[ROM] Rumm Rx v1.0.3 - Feed your addiction with a second dose!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I certainly hope JRummy is working on an update to this Rom which includes the the latest update. I am looking forward to trying his rom but I'd like to wait a bit longer till he brings it up to date.

wayne9592

Reaction score
Is it normal to for system info to read 2.3.20 instead of 2.3.40 once updated and running rum rx 1.0.3?

1.0.3 is based on 2.3.320 and replaces the 2.3.340 /system with 2.3.320. So yes. If you use the latest update.zip files from TBH you can update the other parts of your phone, other than the system, to the latest OTA versions.

I was able to run the updated version no problems just didn't show system up to date

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I cannot go without my Facebook sync. Fix it, and this rom will be in the top. Nevertheless, excellent work.

toast333

Reaction score
need help. yeah a noob.

i was recommended to this site by a couple friends on the motorola site. i want this rom so bad, but im a little hesitant. right now, i have z4root ran and rooted. bootstrap, not run. rom manager, backed up current rom and flashed with droid x 2.5.0.7. tbh tranquility 3.6.0 downloaded not run.and sbf 2.3.40 again, just downloaded.

problem is im just plain confused what to do. if someone can write me a stupid proof howto or point me in the right direction, i would be grateful.

i did try to research it, but it was just a little overwhelming. just got my x a couple months ago after i got back from deployment so im trying to play catchup.

thanks in advance.
brian

MrKleen

Reaction score
i was recommended to this site by a couple friends on the motorola site. i want this rom so bad, but im a little hesitant. right now, i have z4root ran and rooted. bootstrap, not run. rom manager, backed up current rom and flashed with droid x 2.5.0.7. tbh tranquility 3.6.0 downloaded not run.and sbf 2.3.40 again, just downloaded.

problem is im just plain confused what to do. if someone can write me a stupid proof howto or point me in the right direction, i would be grateful.

i did try to research it, but it was just a little overwhelming. just got my x a couple months ago after i got back from deployment so im trying to play catchup.

thanks in advance.
brian

You can get rid of Rom manager since it is of little to no use at all. You cannot make a backup with it or anything else for that matter. You can only make a backup with clockwork. Go ahead and run bootstrapper and then click on bootstrap recovery, that will load the clockwork recovery for you. Then you can click on reboot recovery which will take you to clockwork. From there you can go down and make your stock backup.

Second piece of advice is to get rid of Tranquility unless you want to have all kinds of problems flashing your first rom... it is not a nice first rom to try.

From here you can do some reading and research as to which rom you would like to try. Follow the instructions and you should be ok.

P.S. Where did you get your sbf? (I don't think there is a new complete sbf yet.)

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

thanks in advance.
brian

I'll PM you shortly. If anyone else is hesitant with flashing your first ROM, feel free to message me.

Edit: pm sent. Enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dakotakid44

Reaction score
very nice rom! when i go to the rummy rx toolbox it says this app is vonly available for jrummy roms.

edit: when i checked the rom version cit changed to VZW?

badazz74

Reaction score
I just got my droid x yesterday after a good run with my og droid and I rooted it this morning and the flashed this rom. My question is how do you change the app drawer to the original one from the one that comes with this rom? I just like the scroll up and down instead of the cube.

Thablackguy

Reaction score
would like to see him update this for .340 !!! hopefully he's working on it !! Cause i'd take this over ApeX 1.3.1 though it also is awesome !!

briguy503

Reaction score
This rom works great and I had the ota .340 update from verizon. .320 im told is not different, just the difference between being leaked, and. 340 being official. Also I agree with other post, nexus theme is badass.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thablackguy

Reaction score
This rom works great and I had the ota .340 update from verizon. .320 im told is not different, just the difference between being leaked, and. 340 being official. Also I agree with other post, nexus theme is badass.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

REALLY ???? AWESOME !! so wait, Do i HAVE TO wipe switching from ApeX to Rumm Rx ?? i'm tired of switching roms and re-setting up crap.... lol

badazz74

Reaction score
I installed this rom, I then restored to original state, I wipe/factory reset, unrooted and re-rooted and I still have the splash screen at boot. the one with the droid in doc coat. How do I get rid of this.