installing 2.24 since it's the same minus new market and see what happens by comparison.

mjoshea148

Reaction score
I also downloaded/installed 2.24. I couldn't get past the signin screen - no apparent data on 3G. Wiped x3 and reinstalled - same result. Never tried earlier versions but generally haven't had this experience on ROM installs. Will try at home via wifi at some point.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Totally weird. Have you tried just rebooting the phone. Never had a 3G issue.

As for wiping, you only have to wipe once, forget all the "wipe 3x" nonsense...I wonder who started that misinformation?

mjoshea148

Reaction score
Totally weird. Have you tried just rebooting the phone. Never had a 3G issue.

As for wiping, you only have to wipe once, forget all the "wipe 3x" nonsense...I wonder who started that misinformation?

Got home - wiped phone, redownloaded Zip on PC and moved to phone, installed and setup account but all downloads still don't work. This time via WiFi.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I am at a lost....my sister just emailed me and said she just did her's and her husband's phones with no issues.

Plus the two I did of my own. I might have to take my wife's and root/install it on hers.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...CM7 style...

mjoshea148

Reaction score
Hi - quick update. Reflashed and tried both 2.2.4 and 2.2.5:

2.2.5: installed and synced contacts but would not download anything from the market although all my apps were in queue to restore. Market closed and force closed a lot.

2.2.4: was able to install and link account. Market apps started to restore and one-by-one errored out as unable to download. Manually trying to download an application had the same result.

I've heard of issues like this related to prop.build - wondering if that's at fault?

For reference, in last week, I've flashed successfully a number of GB roms - all of which had their day-to-day issues. Like the stability of FRG83G based roms.

Thank you again for trying to help! More than happy to keep testing if you find anything.

Mike

EmberWings

Reaction score
Awsome Rom By far

Well I installed 2.2.5 over 2.2.4 and it works like a charm no problems what so ever on 3G or WiFi and market and syncing work flawlessly and it linked all my old downloads already installed all i did was wipe Delvic Cache and the reguliar cache and poof. Thanx so much for the awesome rom and love Market 3.0. To bad we can get GTalk with video to work on 2.2 lol. dancedroid dancedroid