[ROM] RZ Baseline v0.4 [FRG83G]

Discussion in 'Raidzero' started by raidzero, Feb 21, 2011.

1. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Well it just works! I tried on demand and my old heat issue returned. I have a profile set in Set CPU at 50° but just watching the information page in Set CPU load drops and temp stays lower in interactive. This was while downloading a large file on 3G. I also noticed min sample rate is at -1 I think default is 5000. Whatever it is I'm sticking with it unless I get heat issues again. Thank you again RZ

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. leland

leland Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which launcher are you folks using? And if I have an ADW Ex license, what would be the approach? Just put it on any old one and then install?

3. raidzero

raidzero n00b.
    Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    I love ADW ex, long time LP user but saw the light of ADW (ex) and switched in one day.

LP is still the default since it comes fast out of the box, and speed is good;)

and yes, just choose adw or LP or zeam, then install adw ex and then uninstall the old one. The launchers install to /data, so its real easy to do :D

4. leland

leland Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great, thanks. Loving the ROM and Recovery. Is Car Home in the market somewhere? Hopefully Google will begin putting all their apps in the market so ROMs can be minimal.

5. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can blame me for this one everyone :D

6. davros

davros Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    Adw ex owns ;)

7. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it does
    Rz could you send me the wallpaper that comes w/ the blue theme? Thanks. Also is there a command for fix permissions that can run through terminal emulator?

8. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I have to say first of all this is the fastest, smoothest,ROM I've ever run. I'm convinced that my replacement D1 just has an inferior chip to my original. Every ROM I've flashed has given me heat problems. While RZ seems to run much better with less overheating I still run hot pushing it. I'm using SetCPU with profile for CPU temp at 50°, 250 min and 400 max interactive. Main profile is 250, 1100 interactive . I thought I'd try RZ 125,800 kernel. After flashing it SetCPU no longer shows time in state and the overall performance dropped noticeably. So I flashed the 250,1100 kernel thinking back to stock. Performance seems to be back to the amazing level as the initial install, but still no time in state. Also system panel no longer shows CPU speed.
    I use ES file manager that can transfer files via wifi local from my computer and it no longer connects after the kernel swap.
    Should I restore my backup? Is there something different in the stock kernel and the one on the RZ kernel thread?
    Hate to be such a bother but this ROM is just so close to perfect for my Droid. Maybe I'm to worried about the heat issue but over 50° scares me.

9. raidzero

raidzero n00b.
    Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    my kernels that I made lately do not include debugging info, I pulled all that out for speed. time in state is dependent on this debugging info. if you want to try some crazy low voltage kernels, try some of these
    Index of /droid/kernels/eckyx

they were custom made for eckyx, a user who did a ton of research and asked me to make him some slot configs he requested. they dont boot for me, but they work great for him. perhaps you got lucky and your droid requires much less voltage than the rest of us... they still dont have time in state

10. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I tried to install this rom, did a full wipe (3 times) and did the install. All I get is the boot M screen. Had to pull battery and go do a restore. I am currently using a version of GPA12. Any suggestions?

11. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have the blue theme wallpaper? If yes is it possible someone could send it to me

12. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    No luck with ulv so no need to go further. Worth a try. I'm trying 250/1000. I set min. Sample rate in set CPU to 50000 but when I go back in it's back to-1. Maybe I should let it go. As I said, this ROM is the hands down best ever as is.
    Do you think 50° is the right temp to set for profile?

Search tags for this page

rz baseline rom gingerbread