[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

castxaway

Reaction score
After you installed the ROM, what other changes were made?
--Did you restore files from a backup (backup pro, or titanium backup)?
--What theme(s) have been installed, if so, was the theme designed for blurless roms.

I'm guessing you've got something running outside of the default ROM apps/etc. that's causing it. The best method I know if to determine what it is... is to use Titanium Backup to start freezing applications one at a time to figure out what it is.. :S

Please post back any info that helps, and GL!

Yeah, I did use titanium backup to restore, so that's probably it. I'm not using any themes. How do I fix it if it is titanium backup?

I had this same problem when I restored using Titanium backup. It was killing my battery too. I fixed it by going to the market and downloading "MyBackup." There is a free trial version available. Use this to backup all Apps/data then use it to restore. The sync icon is a common problem when restoring all your apps data through Titanium backup. I hope this helps!

This didn't work for me, should I try uninstalling titanium backup first?

sephtin

Reaction score
Yep, the restore is probably your culprit.

The only way I know to fix it, is to use Titanium Backup to start freezing applications, until the sync goes away in the notifications. When it does, you'll have found the application that's causing it.
I wish I knew more about doing this, as I've not done it before, but have read of it being done in other threads.

Even if you do get it, there's always the possibility that it's not the only issue, you could run into others later on.. so keep that in mind. :(

In the long run, the cleanest way to fix it, is to just reinstall the rom again, deleting the cache, data, etc. as per the instructions. Setting things up manually would fix the issue, and probably give you a cleaner install as well...

What didn't work? Trying to use titanium to freeze the app that's causing the problem? If that doesn't work, the only fix I know of, is to reinstall the ROM, and this time don't restore using titanium. :( I wish I knew a better way.
HTH, GL!

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Loving this ROM, fast as hell!

This was noted earlier but I don't think it's been addressed. I too am getting the constant sync icon in the notification bar, my battery life is about 5-8 hours shorter since I installed this ROM and I'm assuming it's because of this constant syncing... any way to fix this?

what accounts do you have running under my accounts? if you have a social networking account hooked up through my accounts, it'll constantly try to sync since they've been removed

soccerman316

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

This didn't work for me, should I try uninstalling titanium backup first?[/QUOTE]

Did you format system, data, and cache again then use Mybackup to restore?

castxaway

Reaction score

This didn't work for me, should I try uninstalling titanium backup first?[/QUOTE]

Did you format system, data, and cache again then use Mybackup to restore?[/QUOTE]

I went and wiped data and cache (not format) and restored with mybackup again and it's gone now, and my battery life is already way better. Thanks for wasting your first two posts on me! ;]

thickey85

Reaction score
Stock Visual Voicemail app

So far this rom has been awesome!! Blazing fast and great battery life (love the R2 sounds as well!). Only issue I'm having is that I was using a different rom before and it required me to dl VVM from the market. Now with this rom it required me to uninstall it and told me I would need to reinstall through the stock Voicemail icon. Only problem is it looks like the VVM was taken out with the bloatware. Any way of getting this back?

soccerman316

Reaction score

Did you format system, data, and cache again then use Mybackup to restore?[/QUOTE]

I went and wiped data and cache (not format) and restored with mybackup again and it's gone now, and my battery life is already way better. Thanks for wasting your first two posts on me! ;][/QUOTE]

No problem! I'm glad it went away!

soccerman316

Reaction score
So far this rom has been awesome!! Blazing fast and great battery life (love the R2 sounds as well!). Only issue I'm having is that I was using a different rom before and it required me to dl VVM from the market. Now with this rom it required me to uninstall it and told me I would need to reinstall through the stock Voicemail icon. Only problem is it looks like the VVM was taken out with the bloatware. Any way of getting this back?

Here's a link for the Droid x system dump. Download and unzip. The VVM.apk is in the app folder. I hope this works for you!

droidx.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

sephtin

Reaction score

I've read that someone was successful in re-installing the VVM .apk. I personally use (and much prefer) using google voice for voicemail (and saves me 2.99/month for each line)... But if you want it, it is an option. Try searching the boards for reinstalling VVM, I bet you'll find the info.

Also, drod has posted that he's working on the next version of rubiX, which will come in 2 flavors, Focused (blur-less), and Blurry... I assume blurry will include the VVM app. Sounds like it won't be long before it's out.
HTH, GL!

Luuboy

Reaction score
LED Notifications

Hi,

Just installed the ROM, awesome btw. But one thing I have a problem with is the LED notifications for texts (I use Handsent) and touchdown (email app) dont show up. I get them for GMail but not the other two. I've gone through each of those settings and made sure notifications are selected, etc etc.... Any way someone can help?

thickey85

Reaction score
VVM Fixed!

Here's a link for the Droid x system dump. Download and unzip. The VVM.apk is in the app folder. I hope this works for you!

droidx.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Thanks, that worked perfectly!

Rob Storm

Reaction score
Edit your build.prop file. Look for the line that says VVM and change to false. That will allow you to install the newer version on market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bcals0087

Reaction score
Ive been having some issues where, one, my memory gets very low, I have a memory optimizer, but that doesn't seem to be working too well, and it seems the phone itself has significantly slowed down. Now don't get me wrong, it is still faster than the ota, but what could be the reason why it has slowed down so much. Even when I close out some of the programs like browser, ringtone applications, and others that I'm not using, it still seems to be a bit choppy. Im using launcher pro, and have renamed adw to a .bak file just in case. Any thoughts?

sephtin

Reaction score
Ive been having some issues where, one, my memory gets very low, I have a memory optimizer, but that doesn't seem to be working too well, and it seems the phone itself has significantly slowed down. Now don't get me wrong, it is still faster than the ota, but what could be the reason why it has slowed down so much. Even when I close out some of the programs like browser, ringtone applications, and others that I'm not using, it still seems to be a bit choppy. Im using launcher pro, and have renamed adw to a .bak file just in case. Any thoughts?

Really really stupid question.... if you remove the memory optimizer, does it seem snappier? *shrug*

Also, what app is it?

bcals0087

Reaction score

Really really stupid question.... if you remove the memory optimizer, does it seem snappier? *shrug*

Also, what app is it?

No it doesn't do too much when I remove it. It's Autokiller memory optimizer. I just use it to configure android's memory to when it should start freeing up memory. It's also a process manager, so I can kill off a process if I'm not going to be using it anymore and I would prefer the memory. eg. browser, ringtone applications, quadrant. I dunno, that nice zoom effect when menus or apps open up seems to get choppy after a while. Not as smooth as what I like