[ROM] RZ Baseline v0.4 [FRG83G]

Discussion in 'Raidzero' started by raidzero, Feb 21, 2011.

1. nihawk

nihawk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This rom is great. But my phone wont update apps. It says "unknown error-18"

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. white_ash143

white_ash143 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been using this ROM for a little over a week and I've been missing calls like crazy recently. For instance, yesterday I was using my browser when my boss calls and leaves me a message and I didn't even get a notification and it didn't even ring or vibrate (already checked to make sure they were enabled). Also, been having problems when my battery low message pops up and I return from lockscreen it reboots phone. Running stock LV kernel and it works perfectly fine other than a few reboots and missed calls/messages.

3. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Is there a way to stop compcache that survives boot?

4. raidzero

raidzero n00b.
    Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    if you want to disable compcache, go to the installer and go to the compcache menu and select no /remove, the to get it ack just return to the install menu. for now, you will need to remake your launcher, sell and kernel selections but 0.5 remembers these things..

5. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Talk about quick response... What about the edit tabs that all the GB ROMS have for selecting text? I played with a Droid 2 in the store and it was on it. I know the stock D2 was Froyo.
    And while I'm picking what about DSP manager ?

6. raidzero

raidzero n00b.

Ratings:
    +3
    This is a froyo ROM :) I am not familiar with the edit tab, can you link me? DSP manager is only used to basically provide an equalizer type function, right?

to me, these things are not required. They can be added by the user though

7. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    The tabs extend below the cursor position to select text allowing you to see the cursor position to make more precise cursor position. It works in all the GB ROMS I've tried. The D2 was a display model at Verizon so I'm sure it was Froyo.
    I think DSP has to be a system app, it requires a lib file. XDA has an update zip that installs it but I tried it on your V0.3. It runs but no change in audio. I may try to flash the zip on V0.4.

8. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I tried the DSP zip. It aborts.

9. raidzero

raidzero n00b.

Ratings:
    +3
    might be in the wrong format. I will add a DSP option to 0.5 install menu, thanks for the info. can never have too many options now that th euser isnt forced to make a selection for each one :)

10. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Other than adding features how can this ROM be improved? How can the ROM or kernel speed download speed? I am convinced that my data speed on 3G is vastly improved with your ROM.

11. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    RZ, what are your thoughts on compcache ? It seems to me that it is a bit more CPU intensive and not really necessary with froyo. GB pretty much requires it on Droid from what I can tell. Your ROM is so lean and fast I'm thinking load average and therefore battery would be improved by disabling compcache.
    Also, I do not have any SD extensions partitioned, should I? Do apps to SD work better with an ext?
    My SD is filled with directorys from installed apps should I format it and start over?
    Maybe I should have posted this somewhere else but you seem to have a good breath of knowledge.

12. raidzero

raidzero n00b.

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, believe it or not, I completely forgot to optimize the images in 0.4.. So it can be better, you will notice apps loading faster and an overall more smooth feeling to 0.5. I am testing DSP manager now
    I do not use compcache, I only included it for the sake of being complete. I personally find no benefit to it. I don't have my SD card partitioned either, maybe I am old-fashioned. Formatting the SD card is a great way to keep things fresh. You will notice an improvement in speed of most everything that uses the SD card off a fresh format.

Search tags for this page

rz baseline rom gingerbread